Declined Suggestion For CSGO Servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Spartan, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This suggestion is one I have thought about for a while, when you join the server you have a little screen with a description about FoG and a few useful links and then the adverts.

I think it would be beneficial to have a bit about the rules with a prompt to open the rules page so that new players connecting are aware there are rules on the servers, many players say that they haven't read the rules due to the lack of prompts in game and that there is no rules page on connect so by implementing this it should get rid of some of those excuses and make the rules page well known to everyone by having it on the connect screen.

2. SilverSurferSteven

SilverSurferSteven Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Supporting this, think this will be a nice addition. Don't know how much work it will be, but if its possible it would help out.7

+1 from me :)

3. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This would definitely get rid of excuses.
    Sometimes people that I have seen on the server, pretty much every time I log in, don't even know the rules, nor realize that there are such things as admins that will punish you for breaking such rules.
    Would make my job easier and I wouldn't have to deal with the drama of gaging and muting people for arguing about it instead of making a report on the forums.

4. Kami-senpai

Kami-senpai Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    agreed with Miller here, for sure (if possible) a good improvement.

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Would only add this as a menu that pops up after you have clicked away the ad, as loading this beforehand isn't as easy (and if the player closes the panel before the ad loads, we don't get an impression).

6. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maybe it's possible to add a simple !rules plugin, that automatically opens the first time you connect? That would be easy to customize and you don't have to fuck around with html for the motd

7. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    !rules does already exist and it is also advertised in chat.

Won't change because such poeple would just click away what I call another annoying pop-up window. When joining a server without informing yourselve if some sort of rules apply to the servers it is pretty much your own fault.

Therefor no reason to argue with someone if he break the rules. Ignorance is not an excuse.

TL:DR:
    In my oppinion the !rules function is enough and as an admin you can tell them to re-read them. No reason to add another annoying pop-up window when connecting to the servers. I've seen other servers doing it as an automatic output in the console (advertised in the chat when connecting). This could be an alternative if you really think there should be some addition to the existing !rules command.

8. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree. People are bothered by everything popping up on their screens even if it is a mapvoting for example you see a lot of people just voting for the first map real quick to get rid of the voting. The console thing would be a nice feature and maybe even an easter egg in some way or another but it's definitly nothing necessary as of right now.

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, after reading Rizor's/Jak's reply and thinking about it a bit, I am going to deny this suggestion.
    The !rules command exist and is regularly announced via chat messages. If you can't be bothered to read them (or even use some common sense, such as not praising Hitler), that's your problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.