Resolved Trade/Idle Server - Engineers able teleport Spies inside Spawn

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by Overcloked, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overcloked

Overcloked Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello FoG Community!

So recently when I went to the server my friend (his name will be anonymous because he didnt do anything bad) was able to build sentry,dispenser and teleporters.I ask him how did he do that and he told me that someone add it to the map and now engies are able to build anything at their spawn.It was kinda cool to have Dispensers or Sentries inside the map but the problem is that after some time some other players notice that and they find way to put enemy spies in the spawn.They build a tele entrance outside the spawn and an exit inside the spawn.This make me upset because the spies were coming constantly and I had to go pyro to burn them,but some spies manage to hide while I was pyrochecking and they were killing people inside the spawn.

Can you just dont let engies build teleporters inside the spawn?That could stop the spawncamping and they could just build a dispenser and a sentry.

Thanks for reading

2. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    How is that possible? Last time I was admin on Achi trying to get in the enemy spawn, the map instakilled me. So if the spies don't have godmode (._.) I think it's pretty much impossible to get in the enemy spawn. Or, back then a couple of months ago, but I don't think anything changed since then.

3. Overcloked

Overcloked Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But the Spies were able to get inside the spawn via the teleporters from the engies.And also I will try to find some proof screenshots to show you

4. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I just went on achi to try, you can't even build anything inside the spawn.
    Show me the screenies then.

5. Overcloked

Overcloked Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    At Achiev?You mean you went at achievment map?Its not happening in the achiv map but in the Trade/Idle Server.And also here is a proof of a engi who built a tele exit.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198113202237/screenshots/

check the one with the name Proof of Engie

6. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh. Okay. It really seemed like you're talking about achi.

.-.

7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ITs easy sky. be spy, use deadringer, go to tele while having deadringer up walk into spawn tadaa

8. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, I gotta tell a story about it.

A good while ago, it was possible on trade to build sentries etc in the spawn whole spawn aerea, without the possibility getting enemy spies into there (they'd get insta killed)

But some time ago, this changed

(Just to clarify, we used the buildings in the spawnarea for the "anti-spawncamp sentry" which was always placed at the wall where the snipers mostly stand)

I annoyed downy/downie with that, they thought noname changed something, I annoyed noname with that - he claimed he never changed something

Then two days ago I made noname testing arround, he ended up installing the spawnbuilding plugin from our jump server, but that is kinda buggy

it doesnt let you build the sentries in the area where the snipers are standing, it destroys the sentry once you pick it up and enemy spies arent getting killed anymore when taking the teleport into the spawn

I asked Downy and noname to fix, but they did not response.

15:25 - [FoG] n0:name: Downy is wirklich ich 2.0 geworden
    15:25 - [FoG] n0:name: der typ antwortet nicht einmal mehr

noname 2015

9. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    still cant build teles, and it instakills you even with dr
    dunno about trade tho
    it's shit anyway and this proves it c:

10. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There is a certain point within the spawn area, in which you do not get instakilled. Its a line basically. Its just after the health locker, you can even see the line when you look close enough, and the spawn area beyond that point which I like to call entrance gets you instakilled, however, once you passed the line and you are actually in the spawn area, where this giant window and the spawn point is located, the map doesn't instakill and you are free to move. This is true, and I have seen it myself yesterday.

440_screenshots_2015-05-25_00001.jpg Just to show you where the line is.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  11. Overcloked

Overcloked Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree with zefeel I actually also notice it once a spy was trying to get away while I was trying to burn him.So anyway the problem still exist and today when I log in in the server the shame things happened again,so is no:name gonna fix it?

12. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I can confirm this also, happened I accidently let once someone in because I forgot to destroy the entrace I had placed inside the spawn. The spy who got in had god mode on but luckily he wasn't really planning to do anything, later he joined conga party inside spawn :3

13. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have removed the plugin which allowed engis to build in the spawn area, should fix the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.