The Maturity of FoG

Discussion in 'General' started by Speedy, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedy

Speedy Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to discuss something today. So basically, on other forums that I've ever been on, it is never like FoG. Why? Because FoG is filled with people who cannot be nice to strangers / new people. Sure, maybe after some big amount of time playing, but if someone for example makes an admin report, everyone starts bitching about something like "grow up and don't cry like a baby". Is this the level of maturity on here?
    It's the same with judging here. People judge others without getting to know each other (Had it happen to me, people calling me thing before even meeting me - just because of my age). Admins should be helpful to others, and not call others crybabies, start calling people names, etc. It might be because this forum has only admins on it, because noone really seems to come on the forums just because of the reasons above, because other gaming server forums that I'm on have a lot of stuff happening there.
    Me personally can get angry too, but it's not only my fault, but also the way people act here. This isn't a complaint in any way, it's just some sort of reminder to make you think about it, because I think this forum needs this.
    Questions? Ask instead of jumping straight to a conclusion.

2. ㋛ Mahoney ㋛

㋛ Mahoney ㋛ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    well just to get it started i repeat what i told you about steam (btw isn't always neccessary to ask me 'bout steam about my opinion if you already made a thread. just saying :p) I can only speak for myself and since in my case it went pretty quick to get a (more or less) known member of the community I have to differ a litte. It's not the regular forum users fault that there are so few new members that actually post something. if they want they do, if they don't they won't. nothing we can do about it. most of them just introduce themselves and you never hear a word again. what keeps them from participate on the on or the other "let's talk bullshit"-threads we got? we don't o.o

3. Speedy

Speedy Member

True, but stuff like the admin reports don't get the nicest replies, and that might put them away from coming back here, if they think that's the way they're going to be treated

4. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    well lets just say about admin reports...
    people need to read the template it isn't there for nothing.
    admin's might respond kind of irritated because people seem to be unable to read.
    I know of myself that i can get quite irritated about people who ask a question i answered over and over.

5. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree with most of the above, Plus we could be worse, we're not at the levels of 4Chan/Spuf.
    Yet.

6. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Erm, stereotypical, if i re call my first time here, it was very VERY welcoming. I made friends with admins i forgot/didnt know quickly, and i felt like this was a caring community, yes sometimes admins dont give +1 and give a mean comment, but its meant to try tell you without bending the truth, just remember "life's harsh"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.