Your FoG history

Discussion in 'General' started by Holoflash, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holoflash

Holoflash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey there,

I was wondering when did you guys join FoG? Also, how did you found the servers and what do you remember from the moment you joined?

I've joined FoG back in august 2011, when Norman Jayden roamed in 2fort, when that Sniper on Orange had a monsterscore (I cannot remember his name, he left when the issues with Punisher started). I've even been here with the shit that was called Punisher, and I even remember that little pest Speedy, with his 1000 admin commands a week xD

So, that's my story, what are yours?

2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think it actually were about ~1300 in 2 weeks, but it doesn't matter, he was abusing a LOT.
    My history should be pretty clear

3. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I joined back in 2011 when I was on the verses saxton hale server, when Doktor kengineer and lone gunner roamed and murdered everybody in site along with chickpoint, I was there for ages and played some of the other fog servers and had a lot of fun. I had played for a long time and got into the top 10 in ranks and was having tonnes of fun and when it went down I quit for some time and then when I returned I found out that we had a vsh server under a new name and then that failed then the next then were here again, sound familiar to anyone else? Anyway I can't remember meeting anyone really else on my first few days other than the 3 epic people I once looked up to. xD.

4. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

SynchronizedMurders [FoG] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hacked admin slot and ruled with an iron fist. Yes we know. Sorry

To be honest, I don't know. I joined by the time Fin became admin. I guess...

5. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i joined in the summer of 2011. when i asked my friend to find me a infinite ammo server back then lol

6. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Joined this year.
    When i joined a friend named; Zyddie, Kitten zoey´s boyfriend or what ever.
    I remember the first time someone said to me; Pls go out of idle´s you don´t have strange..
    Mr. Belette c: he is a friend of mine today.. We´ve both had our retarded sections etc.
    I liked the server alot, so that´s why i keep joining :p
    (Btw it´s achievement/idle.

7. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I actually found these servers by accident when I mistook the original FoG Vsh for another one, and after a while I got to know some people and then when I met Partyneer and a couple others I joined the forums.

Then once something happened involving some splinter fraction of FoG (The details I can't remember), I was invited by Partyneer to play against FoG in some scrim thing, but due to a mass falling out or something everyone in the cell I was part of got perma banned, including me even though I was indifferent about the whole thing.

So I tried get unbanned and one of the older admins let me back on (Forgot his name, probably a good guy) I later joined FoG as an admin, then Fanatix, then that Extreme networks thing and then this new version of FoG.

There's probably more to it but I can't remember.

8. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I was at ENW when both those shitty communities joined forces, but failed miserably.
    ENW bled out quickly and I joined the trade server as an admin. AND NOW I'M CYAN.

Cyan masterrace

9. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I got this curse when enw and fog tried it together. Ofcourse it failed, But we had a vsh server (spartan!?!?!?!)
    Now I still got the curse and still waiting for a cure.

10. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah, you forgot about beating me every day in vsh.

11. (CZ)Maone

(CZ)Maone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Huh, well..... I'm no Gandalf of this community, but meh

I joined after I had a long pause with steam, I basically didn't play anything for months, then just one day decided to try it again and because I love playing ctf I searched for ctf servers, FoG 2fort was the first thing that popped up and so I went there. I played there for a while, enjoyed it a lot, noticed the 'searching for admins' message, joined the forums, read the rules first ( naturally) got the required amount of time played, but my reason was too short and the entire community got butthurt at me about it which I didn't understand and felt offended.
    Took a while before n0name accepted it with 'well there is suddenly a spot now' , liar, you love me, admit it.

that's it

that's all

[​IMG]

12. Holoflash

Holoflash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wow, the infinite ammo, I remember that. Good ol' days...

13. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    inf ammo vsh i miss those good ol days @_@

14. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Rather early 2012, trade.

EDIT: I FUCKING FORGOT VSH COMPLETELY, I can't really remember much from then though.. anyone care to fill me in on that one?

After a year or two of not playing TF2 (because it was mostly just a side thing to HL2ep2 etc), I got into a good deal of servers and started getting interested in all the new stuff I'd gotten (I always wondered what the inventory bit was for during those early days ;').

So (after rimming FoG's VSH for a good long term) I step into FoG's trade server, probably after visiting a few others in the process and stuck around, learning stuff.

Literally just me, a fuck load of vintage items, my badge and that sexy gibus of mine.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    never forget

After that, just sorta played every day during the summer - got to know a few people, Mahoney kindly gave my poor ass that s.Machina and from that day on I just started learning more about trading etc.

So thanks Mahoney for the Machina, I did say I'd never trade it - and I've kept my word to that.

And thanks to you guys (and that n0 guy or whatever he is) for making such an awesome community.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  15. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Joined 2fort in february 2012 while searching for instant respawn servers, got to know a lot of people there, and to be honest, I only joined the forums to become an admin. I feel guilty.
    But now, awesome place with awesome people (no asslicking³) I found my place to become a shitposter on, but not an admin.

16. Jarza

Jarza Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't remember the exact date, but it was somewhere around summer 2012. Maybe a bit earlier.
    Twas' the age of the old mario_kart spawncamps and roofcamps.
    So I started playing on the mario_kart server and it pretty much became the only server I played on.

17. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Started playing on FoG servers in 2012 but joined the community 2013, because earlier I was a stupid little kiddo who didn't speak to anyone. When I got to know couple of ppl, namely Rainbow, Downy (I guess), Humen and the ppl in Achievement/Idle, I decided to join.

18. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Same with Fin I guess 2012, then I decided to piss off some admins and then join the community. :D
    I also found Trade when I was searching for some servers to scam kids, and some friends told me about it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  19. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't even know when I joined, but somewhere around 2011, when Puni was still there (God that guy was an idiot, hacking on his own server and then the other part). Back then, Mario_Kart was my favourite and it was nice, though sometimes hell because of the easy spawn/roofcamping. I applied for admin on there, got the rights and kicked some ass. I got through the ENW and Fanatix and there have been some silent parts in these years, but I've returned. And now I'm admin again on JailBreak. And still thanks for the Lo-Fi Longwave n0name :D Anyway, you can find me on jailbreak most of the times. Also, the hive365 community is quite fun. #ShamelessAdvertising They have an IRC channel on Quakenet: #hive365 and a teamspeak server (does FoG actually have a TS server?) Anyway, teamspeak can be quite chaotic and fun at the same time :) We should meet sometime on a TS server.

Anyway, Bunnie out!

20. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The time i joined, well that's ancient history.
    I learned playing on the vsh server and have been here since then.
    I wish we could get an inf ammo vsh server back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.