A suggestion to look into getting the community involved in helping prepare cases

Discussion in 'General' started by BigMac, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is more towards SteamRep but I'm sure it could benifit FoG as well. I think getting the community involved in preparing cases will benefit both SteamRep and the community.

A suggestion could be that for various case types there could be public and private processes.

If a process was written that could be public knowledge and given to the community they could have the public steps completed and then hand over the case, what will be left is the private tests. This will at the very least take of some time in completing the cases and at the same time give the community more knowledge on how to perform common checks.

There could be trust issues with parts of the community trying to send through a false report but to counter this you could have a minimum vote required placed. Alt accounts could be an issue but there could be a registration required to post, it could be a form which needs to be filled with a rep delegated to reading and approving the applications.

Users with approval could have access to a locked forum where they can view cases to be actioned. The community will then follow a the public process for that case type (also following a process on how to action a care) in getting it prepared and then taging a rep.

Once completed and a criteria is met they could then tag an admin that can work on it or change the status and assign it to a new queue. I'm sure there's things to consider and a lot of work to do in getting it operation but if it's possible and it takes off it should benefit all.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello @BigMac@BigMac, I don't think having general community processing our reports would help but maybe we could have like a vote system of what reports should prioritized- may only allow Partners and Friends to vote at the beginning them move to member with more than 200 posts. Or I could also see, member only allowed to vote after doing some automated form. What do you think? What do you guys think? Brainstorm about it!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  3. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah I agree with the authentication form, I noted in the op there could be a registration required to post. It'll be a great way to ensure everyone meets a certain criteria.

That's something I'm sure the community can help with moving forward and shouldn't be to hard to implement. I don't know the functionality and reporting of the forum is but is something like this possible?

The ability to give the selected members access to a button where they can each place 1 vote per thread. The thread won't move but it'll just trigger a number in a database where a report could be ran that places them in order of voted up. This data could be then shared on a thread.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  4. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    About the amount of posts, I would suggest more an certain amount of posts in the reports section/SR. But in my opinion this idea could be something possibly, but it'll be experimental if it will become used so it'll need some fixes for sure.

5. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In my opinion its a waste of time, any sort of public voting system won't get anywhere near the amount of votes on FoG for it to be worth it, plus it'll just delay any actual action. Plus any admin going through reports should be able to prioritise reports themselves if they decide to handle them.

7. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Note this a suggestion for SR too.

8. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    True, but that can be posted on the SR forums, in terms of use on FoG I don't see the point.

9. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am banned there, anyways something to consider. I'm sure there's a lot of community members that can help out with non critical works.

10. monkey

monkey Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    im with ninja otter on this. i dont see any benefit for FoG on this.. maybe for SR but not much for FoG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.