[CS:GO] Store Beta (ended) / Improved Chat Handling!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by n0name, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Part 1 - Store
    After being announced some months ago, I am now proud to present to you the public Store beta!
    It is currently available on the Surf 1-3 server, and will be expanded to all our CS:GO servers (with some exceptions, see below) the next week - given everything runs smoothly.

Core features
    - Automatic earning of Store "credits" - once every minute, or one for every kill
    - Built-in trading/gifting system
    - Ability to refund bought items
    - Ability to buy items, see the spoilers below!
    - Donators receive all items for free while they have that status

Notes
    - You will not earn any points while being in spectator, this is to prevent excessive point farming
    - Once the system will be rolled out now rolled out- a AFK mover plugin will also be installed - not moving/doing anything for more than 5 minutes will get you moved to spectator
    - FFA (and for now, KZ) will not receive the Store system at all - first one is mainly a warm up server, latter one requires some extra plugin modifications
    - Trails have been left out (for now), as they are mainly annoying on Surf/Bhop and add (in my opinion) unnecessary downloads on other servers (such as ZE).
    If there is popular demand for them, I may consider adding some in the future.

Planned
    - Adding 1-2 buyable skins on surf/bhop (will cost around 2-3k credits) - suggestions welcome!
    - Make one zombie/human model restricted to the Store (please suggest which ones) - see https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/cs-go-store-public-beta-improved-chat-handling.13850/#post-96780 done
    - Add the ability to buy credits for real money - requires a own web page to be made, so will not happen that soon.

All prices can be viewed in the store menu itself.

Items
    Chat tags
    Available on: all servers
    Adds "custom" chat tags in front of your name - similar to the donator plugin, just with pre-defined tags.
    Equinox
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ex-Con
    [​IMG]
    Wannabe
    [​IMG]
    Pleb
    [​IMG]
    Potato
    [​IMG]
    Savage
    [​IMG]
    Hottie
    [​IMG]

Name colors
    Work the same as in the donator plugin
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    Available colors:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Message colors
    Same as name colors
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    Available colors:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Accessories (hats and face masks)
    Hats/masks will no longer be obtainable for free through !hats, but can be bought in the store.
    Actual hats (which are placed on your head):[​IMG]
    Available hats:
    [​IMG]

Face masks:
    [​IMG]
    Available masks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pets
    These are parented on your player model and follow you whereever you go.
    Example:
    [​IMG]

Available pets:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tracers
    Available on: ZE
    For each bullet shot, a line will be drawn in the direction the bullet went.
    Example:
    [​IMG]

Available tracers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Laser Sights
    Available on: ZE
    Similar to tracers, sights are simply lines drawn in the direction you are aiming while using a zoomed-in sniper rifle.
    Example:
    [​IMG]

Available sights:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grenade trails
    Available on: all servers where guns are available (ZE, Retakes)
    Draws a trail after each thrown grenade (flashbang, smokes, regular HE nades)
    Example: [​IMG]

Available trails:
    [​IMG]

Grenade skins
    Available on: all servers where guns are available (ZE, Retakes)
    Replaces the default grenade skins
    HE:
    [​IMG]

Flash:
    [​IMG]

Smoke:
    [​IMG]

Those are all items for now, new tracers/trails can be added easily, as long as they are using built-in CS:GO materials.
    If you also have any chat tag suggestions, please post them down below.

Part 2 - Improved chat message handling
    Alongside with the Store system, the entire way how chat messages are handled by our various plugins has been redone.
    Instead of each plugin rewriting the chat message on its own (in a global forward), a central plugin is now responsible for that.

This, for example, allows you to disable each chat "tag" (or plugin if you want) on its own.
    So if you want to show off your l33t Store tag, but are a donator, you can simply toggle off the latter one, and all your messages will have the Store tag!

For that, a new option has been added to the !settings command, called "Toggle chat tags":
    [​IMG]
    The example from above would work with the settings above. To toggle each setting, simply select it, just like in every other menu.
    Greyed-out items cannot be disabled and will be always on (Timer in this case).

Another option is the synchronization of the above settings, so you have the same state on all our CS:GO servers.
    With synchronization disabled, and toggling the "admin" tag on ZE, it would still be enabled on Surf.
    To have the same state everywhere, select "Synchronization options" in the "Toggle chat tags" menu, and click on "Enable".
    Upon selecting that item, the settings from the current server will be set to be global, so all per-server settings will be overriden (e.g. admin tag enabled on ZE, on surf disabled; toggle global on ZE => will be enabled globally).
    Menu:
    [​IMG]

Some examples:
    All enabled:
    [​IMG]
    Admin disabled:
    [​IMG]
    Donator disabled:
    [​IMG]

Last, but not least, a standalone plugin for handling admin tags has been implemented, therefore implementing a long wanted feature (@BurkHart@BurkHart / @Avaritia@Avaritia)
    Nothing more to add, they basically work the same as in TF2, by adding a tag in front of your name and changing your name/message color.

The following tags are available, JA/TA have to share a color, as CS:GO doesn't support RGB colors (yet):
    Code:
    Owner - {darkred}*Owner*{default}
    SM - {darkred}*SM*{default}
    SA - {blue}*SA*{default}
    JA - {yellow}*JA*{default}
    TA -{yellow}*TA*{default}

Your name color will in all cases be dark blue, doesn't matter which rank.

The second part is also only available on Surf 1-3 for now, and will be rolled out together with the Store next week.
    If there are any questions, feel free to ask! Especially the chat coordination system took a good while to make.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Dark Red

Dark Red MAH BOIS! Banned Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  3. Pleb (Legit af) ❌D

Pleb (Legit af) ❌D Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ofcourse Dark Red wants an goku model XD ;)

4. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Can't wait to see similiar stuff added to kz. Looks great so far especially the prefixes for chat and tags.
    Maybe add to the store to buy knives? Like 15k credits for a karambit model or something. And maybe gloves as well since I see them on more and more surf servers ;o

5. Dark Red

Dark Red MAH BOIS! Banned Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Valve bans server with that.

6. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    won't happen like this as it is forbidden by valve to hand out their (fake) skins.
    they blacklist/ban servers which offer !w(eapon)s(kin) !knife etc.

but we could use this plugin with our "own" skins which are not property of valve. but Im not exactly sure about that part. you gotta ask n0, for further information onto this.

anyways, tbh I dont like these custom skins and whatsoever on servers in general. maybe that's just me disliking it, dunno.

7. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright, didn't know. Own custom knives wouldn't be too bad either as well as gloves but I doubt this will get added anyways. Good to see some changes to the design, etc. at least o/

8. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  9. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It should be possible since sourcemod does support custom models and applying it on weapons given. Dunno myself how to apply "damage", propably a weapon attribute (at TF2 it is atleast).

10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Probably gonna add these as store-only models: http://gamebanana.com/skins/152563 (humans) / http://gamebanana.com/skins/144041 (humans) and http://gamebanana.com/skins/146879 (zombie) / http://gamebanana.com/skins/146584 (zombie)
    Also gonna remove police/female zombie, barely used skins and will reduce the downloads a bit.

@Jak@Jak http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/server_guidelines/
    While custom model + custom skin is apparently allowed, I don't really want to risk it - some people already got banned for that.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  11. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oki. Do you know if changing the gamefiles is a problem when joining community servers? Because then I might change them for myself.

12. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Great Job. I think these are great features for the surf servers :) sadly donator status + this benefits doesn't exist for kreedz yet ;(
    Definitely looking forward to it!

13. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I wish you could see your own gloves on FoG's kz server :/

14. Kami-senpai

Kami-senpai Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    add a "Pac-Man" Grenade skin :^)

Nice work man ;) btw unter notes 2cnd point the Ó shall be replaced with a normal O pls.

And for Trails:
    Is there any possibility of making them hideable? so if u dont want to see them u can disable them ? Like the !hide thing?

Also for Don: Dons can go in 3rd person, is all this stuff also applied if ur in 3rd person? Like the pet and hat stuff? Can u see them in 3rd Person?

15. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Dont think custom adds can be made- Don't know about that though.

There are no trails for surf. Many people asked for that not to happen and it wont happen. But yes they did hide when testing via !hide
    Some said it here
    https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/cs-go-planned-addition-of-a-store-shop-plugin.13506/
    (-> Read the comments)
    Some PMd me

You can see them yes. 3rd person isn't even required, just look at the top left or right.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  16. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The plugin seems to run smoothly on bhop.
    I'd like to make a few suggestions, or rather requests...
    • Is it possible to customize the cost for items? In my opinion they are set too low for bhop, I'd rather not see a clusterfuck of 10000 colours in the chat in 2 weeks.
    • Are credits shared with other servers/ server groups? If I earn points on bhop beginner, are they also on bhop donator? If not, that would be cool.
    Optionally a function for admins would be cool, where you can gift points to players (as rewards for races/challenges for example, also to award those who played their fair amount of time already).

17. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think this is easily abuseable so I'd rather not give that to all admins. Maybe VA and SM. (I had the perms and now they are gone :[ @n0name@n0name you could at least reward Venom for testing with you by giving him a couple thousands of points ;) )

18. Baiyan

Baiyan im so high Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Definitely with Yoda on this. There's way too many SA's for that to not be abused in one way or another, but would be a pretty cool thing for SM and VA.

19. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Of course you'd need to trust an admin enough to give out that permission. Since I'm going to apply as SM anyway I'm fine with Yoda's idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    a.) yes, the cost of items are customizable, but only across all servers.
    Currently, chat tags are between 380-800 credits, could maybe double that (so lowest would be ~750, highest 1600)
    b.) Credits are shared between all our CS:GO servers. Please keep in mind though that the entire system is disabled on Surf Donator/Expert, Bhop Donator/Test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.