Approved [JsLover] Developer Application

Discussion in 'Developer Applications (archive)' started by JsLover, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JsLover

JsLover Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Your age

Your profile
    hello, i would like to apply becaouse i would like to be developer in some community and grow with it, however i have also two more goals :)

-1 i would like to implement a CSGO Zombie Escape server and support it, because i lost my old cs ze server(+2 cs1.6 years server) due to ip change.

-2 second goal is that i want to implement on the top of this CSGO server, an idea of PLAYERS STATS REWARD SYSTEM, im not sure how i will explain this but lets imagine this senario: there's a system that keep tracking players in-game states/achievements like their kills, deaths, round survive (zombie escape) etc.. and collect and save it into database, and there will be CPanel on website where they can check their states and exchange the tokens earned with some giveaways like weapon skins, models, vip access etc.

-experiences:
    i have past experience in game-server management, over two years for a cs 1.6 Zombie Escape server, also in linux management, pawn (half-life1), javascript, angular2, nodejs, python, html, css, web hosting, sql...

-About me
    i am 25 years old, i love gaming, programming and everything about servers and IT.
    my github: https://github.com/imad-abdou

Note: if my application accepted i am willing to support you permanently trough the in-game advertisement, motdgd, chat pub and steam group, any possible way, im not looking for earning, but i really want do something and build community and surly improve my self.

thank you for reading my application

Main interest
    linux ubuntu

Time devotion
    not sure but i will be active :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you have never connected to our servers? (Not that that is a requirement) Well, first of all to your first point: We have had a server for a while, and it was going well. And then it didn't. Barely any players, which resulted in the owner shutting it down. So I'm afraid that a ZE server will not come back. To your second point: I suppose we have this already on our other (and had on ZE) already, by using GameMe. (https://stats.f-o-g.eu)
    Let me point out, that I won't have any part in this application, it's all n0name here, I just wanna clear some things in his stead. What we DO really need is a rework for some of our stats page or maybe to create one for arena? Just me dreaming. What I'm trying to say is that we are in need of some HTML, SQL and CSS skills.

3. JsLover

JsLover Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    hello Avaritia, thanks for your reply. well you are right i am new to this community, i thought that play time is required for admin applications but i agree with you, i need to spend more time here to know the people and they know me as well :) about the ZE Server well any server need support and dedicated time and effort to grow up and the beginning is the hardest part in the process but these are just extra goals of me, mainly i would like to apply for community developer. About the stats page rework, i noticed that the stats page are not responsive and css is a bit messy, i will be glad to do that just provide the rework type like functionality or design and the user story.

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    How experienced are you with PHP?

5. JsLover

JsLover Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    thanks for reply n0name, im very experienced with javascript es6/typescript,for backend/frontend development like using ExpressJs/angular2 but for PHP i do not have experience with this language, actually i hate it xD

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In that case, you'd have to fully rewrite the stats page using an express stack, as it currently is fully written in PHP (at least the page generation).
    Are you up for that task?

7. JsLover

JsLover Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    yes sure this is what i want to do, i will start right away.

Edit: to get started i need a dump of timer database sql structure with some dummy data to develop the state page, you can use phpmyadmin to export timer db or simply from terminal: $ mysqldump -u username -p password timer > timer.sql
    it will be a single page app with expressjs/angular6, the app will be based on this gameserver plugin https://github.com/Zipcore/Timer if you have any thoughts while i am working please inform me. thanks

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Accepted, welcome to the team!

Please add me in Steam so I can send you a link to our private DIscord server and get the work started.
    Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.