trade_rawr_fog

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Servers (archive)' started by xxsam, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello there.

I have been modifying the trade_rawr_v2_2 map that we use on Trade/Idle to make it more fun, more original, and more helpful. I will go through why I believe that we should use this map on our Trade/Idle server.

1) Different boss
    On v2_2, HHH spawns. This is good, but he doesn't attack much, stays in one spot, and is quite old. In my map, there is Monoculus instead (will be Merasmus as soon as someone somewhere figures out how to use him). The Monoculus moves about the map, but doesn't enter spawns or library. It spawns every 10 mins and gives the map something different.

2) Better texture choice
    I have changed some of the textures to make it less dull. Spawns look much brighter now with brightly colored floors, and the old metal texture has been changed with a more shiny silver-grey texture.

3) Sounds and atmospheric music
    There is buttons in an admin-only location which when pressed play either a short sound effect from the game or not-too-loud music. One of these buttons plays atmospheric music in the library only.

4) Admin skybox
    There is a little room (the same one with the aforementioned buttons) where admins can watch guard over the whole main part of the map.

5) General improvements
    The library and corridor joining to it has a nobuild area over it and a trigger which heals for 1000HP per/sec. This should cut down on library kills. There is also a button near the library which opens a somewhat-secret door and reveals a both-team resupply cabinet. Also, some more of the hat effects in library work now. And I put larger health packs ontop of library corridor. And outside of it.

I hope you see that this version of the map will be a great improvement to the server. I want new ideas and constructive criticism about the map, so please, comment away.

You may download the map from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88936556/trade_rawr_fog.bsp
    All custom files come packed in the .bsp

Screenshots:
    http://puu.sh/1Kn85
    http://puu.sh/1Kn9H
    http://puu.sh/1Knc2

2. A Smashing Gent

A Smashing Gent Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I like it...
    Is there a possibility for the admin room to watch the library?
    I don't know if monoculus is a good idea...

3. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Because of where the room is, there isn't really a way for it to watch the library too.

And Monoculus, well, it's more interesting than a stationary HHH.

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    HHH is also able to move, you just have to set Waypoints and then generate a .nav File.

5. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I know, but he dosen't on trade_rawr_v2_2 now does he. That's clearly what I'm talking about.

6. Sir Waffle II

Sir Waffle II Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I like it, and I think we shoud use it. But people might see it in the server list but connect to trade_rawr_v2_2 because they're familliar with that one. That way we might lose potential players. And Monoculos might be a bad idea since there is a reason why HHH is stationary and that's because people want to kill him easily and get the achievements. Also, how is the view from the admin room?

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It would be better if you name the map something like trade_rawr_v2_3 or so.

8. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To solve issue 1, rename the map to trade_rawr_v2_2_fix or something.
    About Monoculus, at this point the majority (not all, the majority) have the HHH achievements. Monoculus has an achievement for killing it, and people might want to get that. If they don't want to fight it, it is easy to run past it's rockets and into the library. Monoculus dies fairly quickly from 24 players all hitting it mind.
    The view from the admin room is good, both ends of the map are visible.

9. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well then, right click map, click Rename. Done.

10. Sir Waffle II

Sir Waffle II Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think more people would like to fight normaly rather than to kill Monoculous. But I might be wrong. And my question should have been: Can you see both spawns from the admin room? If not an idea would be to move it to the opposite side.

11. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You can see both spawns, but I'll probably put an adminbox on the other side anyway in a future version.

12. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    +1 it seems alot better and i think id much rather play on that map then the normal one,

13. Sir Waffle II

Sir Waffle II Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Bumpin dis.
    A sign in front of the library with the rules in there could be helpful.

14. Damiensdk

Damiensdk Banned

Yes please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.