Jailbreak issues. Please take seriously.

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Enjoyker, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Again, please take this seriously, also only JB regulars read this, thanks.
    I am trying my best to be nice to other regulars playing jb yet most of them treat me like I'm the garbage of this earth. You know who you are, you know how you treat me, I'm not going to name anyone
    (People who don't treat me like the worst of the worst: Serrt, Spark and a few others)
    So I would like to ask all JB regulars (and also admins) which have anything against me - Can I change my behavior somehow? I don't like to be the asshole guy who just bashes everyone with really cruel humor as that just goes against my personality.
    So am I doing anything wrong? Is there anything about me that annoys you and I could change?
    Have an awesome day,
    Enjoyker.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You're doing nothing wrong at all, jb is just cancer. Some regulars do it as a joke and assume you're in on the joke. All I have to say to you is this:
    Don't ever take any of the shit they say seriously, come on.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Teh TheoDeKillah

Teh TheoDeKillah Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Personal i don't have anything against you. You are very okey person for me.
    You Don't need to change your behavior for a game...
    You are Enjoyker you must act like Enjoyker, just be you and everything will be ok.
    Just stop saying jokes because for some reason everyone hates them on eu JB

Trust me , i play on jb eu server since 2014 i know very good all of them ;)
    Have a nice day too,
    Teh TheoDeKillah

4. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    First of all, I find it pretty brave that you stand up for yourself.
    No, you're not doing anything wrong. Some people just seem to have this disliking to younger players. Stay youself and ignore the insults coming towards you. Like @dino@dino said, don't take anything seriously in jailbreak. Some people in jailbreak just have this kinda humour where they insult eachother and expect an insult back. If this still goes on you can always report the players who are nitpicking on you. Also don't be afraid to use your microphone. If you want to talk, then talk.

5. Svarten

Svarten Maximal Effort Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Promise me to never change yourself for someone else. If they don't appreciate you for who you are then screw them and don't bother with them, ok?

This thread alone shows that you're far more mature than most of the regulars, keep it up bud.
    Out.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  6. Retro

Retro Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well buddy I am afraid that this might be a dead end. Those who take your concerns seriously will never treat you like that. They will simply accept you.
    Those you actually want to reach just don't give a fuck, so no, they will certainly not take that seriously. But that's because they don't care. And there is nothing you can do to fix that. Just be yourself, hang out with those that accept and appreciate you and forget about the rest.
    I just checked, you are only 14, huh? Let a 24 year old grandpa tell you that you are going to deal with that kind of scenario for the rest of your life. First of all it is not important and second of all completely impossible to be liked by everyone. Human beings are too different in order to make that work. Don't be too upset about it.

7. RiddleMan

RiddleMan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nah, don't take it seriously, everybody is using crude humor in jb theese days to produce a laugh or two in the chat.

Nobody is really there to insult/offend you. (except it's some guy who really hates you for whatever reason)

And as stated above, You dont need to change your behavior for anybody.

8. Aleksa

Aleksa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just don't listen to the criticism, but why is everyone typing like this?

9. SparK.exe

SparK.exe Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    white bulli me too but i bulli him back so ez

10. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    glad to hear but...
    im not really about that lifestyle

11. ☣ Mario

☣ Mario Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Y u think of ur self like dat boi? U toght meh how 2 emmo gletch. Ur Teh best.

Wit lov.
    Merio Machine

12. Creepis

Creepis Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Anything that happens online shouldn't be taken serious or to heart, don't have a mental break down over something because someone thinks differently of you. I remember you speaking smack about me in voice chat as I haven't played Jailbreak in a long time but I really didn't care, I sometimes took the piss out of it but it was all just fun and games and holding grudges is just stupid, anyone that's here to make someones day worse should check themselves out of the door and reflect on themselves.

I understand it from your perspective, you're still young (14 if your profile is right) and you probably take a lot of things too personally and that's fine. I myself was like this due to my personality, I was very shy and took almost everything to heart from strangers I didn't even know, fearing that whatever I did was wrong or I could've hurt them and our relationship with them. Well, growing up has definitely changed my way of thinking (20 years old pls help) and I definitely concluded that taking strangers criticism shouldn't be taken to heart as they don't know you that well so don't take their shit and stand up for yourself. You'll do just fine.

13. ser12rt

ser12rt Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Whilst people are right about it being the Internet and you not taking it too seriously, I support why you're saying it and I'm sorry you even had to make this post in the first place to try and make it stop.

Having said this, I'm going to politely say that a certain admin who mutes you or gags you for no reason ought to stop. Fully, because considering they do it for no reason and literally do it two minutes after they join a server, it's ridiculous.

14. Ducks Are People Too

Ducks Are People Too Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, I was hoping I didn't have to respond to this, but Serrs post and your sneaky little "agree" you put there really rustled my jimmies.

Let's make this clear, I only gagged you once as a joke. Looking back at it yes it was a bad joke, but it clearly wasn't meant as a personal attack. If I recall correctly it was the same day I gagged WHITE for 1 min for the same reason "meanie" after he called me bad at obby. WHITE understood the joke and went on with his day, and yes, I was wrong in assuming everyone could take the joke the same as he did, it was my mistake. If I remember correctly you were on the VSH server a few days ago when I said an intentionally cringy joke and Dino muted me for it, you should have seen I wasn't the only one who has done it and it's simply banter. But you reacting with "agree" on Serrs post shows you still hold a grudge on me for that.

The thing is, I never really disliked you before you made this post, I merely found you annoying. When you posted this, it was clearly meant for me. So instead of ever talking to me about what I did, you went to the forums and turned it into a publicity stunt. Just look at all these people just lining up to pat you on the back. From your point of view (my gag being a personal attack), if I were to address the situation I would be risking my status as a mini admin, which is most likely why you didn't directly call me out and left me the option of not replying, turning the thread into a circle jerk where only sunshine, rainbows and opinions you liked were present.

So I didn't reply and attempted to avoid being toxic towards you to avoid you feeling more butthurt about me. But despite that your hostility towards me slowly started growing. When I asked you why you were giving me snarky remarks every time I died in VSH, you said it's because I've been toxic towards you for years, but in reality, there's a 3 year gap between us ever talking. All this showing that you misunderstand and over-exaggerate banter.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you feel mistreated by an admin feel free to report said person in an admin report. MAs are no exception, only difference is that they get no second chances.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I was infact hoping to receive positive comments and then that this thread would die (not implying yours is negative) but I feel like me hiding away from this wouldn't be the right thing to do.
    THIS IS NOT AN ADMIN REPORT - Atm I positive what Ducks did should challenge his MA position anyhow!!!. Also I hate seeing people getting demoted / generally losing in life, it really gets me down.

The gag was only one of the couple things that stacked up on each other. If you gagged me and WHITE for it, then why not others when they tell you usually the same stuff, sometimes even worse? This might sound a bit SJW-ish from me but my "misunderstanding of your humor" is simply because I have a different style of humor from yours, hopefully, that isn't a problem.

Ducks, this was never meant as a "publicity stunt", nor was it aimed specifically at you. You are one of about 5 people who I did not want to name, however, the one who surfaced, and I'm sorry for that, I didn't want it to happen... To be honest, I did not remember that gag up until now, when I read Serrts post, but I had to agree as during that time I felt it to be quite unjust, even if you meant it as banter, I simply did not find it amusing anyhow.

"So I didn't reply and attempted to avoid being toxic towards you to avoid you feeling more butthurt about me." This simply isn't true, don't you literally remember that time in VSH where you were commenting on my every death/anything I did?

"You said it's because I've been toxic towards you for years, but in reality, there's a 3 year gap between us ever talking." Yes, this is true, but I was not thinking straight while I was so mad at you at the time.

Enjoyker.

Also, I know this is NOT related at all and does not have to do anything about this, but I do have to take anti depressants and the day I posted this I forgot to take the pills.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry for quick and lazy response, just wanna say that I don't want this thread to turn into a cancer baby fight between people. Also this:
    Um:
    and it was quite obviously banter too.

18. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nice to hear, but I don't take it as banter myself when its repeated countless times.
    Also I would like to end it here and you want @Ducks Are People Too@Ducks Are People Too we can talk about this privately.

19. Retro

Retro Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright so as a philosopher I feel the urge to conclude this:
    @Ducks Are People Too@Ducks Are People Too Your 1st paragraph: Your behaviour always will force a reaction. This is how human beings work. If you are behaving in a certain way thinking "haha, so funny, LOL" and the other one isn't enjoying it that much, so be it. You already learned that you shouldn't assume that everybody will react the same way. Getting older (assuming that you are under 20) it gets even worse but enough of that. You will figure it out eventually.
    Woops. Well that is not true unfortunately. What happened is that you could identify with a problem that has been shown and you simply assumed that it must have been targeted towards you. Calm down buddy, you are not the center of the universe.
    I don't even know. These words don't even make sense to me whatsoever.
    @Enjoyker@Enjoyker It is the very same thing for you: Your behaviour forces reactions. That is totally normal. Assuming what Ducks Are People Too said is true, it means that you are kind of mean to eachother. God bless. Just mute him already. Or he mutes you and you mute him, whatever. It's so easy to fix, but I get the feeling that both of you absolutley want to come out as the "winner".
    Conclusion: Guess what, there is no winner here. As a 24 years old, I can safely say right into your faces, that you are making fools of yourselves. It is entertaining, that is true, but not much more.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wow, I didnt even think of me and Ducks basically doing the same to each other and trying to come out as the winner..
    But now that I see it I guess youre right @Retro@Retro
    Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.