Accepted Admin Report - FINN

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by Miller1989, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Admin
    FINN

Date/time

Server
    CSGO - Surf Beginner [Tier 1-2 | Timer | Ranks] :: F-o-G.eu

Description
    FINN didn't stop a player, which I already made a report on just now, from being toxic towards other people. Apparently being friends with admins makes him think that he can allow them to insult others for no reason.

In one part of the video his friend "pAce" even asks him to do an introduction about him. FINN just replied with, "He is the most savage guy on the server".

And it's not like FINN didn't know what was going on since he was communicating per voice and also commenting on the insults that where made towards others by agreeing with the comments that pAce made.

Again, not much more to say, the evidence is here.

Evidence

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I was there too, I decided to join again once in a while and I see this shit.
    He blissfully ignores whatever is happening around him and just plays along with someone saying nigger.
    The video is also missing some other parts of the chat I believe, so there's even more where that came from.

3. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Miller1989@Miller1989 could you please provide the time when this happened? You might just look into the properties of the video/demo you recorded to find it. Also which map was this?

4. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Rizor@Rizor Around 16:20 on surf_classics2

5. FiNN

FiNN Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay
    So i do think for most people it clear that the conversation between all players in this clip was genneraly joking: Telling the guy he was smelling bad - clearly a joke. But i will say that pace had gone a bit too far with the joking some times: he was calling the someone a gypsy, and joing about turks - I shoud clearly have told him too calm down at this point.
    But as i said in the clip 6:30 (ingame to the guy) that pace is just joking. I know pace, and i know he just joking when he is saying things like we just saw. But some people not knowing he is joking he might come across as a bully, and ofc. thats not okay, thats not how joking shoud be.
    Also me saying: He is the most savage guy on the server - just said someting random.

Second too Polygone's claim that I "He blissfully ignores whatever is happening around him and just plays along with someone saying nigger" I thats simply not true. If you lisen to when the guy said the "N word" i was warning him, but because 6 people was reacting too it at the same time it was a bit hard to hear. But i do think the guy got the message that is not okay too say the word. On the surf 1-2 server alot of new players come all the time and alot of them are kids and they dont know the rules. I dont instant ban new people that dont know the rules. I give them a warning and tell them the consekvenses and this method work allmost every time.

Ps. When you point a finger, three fingers points toward your self.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hes got 5 days playtime and has been warned before on many occasions and always acts like this, to be fair, he shouldn't have been able to continually excessively swear and throw insults around for what we can only see in the 10 mins of the clip.

You are being to lenient in my opinion.
    Plus giving a snide response in a PS isnt the best way to reply to a admin abuse form.

7. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @FiNN@FiNN You can't be this naive. You can clearly hear that the other guys are not having fun with what is going on and they clearly don't see it as a joke.
    Everyone stopped talking because of your "friend" being toxic. Even if he is your friend you should still not put him on a pedestal and cherry pick what is right and wrong.

8. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Version2: 10 minutes footage of this case
    https://streamable.com/3irbp
    This version contains a bit more information and higher quality.

Also showing pace speaking another language than eng in voice before Finn joined + severe missbehaviour of Finn especially towards the end.
    Insulting for 10 minutes straight is no joking as you call it. The guy did obviously felt offended by pace also mentioning this towards the end.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Lelensko

Lelensko Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, after talking to Rizor, he asked me if I could make a statement regarding the evidence that has been posted in this report.

The video in this report has been recorded by me. You might wonder why I didn't make the report myself but I have my reasons for this, which I'll explain below.
    Originally I was going to post this report myself, but after talking to Miller, he offered to do it for me.
    This is because I genuinely feel bad when I have to report someone that I know, or like.
    Though, while I don't like doing it doesn't mean I don't do it. I've muted and banned people that I like before, and had Miller not offered to file this report, I would have done it myself, as I don't think what happened was right.
    It just seemed like a different way of solving the situation without me feeling bad about it.

One of the questions Rizor gave me was why I didn't mute the person myself, since I'm mini admin.
    And being mini admin, is exactly the reason why.
    This is one of the rules for mini admins.
    If i do not count as a full admin, and if I'm not even allowed to give permission to play music, then I don't see how I should be allowed to override a Junior Admin's decision.
    As far as I'm aware, Mini Admin's act when there is no actual admin present on the server.
    I did, however, make a remark in the chat during this situation when pAce asked why nobody was talking to him anymore.
    [​IMG]
    Which clearly shows how i felt about the situation.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. FiNN

FiNN Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Rizor@Rizor I dont know why you use recordings before i come on the server. How on earth should I have known what have been going on prior too me getting online server? You can see in the chat in the clip, that i first come online around 3min into the clip you have provided. So i cant be blamed for what happend in the timespan.

11. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @FiNN@FiNN

12. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @FiNN@FiNN
    1) I am not blaming anyone just to clarify this
    2) The first part was just regarding pace and doesn't involve you at all. It is clearly visible when you joined so no one will judge you for the timespan before that.
    3) Its after 1 minute and not 3 minutes as you said into the clip. So you are still responsible for 9 minutes of this footage.
    [​IMG]

I just provided this additional informations to show who was on the server during that time. Cause it wasn't visible in the original report. That's why I assumed Lelensko was doing the record because Miller wasnt even on the server. But Lelensko did already explained his point on this.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  13. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Some great stuff from you here.
    Let's get into it.
    You're not that oblivous to not realize that it obviously turned awry so this isn't even in the question.

You should really give some more effort into your admin report, there is never an excuse to not atleast try to explain yourself in somewhat proper english, but anyways this just disproves the point that pace was just joking around.
    He only got three days out of it so let's move onto something else.

It's good to see that you admit that you're obviously favoritzing your friend here. Moving on.

Then where was the warning to pace where you publicly condone his actions?
    Just gonna keep things behind a curtain, make sure he doesn't lose face in front of the players?
    This is straight up terrible practice and you should've stopped the situation before it got to that point.
    Does "gennerally joking" still hold up if you piss someone off to that point?

And I'm truly sure pace also got the message from previous incidents from what I heard.

Well shit, except for your buddy.

Nice one Confucius.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    A time now since I last saw pAce actually, but this wasn't surprising at all. What is surprising is the ridiculous amount of absurd free passes he's gotten due to "knowing" the right people. Basically this is always how the voice chat sounds if pAce is in there, I actually think three days is going easy on him compared to similiar cases, but that isn't relevant here... And honestly, most of the time it doesn't sound like joking at all. And while allowing this to happen is bad enough, laughing about it and joining in is just... Not okay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

When I've been in the server with the admins there, I've seen only 1 admin from Surf take some action in muting pAce. Everyone else lets it happen in general, sometimes for good to be honest.

"i was warning him, " Yep, I'm glad I started playing Surf, because now I can call people out. You never warn pAce. Every time he's in the server, shit talking people, he gets off. I admit to not caring much as another admin on a different server, but this is your crowd; not my problem. Some situations he calls out stupidity; which even I do sometimes. I can't blame a person for actions I do. However, I can say is for the other situations where he attacks people for their voice and such, I love watching you Surf admins because you guys all together don't do shit. I've asked some admins on surf too, and their responses are basically all the same. "Well, he's joking". So, when does it not become a joke, when someone other than the name "pAce", does it?

"But some people not knowing he is joking he might come across as a bully, and ofc. thats not okay, thats not how joking shoud be. " FiNN's response here points to a problem on surf in general. I feel right now that FINN should be given a light punishment. Because let's face it, none of the other admins do much to stop it either.

16. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    First I will respond to a few statements made here:
    I support this. Regardless of the situation right now this mindset is 100% correct. Other big communities like KSF aren't as strict with the rules as we INTEND to be and if someone comes from another community, let's be honest here, he won't be a good guy and read the rules on the new server but rather act like he was on the other servers. Since that is in his eyes fine since he never was stopped.

Well, agree to disagree. Partially, of course he should get a longer ban, but on the other hand: why stop what you're doing when none of the admins stop you? Aren't the admins supposed to keep order on the server? So if they don't stop you, how is it wrong what you're doing? Which is why we went a bit easy on pace. Of course, common sense and everything. But we decided to look at it this way and banned him for only 3 days.

Now, regarding the actual report. I'll just say this straight out, it will be accepted. How we are going to carry out the consequences or what they will be, is not yet decided. But this is a very similar case to swagbraham. Where a) he saw it as a joke and not intending to ruin someones actual day (whereas I am so sure if pace actually sees it in a joking way like you claimed, FiNN) and b) the admins just waved it off as one. I myself never witnessed pace this way myself, since I tend to be online at unusual times but if i would it would not have come this way. He seemingly knows when to hold back and when he can go all out. And we want to stop such behaviour which is why we need to set a staple and accept this report. Sorry it had to hit you, FiNN. I will talk about the consequences with n0name tomorrow and write another post when we decided. Until then I will keep this thread closed.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We came to the decision to suspend FiNN for a week. After we reviewed the video it was quite clear for us. From this point on we will not tolerate favourism or supporting breaking the rules anymore, at all. (Excluding giving permission e.g. to play music, of course.)
    Thank you for your report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.