Declined suggestion for a small change

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Smile, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i would like to suggest to add the !ws and !knife plugins to the t1-3 server and bhop server in an attempt to boost the activity of the servers..u could add it for a test (couple weeks maybe) and see how it goes..t1-3 barely has over 20 players and bhop over 10 so i thought that by bringing back these 2 commands it would attract people (idk why is this happening but its true) and make the servers alive once again..

(sorry for any typos.im tired af and its 1 am -_-)

2. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    These commands were not removed because we wanted them gone, these commands were removed because volvo decided for some reason to no longer allow community servers to give players the aesthetics available on the market while playing on there.

EDIT; If I recall correctly that is. Please dont sue me.

3. Laos

Laos Expert Surfer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  4. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well Laos and Trisstar you both got your point they got removed because n0 had to remove them.
    But if you check ganetracker like the top 20 server use them and valve doesn't really care about it. If I'm right there is a way to "hide" this plugin. So you can still use them with some backdoors.

Currently it's on the ZE and it didn't worked.
    1v1 works just fine. I mean it could be worth a try even though I personally wouldn't use it on surf or bhop beause !disarm is just better.

Will be up to n0 and the SMs to decide if they want this back on their servers. Also once implemented the whine will be huge when it gets removed again. So this have to be considered. So a "testing" could go worse it has to be more like a clear yes/ no. Im personally against this plugin if it is not necessary. And at the moment I think it is not.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i know the reason why it got removes and i also know that around 500+ servers are using it without any problems..on 1v1 its there for a year and volvo hasnt done anything yet because they dont care about it..i just suggested to try it and see if there is any improvement on the servers activity

6. SpaveN

SpaveN Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Though this isn't completely true, Valve has struck down on multiple servers due to this. So in my opinion it's not worth the risk, as it might be risk-free to use for a while, but you can never know. I'd atleast never want to see it on 1-2, too much of a risk. But again, this suggestion was made for 1-3. But meh, if the decision was up to me I wouldn't take the risk.

7. ace

ace Legacy Management

I can only speak for BHop right now and I've seen many players joining and trying to use !ws and !knife after trying they leave.
    I think it would boost the activity on BHop a lot, although I'm against these plugins.

8. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Player Basis > personal preference.
    If you don't want to use it you don't have to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Any type of risk to get servers blacklisted isn't worth the extra 5 players though...

10. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Trisstar@Trisstar that is another thing I cant judge and I wont judge. Im just talking about preferences. I dont know how high the risk is of getting blacklisted but y.
    if risk > player basis dont do it. The decision if its to risky will be up to n0 only.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  11. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    the 1v1 server has it for a year now and its not blacklisted and is full most of the time..t1-2 has no problems because its full all time but t1-3 barely has over 20 ppl at a time in the day..thats why i said to test it if possible to see how it goes

12. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not going to add them to any other servers except ffa/am/ze.

The only servers where these plugins work is 1vs1, apart from that it doesn't make that much of a difference (FFA/ZE are still dead).
    Not worth the risk on those servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.