Implemented Why do we have Wolfenstein on Deathrun?

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Tri., Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, maybe it IS a stupid question, but I saw a few guys talking about it and a few friends of mine were actually asking me about the map.

Mostly, it is because the "No Nazi-Stuff Rule"

Wolfenstein contains Nazi-Stuff, a sidenote: The Originalversion of Wolfenstein is banned in Germany (as far I know)

Im just curious, dont we breake our own rule with that?

Maybe removing? Yes or no? I personally dont like to play there.. (yes, I know my personal thing doesnt really matter.)

Just clear me up or something

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Considering what Wolfenstein is based on; I think that anyone who knows it "knows what to expect" out of the map.

I'd not remove it unless there was a big request for it to begone.

3. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If it's like that, n0name shouldn't even have added that map, he saw pictures of it, even played on it with no comment. A guy who sticks with the law of Germany because he doesn't want to lose his server would automatically remove such a map after the notice of 1 picture of Hitler.

Also, Wolfenstein has a story, don't know what it is since I didn't play it, but I read something like a guy has to frustrate the plans of the nazis in Wolfenstein 3D. Isn't this why it's banned in germany? A deathrun map is a deathrun map, there are only 2 (kinda) offensive traps those are gas and a gibbet, so idk about that...

A lot of people have been raging about the map just being in overly advanced level. It's hard as fuck. And I have to agree on some traps like the triple hammer or the spikes, it's like the 2 doorways next to eachother in (for ex.) office, but 3 times. It is literally where usually 90% of the runners die. It's really painful to see all those ragequits due to the massacre every round. If I know it's that hard, i wouldn't even have suggested it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  4. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When the map was just added, I talked to noname about this matter.
    Back then he said that the community requested the map so why not give it a try. This was however back at the time it just have been added, I do not know how the big guy thinks about the map now.

If it is true, what sky said, and people tend to ragequited the server after they die from certain traps, then I suggest remove the map because full servers are always better.

5. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well you have to think that way: There are people who actually know the Game Wolfenstein and about the story ect.

But there are also people who dont know the game/the story, joining the server, "lolnazimapkthxbai"

Also, lets say, Sky, youre on the map, a guys sprays a swatstika next to a swatstika from the map, banning him wouldn't really look good, or am I wrong?

Dont get me wrong, I am (and others ) not like that I want that map off, I don't have a problem with leaving dr then

But, dont you think it looks a bit stupid (refering on our rules)

or, I am just stupid, but that's why I ask to me clear me up here

6. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    A little exaggeration, ragequits don't happen that often, but we can read some "WTF IS THIS MAP", "FUCK THIS" and "ITS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE" in the chat, and I see a bit more disconnect messages than on any other maps.

Idk who wouldn't know the game since it's pretty popular, but ok, I shut up, I'm not german and I don't know Germany and german people.
    I agree with ya.

My opinion is, I don't give a damn about the pictures, map and traps look well-made, I like it, I don't want it off. But if it's a serious thing, and germans can really be offended when they see a pic of hitler (and don't concentrate on the traps instead), then yeah, I guess I can say baibai.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, I wasn't that sure if I should add the map initially, so I gave it a try.
    Anyways, I have removed it for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.