Implemented VSH Ammo Pickups Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Jiggly, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiggly

Jiggly Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In VSH, I think ammo boxes should be non-interactable with every class except engineer. This is because all weapons have infinite ammo and only the engineers need it to construct buildings. If a class didn't have max ammo in a weapon even if it is endless (like pistols on scout may have 32 instead of 36 bullets) they can still pick up ammo packs which can steal an engineer's source of metal.

2. Enrimeus

Enrimeus alt_Human Member

I'd agree with this. I also think making it so an engineer can toggle an option to stop engineers taking metal from their dispensers (maybe make it like a VIP option for example). This would allow engineers to choose whether they want to privatise their dispenser metal or share it. Making these changes to ammo pickups and metal I think would be a good idea (I have seen a server do this dispenser thing so I know it is possible).

3. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seems good but spies would need metal too to refill their invis watch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Jiggly

Jiggly Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Enri Yes, such an plugin already exists and i'd support it
    @Fahly Guess it would be alright as they can only pick ammo up if they used some of the cloak meter, but also could potentially mean that spies abuse it to still grief the engineers, could use some thinking

5. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    One thing I think that could fix it without additional plugins is forcing each weapon to have their ammo > normal ammo + clip size. As of Flamethrowers, just set it to 225 since airblast, same with Minigun just for safety reasons. This should prevent additional pickup of ammo since it's ammo is already above it's normal amount.

EDIT:
    Forgot Backburners had additional cost, recommending 250 for FT then.

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Considering I don't really handle TF2 anymore, someone would have to implement it in the plugin, so I can upload it.
    Otherwise, I doubt this is going to happen.

7. Enrimeus

I'll work on getting it sorted.

8. Jiggly

Jiggly Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  10. Enrimeus

I've tried sorting this with Hanto but he has his own things to sort out. If we want all this coded, will have to go to @TheBluekr@TheBluekr I can link him the plugin I found for the dispenser metal stealing.

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seeing how Enri/Blue are no longer part of the staff/community, I have taken it upon myself to implement the two plugins:
    - Ammobox Limiter: based on the suggestion in the OP, blocks ammo box pick up for all classes except Engineer
    - Metal Steal: adds a toggleable option with the command !metalsteal, /metalsteal (silent, alias !metal, /metal). When toggled on, the plugin disallows all other engineers from taking metal from your dispenser (you will still receive it, obviously).
    When toggled off, it behaves as normal.
    As this plugin requires some vtable hooking (CObjectDispenser) and gamedata to work, it may not work properly until the next server restart (maybe a mapchange is enough as well).

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.