The current state of the movie industry

Discussion in 'Music, movie and TV' started by Wandolf, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've been wondering what your thoughts are on this, but in my opinion the movie industry is awful right now.
    The movies have started being bland, colorless, and plastic.
    It feels as if everyone involved in making the movie is more so focused on the movie being eye candy rather then having neat characters and an interesting and immersing story line.

Not to mention that I find 3D, 4D and all of these new gimmicks pointless, they don't bring anything to the experience other then charging you just a little bit more.

So, what's your thought about this?

2. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I rarely watch movies as a result.

The video game industry do a thing that no other industry does:

You cannot be bad at watching a movie.
    You cannot be bad at listening to an album.

But you can be bad at a video game, and the video game will punish you, and deny you access to the rest of the video game.

I could go on, but..

3. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Any industry that tries to limit their product so they can sell it at premium price is awefull.
    and yea hollywood is spending all it's money on copywright cases no wonder movies go bad.

4. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Dara O'Brian? I remember he said the exact same thing, but talked about how a book wouldn't suddenly quiz you on what happened in chapter 1.

But yeah most movies are too bland, it's got to the point where they're so easy to predict.

5. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It really depends on the Studios.
    Paramount-Micheal Bay
    Absolutly nothing worth watching and braindead,and they are trying to sell they're shit movies over in my country, (China) with SHINY EFFECTS and product placement.
    Also a lot of Studios seem to give a fuck when it comes to Source Material,most of them butcher it horribly or leave it in the dust,and when they don't do that they find another way to drive it into the ground. (Maze Runner,Avatar Last Airbender)
    And then we got the amazing movies.Fight Club,Dallas Buyers Club (Jared should have gotten that Oscar imo) and my favorite off all: LotR (Yeah Yeah I know,call me a nerd).
    And what else? Comedy.
    Comedic Films are overused and rarely we get something really funny.
    People seems to throw in a bunch of jokes and LOLS into movies recently,it isn't a bad thing but neither is it good,it's overused.(But it's hilarious.)
    There are some pretty decent ones though.Apparently we're also getting an actual DEADPOOL movie! With Ryan Renolds. Oh... . And it might be PG13. Oh... . Still.
    Overall it's dumb,nothing iconic or amazing.
    Meh,that was my way of how I think about it.

6. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @.Spchookwagon@.Spchookwagon old movies are good I agree, but the newer movies tend to be absolute shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  7. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @.Spchookwagon@.Spchookwagon I completely agree, Big Trouble in Little China, Warriors, Pulp Fiction and all of those old movies which are classified as "cheesy" had way more character and a much better story then today's movies.
    And what you said about comedies, I'd like to quote a friend of mine :"If you wanna go watch a comedy, watch a horror movie and if you wanna watch a horror movie, comedies are your best friend"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  8. Ixel

Ixel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I rarely find any movie these days that's worth watching. It's disappointing. Then again, I have a similar experience with TV (plenty of soaps and reality shows for example - but I won't go there).

9. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You've never been listening to an album and after four songs the album's gone "Dance, dance! Show me your dancing is good enough to merit this!"
    And then you dance and go "Is this good enough?" while the album goes "No!" and stops.

Pretty much yes, Dara.

10. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Dara O Brian on video games - YouTube for reference ;D

11. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Honestly there is only one movie I'm looking forward to and that's:

[​IMG]

(Not official poster)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.