A request to the admins.

Discussion in 'General' started by Krupp, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krupp

Krupp Member

I'm asking you very politely to stop spamming useless junk to everyone on servers. It's very annoying when a couple of admins are fooling around with the msay command, typing stuff like "Downy rekt. Yes. No" and so on. When you're asking them friendly and civilized to stop doing that when it happens and you get an answer like "it's rare to see non-butthurt players nowadays" (or something like that), it makes me wonder if you really should be admins at all. When the command spamming wasn't fun enough, you went on and kicked/banned each other instead. It's even more awkward when you think about all the times you are complaining on other people's admin applications they are too immature and yada yada, and your own behavior is even worse.

I'm not saying every admin is like this, there are a couple of good ones. But to you who's doing this (I think you know who), please don't. I know that a couple of persons here have some serious issues with everything I say on the forums, so I expect nothing else than shit from you. But hopefully you can see this thread as an attempt to do the right thing for once (if everything I've said before wasn't).

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Sidenote: it wasn't on trade.

2. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

SynchronizedMurders [FoG] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    bananas

On a serious note, do ask the admin who are doing that directly.

Say it when it happens, don't complain after.

Thats prolly the most effective way to affect our admins behaviour.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  3. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you were to specify were this 'annoyance' is coming from then it'd be a bit more helpful, seeing as on Trade/Achievement admins tend to goof around, also 'so I expect nothing else than shit from you' provoking a shitstorm isn't a good idea considering you are annoyed at something the admins tend to do.

4. Krupp

Krupp Member

Did you even read it? It clearly says I told them directly on the server.

5. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Settle the matter there. Currently it looks like ye just gave up after they called ye butthurt.

6. Krupp

Krupp Member

If I were to report any specific admin, I would have made a admin report. This is just a request/reminder to any admin that they shouldn't do this.
    "I know that a couple of persons here have some serious issues with everything I say on the forums, so I expect nothing else than shit from you" - I'm refering to all those times I've tried to have civilized discussions on the forums, and some people (like you for example) were too 'butthurt' to even read my posts before you got insane and insulted me. I said this to defend myself from any attack. How strange it may sound I actually don't want to fight with anybody, and hopefully you don't get me wrong this time.

7. Krupp

Krupp Member

They all left. What could I possibly do anyway when they just don't give a fuck about what I say?

8. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I can see how you can be annoyed by this, but it isn't as "immature" as others are on other apps. Really, /msay should be used for only important messages only, such as telling many players a message(Ex. A whole team for spawncamping because KOTH_Harvest is a bad map). But, occasionally they can be "silly" and have fun. If it is on occasion, it is okay, but if it is being spammed, it because a problem, to one that can possible be marked as abuse (as spamming isn't allowed in the rules) and you can file a report. Oh, and especially how it can block most of the screen, yes, it can be a problem.

9. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay then please make a rule suggestion then, you came in here and told admins what to do, instead you could of made a rule suggestion so they wouldn't be able to do this, this thread is pretty much pointless.

10. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Guys cmon cut him some slack he tries to make it better in his way.

11. Krupp

Krupp Member

I respectfully disagree because I've seen how many here behave in the forums.

12. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am not debating "maturity" but more so the spam of /msay."

Edit: I do want to know, do you mean saying stuff like "#rekt" and other such words/phrases? Because it's not demoting someone as an admin to use such terms, or do you mean shitstorms, or how some of us snap at eachother as immaturity, because I do see that as immaturity, but we have those times, and I still feel regret for I once did to someone.

13. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Krupp, you have a point and I agree spamming shouldn't be the task of and admin. Preventing should.

offtopic: nice to see you around here, it has been a while

14. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Am totally fine discussing this, however I'd like to know who those admins are.

Otherwise this looks like a complaint to the whole admin group in my eyes.

However, I've been wrong before. Prob am again.

15. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    it should be obvious but how many va's are there?

16. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But it's not.

17. Krupp

Krupp Member

It's starting to get quite annoying that you keep misunderstand me and fail to read my posts correctly. I was very careful to start my post with "I'm asking you politely" - which is a friendly request, not a demand. I don't want to fight with you, so can we please keep this on a better level?

18. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh please, there are times when just ignoring someone is appropriate (most children who rant about being muted etc) - but this isn't one of them.

There certainly is a point where it's all just spewing shit and not actually setting a proper example, I agree that Krupp has actually highlighted a significant issue here.

Naming and shaming is a good idea, otherwise nada will be done about this situation... I don't feel as if anyone needs to be 'brought to justice' or anything but it's certainly an area that's starting to slack immensely.

19. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I seriously doubt asking an admin politely to stop will work, and please stop accusing me of trying to 'fight' with you, since I don't intend to fight anyone.

Back on topic, like I said before, you can still make a rule suggestion.

20. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What has this to do with VAs? Did i miss something here?

Well whatever.

Do whatcha like, settle it how ye like, since I apparently keep misunderstanding ye.

GL have a nice evening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.