Implemented Update to the Jailbreak Rules and adding an updated map:

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Bunnie_Lord, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    These are suggestions, not yet approved!

Title says it all. New/updated rules:

1. DO not over speak an Admin, or a Warden. (Admins take priority over a Warden's conversation / orders)
    2. LRs Must be reasonable, and cannot force one group of people to be killed the next round. (Unless it is a selected class day)
    3. Redefine ghosting: Players who have died may not give away the location of others who are alive, no matter how unspecific.
    4. Sprays do not apply to a warden's orders
    5. Guards must listen to the warden. (Unless order is irrational)
    6. Guards may not camp Armory, Medic, Vents, or a room specifically made for the Blue team for more than 10 Seconds.
    7. Guards must stay near the warden, unless instructed to do so.
    8. Guards may not start games
    9. Guards must wait for an order to kill a prisoner unless said prisoner is blatantly rebelling.
    10. Guards may not stand right outside, or near, an area that could be considered a rebellious area. (Aside from a control room)
    11. Guards must provide a reason for killing a prisoner if asked, even if the warden has told them to kill said Prisoner.
    12. Guards may not enter a prisoner's cell unless the cell is big.
    13. All Guards must be willing to go Warden.
    14. Orders givin by Guards are not valid orders.
    15. Warden must give all orders properly.
    16. Wardens must refer to the opposite team as the proper name for the opposite team at that time. (Changing Beds to Reds, etc.) [In our case, Reds or Prisoners unless the name has been changed]
    17. Wardens MUST give 1 repeat SHOULD they be requested to do so.
    18. Wardens may kill a Freeday if the Freeday is harassing\blocking a Blue
    19. A Warden may only re-name the Prisoners ONCE per round.
    20. Reds are not allowed to enter Vents, or Armory, as this is considered rebelling. The same applies to the Medic Room, or a Control room to a game unless it is a passageway, but in this case you may only enter if the warden gives you permission to do so.
    21. Reds may not camp outside or near an entrance to Armory, Medic, or the Vents.
    22. Reds must always listen to the warden's orders, unless they are rebelling.
    23. Reds may only hit a guard if the guard approaches the Red, or if said Guard is preventing the Reds from advancing to their destination. (This only applies if a Guard is blocking an entrance way that can fit one person.)
    24. Reds may kill Guards should the Guard follow them into a Game.
    25. Reds may not camp unreachable areas.
    26. Reds must be AFK to ask for a repeat, and remain AFK for that repeat.
    27. Reds may not ask for a repeat after 5 seconds.
    28. Reds must use the plugin to ask for a repeat.
    29. Reds must be AFK Frozen when recieving LR, unless the warden says otherwise.
    30. Reds must complete a game without cheating if the warden says so. If they do not they can not receive LR, unless they were undetected.
    31. Reds may hit the Blue team for Game baiting IF the game is turned on.
    32. No more than 3 days with the same theme in a row

Criticize these changes and give VALID reasons to be implemented or not. I'll do the same below.

Next subject: There's an update available for the minecraft map made by JODC/DYNF (Jack Of Designs Community/Dynamic Fortress). The DYNF community has been set up by Jack (the creator of the plugin) and a few associates. I've played several sessions on their Jailbreak server and it's been fun. They're running (ofc) the latest developer build of Jailbreak, later more about that.

The updated map can be downloaded from here. It contains a larger area around the games itself (You can fully run around), it has a finished dodgeball and russian roulette. There are no longer glitch spots. The barrier to wipeout has been removed, etc etc.

Then the plugin updates (if n0name installs it):
    1. There's a request repeat functionality installed (sm_r, !r, /r)
    2. There is a fix for the freeday clients glitch
    3. There's a warden time lock system (If warden dies and nobody else goes warden after X timespan, the warden position is locked and the day will become a freeday)
    4. I will check what DYNF jailbreak has as LR's (20+), so maybe we can implement a few of them ourselves.
    5. The effects for rebels and freedays have/can be updated to be particle effects. (DYNF uses a glow for rebels and a sparkly sphere for freedays, It's fancy)
    What can be configured else:
    Automated anti-freekilling system. If a warden kills X players in Y timespan, after Z seconds he/she gets banned from guards for # minutes.

To clarify @Spartan@Spartan's point: I want the automated anti-freekilling system to have like 15-20 players in 30 seconds by 1 person. It's more for the mass freekillers. If possible, make it scale with the amount of players on red. (Freekillers can be pardoned by typing !pardon in the chat while the timer to ban them is running.)
    @n0name@n0name @Downy@Downy @Downie@Downie @chickpoint@chickpoint @DarkRegen@DarkRegen @Admio@Admio I want you all to notify the jailbreak players of this suggestion so they can comment on it as well. Also, bring up your own comments, as you are/should be active on Jailbreak.

Edit number 1:
    The warden can request friendly fire to be enabled. Any admins online can approve/deny this request. This is to keep f2ps from toggling friendly fire and killing everyone. This also clarifies why rule #1 is in these suggestions.

Edit number 2:
    I just played on another map which looked nice. Like minecraft, but themed with Peach Castle from Mario. A download link:
    http://files.f-o-g.eu/f6agee

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    My reasons for the rule changes:
    1. It's annoying if people talk over the warden while he's giving orders. It should be possible for wardens not to repeat themselves when giving orders.
    2. For example: I want all gibus wearing players to die next round. It's unreasonable, because some players don't have other hats available for them to wear, but still want to wear them. If it's a class specific day (which can be input from the LR system if possible), only then it's allowed to kill other classes.
    3. Just a new defenition to the old "No ghosting rule". Some people apparently don't know what it means.
    4. Example: You can't spray a yellow line on the floor and stand on that.
    5. This is to keep guards from doing random shit.
    6. No camping rule already in the rules, just an addition. (Except game control rooms)
    7. Should be obvious too, but (me included) sometimes do not do this. It's essential for the survival of the warden
    8. It's shitty if guards activate games without waiting for everyone to join/randomly hitting buttons
    9. Should keep people from freekilling
    10. So you can't take anyone down that just exited a rebellious area. Prisoners should have a fair chance to fight the guards/warden
    11. Preventing freekilling
    12. Can be considered baiting
    13. If not, it's shitty to have a team full of guards. If people really don't want to be warden, they must choose Red.
    14. A rule that we have already.
    15. You don't have to say "I order you...", however, you must be able to quickly understand an order, not create an entire background story behind it.
    16. So no more T's. If the prisoners name is changed, that is the new name to refer to.
    17. So you can be clear about what the warden said. As stated above, this should be implemented in the jailbreak plugin. Giving an order and repeating it directly after WITHOUT a request for repeat does NOT count as a repeat on request.
    18. It's annoying if a freeday keeps airblasting/blocking blues. It's ruining the round
    19. (sadly) no more "Reds you are now pokémon, reds you are now oranges, oranges you are now apples, Pokémon you are now oranges, apples you are now admins." shit (result of that was that reds were renamed to oranges).
    20. This should be obvious. Medic and Game Control Rooms are added because people can cheat/ruin rounds with this. Medic is useful on any round. If there's no warden, medic isn't allowed at all. Game control rooms should be obvious, because if Reds activate everything before the others have to do it, it's ruining a round, which isn't fun for anyone except the red doing it. I want this to Include Freedays as well.
    21. Reds are not allowed to camp so they can enter when a blue exits or rebel when a blue wants to enter. This gives blues a fair fight as well.
    22. AKA Listen to what the warden says unless you decide to go rogue.
    23. Baiting and obstructing the way to the goal the warden specified.
    24. Game baiting, gives the reds some meat to chew on while waiting for the opportunity.
    25. Don't camp spots other people can't get to. It's annoying and unfair, because, for example hide and seek, you cant get to the red as blue.
    26. This means you can't run around while asking for a repeat. You have to wait until the warden has explained again, THEN you are allowed to do as he says.
    27. Don't take a minute to ask for a repeat. 5 seconds is reasonable
    28. The plugin plays a sound and shows a notice to everyone.
    29. To prevent said Red to run off somewhere or backstab the warden while he/she is busy giving out LR
    30. Cheating isn't fun, but if the warden didn't say anything about it, feel free.
    31. Nearly the same as #24

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  3. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What if the warden kills most of the team because they all did not obey? Like a name change and all but 1 needed to be killed? They would get banned for it?

4. Admio

Admio Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Noice. Gotta learn this now.

5. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    TL;DR.

But god damn Bunnie, i love you. No homo.

It is a heck alot of rules, but i say to thee +1.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  6. Tomorsomething

Tomorsomething Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also, Hi Fiving should count as afk freeze since now it is a toggle taunt.

7. The12hunter21

The12hunter21 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    DO NOT ADD THE TRAIL EFFECT GOR FREEDAYERS/REBELERS!!! Keep it as it is please.
    I've been on thoose servers and they suck!

8. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hasn't been approved yet ;)

Ty, lub u 2

AFK freeze means no high fiving. Only if the warden gives permission to do so.

It's not a trail, it's a sphere of red particles. It's noticeable enough for blues. I'll make a screenshot of it soon to show what it's like.

9. Donald

Donald Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    didn't bother reading but u always do a goodjob and so i think u updated them well gj

10. The12hunter21

The12hunter21 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I know but the way it is now is perfect as it is pleade dont change that, it will be a giant hitback.

11. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also, is it possible to disable the cloaking features of spies.

12. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    n0:name can take care of that, however, it still is fun to keep it in there and kill the dumb people ^.^

13. Tomorsomething

Tomorsomething Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I dislike this, I used it on another JB server, and the warden got randomly guardbanned when nobody listened.

14. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When we set the player threshold to 15 players, there have to be at least 15 players on Red (and most of the time, blue will have at least 2 or 3 guards with that player amount).

15. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Can agree with most of them. Just rule #1 .
    It's part of the game that people talk over it. Let the warden just say that it's autorebel like some warden do, and then they can get killed.

Also maybe define afk freeze? Since I know admio find it hard to understand.

16. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    AFK Freeze/Freeze definition can be added to this
    And not talking over warden, what if blues keep talking over the warden. It's annoying to keep muting them.

17. Downie

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Warden tells them to don't. Otherwise he can shoot them.

18. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Mm, yeah, about that, I will add the following suggestion: Warden must request friendly fire to be enabled. Any admins online must give approval to this.

So it becomes harder for f2ps to just toggle ff and kill anyone. I'll edit the first post to add this.

19. Downie

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So you mean they can't use !wff?
    Would be kinda hard with Hungergames and Cellwars.

20. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    An admin has to give approval to the request before it is turned on. The last request hungergames however, doesn't need this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.