Declined No crits in Jailbreak. (Both random crits and guard crits)

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by PiCKLE da Goldfish, Aug 9, 2018.

?

Should Crits (both random crits and guard crits) be removed from jailbreak?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2018.
  1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

72.7%
  3. Alternative solution

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiCKLE da Goldfish

PiCKLE da Goldfish Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Guards having crits makes it harder to rebel. That isn't a good thing. I've seen other threads on this topic and came to the conclusion that crits should just not be in jailbreak. For both reds and blus.
    So I will be writing my thoughts on crits.

Crits are there to keep reds from rebelling
    Actually, you can still kill rebellers without crits. The more you know. Just cause your complete trash at the game and can't stop a scout from running away doesn't mean you need 3 times the amount of damage you would normally have. This is the most common reason that people have for having crits in jailbreak. But the problem is it doesn't keep reds from rebelling, it makes it near impossible for reds to rebel unless the map is favored towards rebellers (e.g. Wildwest, horrible map).
    Guards are outnumbered
    This is another common reason in favor of crits. Guards are outnumbered so the rebellers can just bomb rush melee them. Honestly, if rebellers are able to bomb rush a blu and melee them to death then they deserve to die. It's not that hard to shoot someone who's coming at your direction with a melee, and the other blus should also be helping. The blus have the advantage since they have range. Unless you count the Sandman.
    Reds have random crits and could random crit you with their melee
    I personally think this is a very dumb reason in favor for crits but this problem could be solved by also disabling random crits (as mentioned in the title).
    There are rebellers every round
    Kinda shit reason but I have seen it somewhere so I will briefly talk about it. If there's a specific person who is constantly rebelling then you would learn to keep an eye on that individual. And plus it makes it so that guards actually have to think of how to stop the rebellers from rebelling next round. Wow, strategy!
    Crits discourage reds from rebelling
    No, not really. I think most rebellers would agree that crits don't discourage reds from rebelling but makes it harder. Which is kind of an understatement. I can somewhat see someone giving up because it's too hard to rebel but it certainly doesn't discourage rebelling.

All in all, the reason people don't want to get rid of crits for guards is that they most likely suck ass at the game and when they go blu they can't kill rebellers without needing crits.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Blus are outnumbered, if every red mass rebelled and got ammo it would be unfair. Also, if someone rebelled and while a blu was chasing them and a red meleed them in their back, I think it would be a fair kill if the blu flicked around and killed them. The most popular classes for blu are scout and sniper, which both have a very slow fire rate so even 2 reds can easily kill a blu even with crits. The crits are there to discourage you from rebelling and allows the round to go much more smoothly/quickly.

3. PiCKLE da Goldfish

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ummm, ok? Extremely unlikely that EVERY red will rebel but if it does happen I don't see what it will prove. That since blu doesn't have crits everyone can melee them to death and get ammo? The only times that every red will get ammo is if blu are just really bad at the game and can't aim. Also, the middle part is just confusing so I'm skipping that. About the two most popular classes being scout and sniper. That's mostly opinion. I actually think the two most popular classes are medic and heavy. While scout is a close third. "Slow fire rate" means nothing if the person is good at the game. Skilled snipers can do this thing called "headshots" that do 150 damage per hit. And scouts can do this tactic called "aiming" where they aim for a target and shoot at them. Crazy right!? I've added a section about crits discouraging rebellers.

4. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  5. The Acidic Ham Man

The Acidic Ham Man Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The crit adds the challenge for reds, and if people are discouraged by crits, people are more strategic and smart in terms of rebelling. Plus 3-4+ reds rushing at a blu without any crits is just gonna have the reds rush almost every round. Plus since the reds are PRISONERS, they should be less powerful than the GUARDS which try to keep the constant rushes from happening. Theres much else to be said that has either already been covered or just obvious, i guess

6. PiCKLE da Goldfish

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  7. PiCKLE da Goldfish

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Prisoners ARE less powerful than guards. They don't have ammo. Also, the crits don't add a challenge from my point of view. A blu scout with crits would beat a red scout without crits. I have played on jailbreak servers without crits and the reds never rush anyone. But let's say they did, Could the blus simply not shoot them? Or how about not get in their melee range? "If people are discouraged by crits, people are more strategic and smart in terms of rebelling." If blus don't have crits, blus are more strategic and smart in terms of dealing with rebellers.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Already suggested and denied multiple times.
    Our opinion on that matter hasn't changed, the vote is mostly negative as well.

Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.