Declined Suggested improvements to FF2

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Enrimeus, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enrimeus

Enrimeus alt_Human Member

After playing for a little bit with friends on the FF2 server, I had some issues, I may add anything more I find. One issue has been discluded after mentioning to n0:name.

1: Due to sniper Kukris being no longer able to climb walls, they have no escape, not only that but HHH is unable to do so either. I say allow the wall climbing again to give snipers a chance to live and allow HHH to actually do more.

2: I'd say give some freedom like on the VSH server to reset queue points or disable becoming a hale. Not everyone enjoys being the Freak/Hale.

2-a: One more thing to that, disable picking a freak, some people can pick a freak that's OP or strong on the map. Make it fair with random choice, otherwise we can end up with the same hale every round.

3: When the administrator rages she does turn some people onto her team and revive some but I think the ability for those changed "minions" to have crits is too strong. Its not impossible to have the rage go usefully without the "minions" having crits.

Disagree with these changes? Please say why below (don't hold back on details).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I did mention in my suggestion about the boss selection and I'm going to quote it.
    To add more variation I would still consider possibly make it either donators or remove. But first I would like to see some nerfs on the boss side, compared to VSH the rages still have a lower damage which should be increased to match.

3. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well you are right that people might choose the same hale over and over again and this hale might be too strong for the players but i don't agree with your idea making it random.The reason why its because you might always get a hale that you don't know how to play or you don't want to play (example:for me the beep boy because his rage can only increase the teleport rate and he can only teleport) and until you get a good hale might pass hours.On the other hand you could add a feature that you can pick the same hale only once

4. Low Orbit Ion Cannon

Low Orbit Ion Cannon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1 is silly. Snipers aren't supposed to be Scouts or Soldiers, and just hitting a wall to climb it will merely delay your death by a few seconds against most bosses.
    2 is fine.
    2-a is eh. I personally like being able to pick your boss, because I'd rather not play HHH and try out the different bosses.
    3 is silly aswell. Without crits minions are literally bullet sponges that walk around with only melee weapons, waiting to get blow up or shot into pieces. If you let one of these come close to you, it's most likely your own fault.

I have some suggestions on my own, but I'll post them later. Don't have the time right now.

5. aaaa

aaaa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1. I will go with the same as admynco on this one, it would just delay the snipers death with a few seconds
    2. It would be quite neat to just be able to pick never be hale instead of having to manually go and reset your queue points so I agree with this one
    2-a. As you pointed out earlier "Not everyone enjoys being the Freak/Hale." same kinda goes here, not everyone enjoys randomly being a hale that they don't enjoy playing.
    3. I will go same as Admynco on this one aswell, removing crits from them would make them just walking free bonus points and thats not really the point of Hale's/Freak's rage.

6. Enrimeus

Enrimeus alt_Human Member

Don't forget this stops the HHH from being able to climb walls too, making him weaker, I understand the sniper but what about HHH?

7. Ducks Are People Too

Ducks Are People Too Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    FYI: You can reset your queue points by
    - /ff2
    - 4.Queue points
    - Then press 0 and it will ask if you want to reset

But a quick command would be nice

8. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    HHH can not hale jump also he need around 30 secs to teleport and he must find a way to get people that are on unreachable places for him.
    Also how does this stops HHH for climbing walls?

9. GoldenEngi™

GoldenEngi™ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah, number one i can understand. Without the snipers being able to wallclimb, it makes the class a bit pointless in my opinion, unless it's on a map with good hiding spots. Then again, i could just be saying that because that's all i do with Sniper on VSH or FF2.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Mostly agreeing with Admynco here, except 2) which is already possible (see Spartan's post).
    Marking as declined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.