A request to the admins.

Discussion in 'General' started by Krupp, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krupp

Krupp Member

What do you propose instead of asking politely directly to them on the server? That I should tell them to go fuck themselves? Yeah, that worked so well before, right? I didn't say that you were trying to fight either, but your posts are a bit...hmm, what should I say...aggressive. Which is not necessary, but what do I know.

So, you guys are asking for names. The people who did this today was Downie, Downy and DarkRegen. Are you happy now?

2. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When did I do what?
    How was I able to do what?
    The admin powers were down today.
    Also, played like 30 minutes today, so doubt that I did something.

3. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Can I point out, that admins can ban each other in jest as much as they want (as long as both parties are fine with it, even n0:name does it on occasion) so thats not really a big deal, unless they start kicking/banning random players.

Spamming /msay isn't that annoying to me or most of the people here but I can see how it can be to regulars. It also depends how often it happens, if it's non-stop then that's abuse but if its like for 30 minutes at one point in the day just think of it as harmless fun. Because that's what it is, unlike /slap, /slay and other commands it doesn't really affect anyone's gameplay etc.

4. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You are acting very hypocritical, stop it, all I'm saying is you could make a suggestion to have this rule passed, then you won't have to complain about admins spamming, you get what I'm saying?

5. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's a simple thread asking them to stop how did it turn into this...

6. Krupp

Krupp Member

You were on Orange about 2 hours ago, right? And you banned DarkRegen permanently for "abuse", so it looks like it worked pretty fine to me.
    But he got unbanned in a few minutes and you both continued on the server. You used msay to say "Downy rekt" or something like that, right?

And what part is hypocritical in your opinion? I'm only asking. Your posts were a bit aggressive in my opinion, I'm not implying anything.
    Well, this is kinda a suggestion in some way.

I would also like to point out that this specific thing isn't the first time it's happening. It seems like the Downyies have a bit of trouble keeping their silly commands in control quite often. I'm not saying this for any other reason than it's very annyoing. Especially since you guys are telling others to not do like that. You get me?

7. Cellah

Cellah Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    For what my say in this matters, I agree with Krupp. It's a bit annoying to see the messages pop up in the middle of the screen, it's a distraction, and what's worse is that when they actually need to warn someone, people might not listen. Kinda like the Boy cries wolf effect.

8. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You literally said: That I should tell them to go fuck themselves. You think I would tell you or even imply in any way to tell an admin to fuck off? that seems a bit aggressive don't you think?, you could say this is a suggestion but it isn't a strong suggestion, it's not backed up with evidence, best thing you could do is make a suggestion thread, back it up with evidence and your reasoning of the claims.

9. Damiensdk

Damiensdk Banned

Can we also talk about admins play audio/visual popups? They're seriously annoying, even on trade.

10. Krupp

Krupp Member

You said that asking them politely wouldn't work, so I asked you if you had a better idea to handle the thing. As you may be aware of, I could be quite awful against some people before when I got angry for stuff. It was even worse before you joined this place, but I took care of that problem because I didn't like what I had become - I was like you. So when I said that I was refering to how things could be before, which I'm not going to do again. I honestly thought you would figure that out by yourself, but you didn't. I don't need to prove anything. I wouldn't make this thread only for fun. I made it because there is a problem in my opinion and I'm asking them to stop. I think that's better than attacking them personally, which is not going to lead to anything constructive.

I won't argue with you, it's pointless. I get it, you don't like me and you don't have to.

11. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just to clarify since I don't want to be wrong on the matter; where has these issues been happening Krupp?

12. Krupp

Krupp Member

2Fort and Orange. Mostly when Downy/Downie join the servers.

13. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Let's keep it civilized and semi-professional this time, shall we lads?

While there's no denying that this has happened, albeit once, I'd like you to ask the person responsible for the spam to stop in a private message or chat.
    We all know what happens here when we try to have a civilized discussion about sensitive matters.
    I'll see to it that it never happens again.

14. Krupp

Krupp Member

Nice try Downy :p

15. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I also never stated it, but I implied that I agreed with Krupp, here.

16. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks.

I've added a rule that should stop the admins (including me) from using these commands improperly.
    Obviously sounds really hypocritical coming from me, I know.

17. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes, a thread has been made in the admin forums regarding this as a new rule.
    Also, Curry, you're not you when you're hungry. This is for you.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    At least you acknowledge your own errors and "take it like a man" as some would put it instead of trying to trying to act innocent.

Does the replies satisfy, Krupp?

19. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    TL;DR Learn from your mistakes, don't be rude

20. Krupp

Krupp Member

I'd like to thank you @Downy@Downy for listening to my request and take it for what it is.
    It's nothing personal and I'm not doing it to flame anybody.

To the rest of you: thanks for taking your time and for every constructive opinion here. It's very nice to see that I can make posts without everything going completely nuts. Now when this has been settled, I don't have anything more to add.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.