Declined Stop timer on +left/+right

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Chefkoch JJ, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This mainly affects bhop and kz, possibly surf as well.
    I don't know much about strafecheats but I do know that the simpler ones make use of the aforementioned commands, spamming them + a/d to gain insane speeds without having to strafe at all.
    Stopping the timer on +left/+right input should be simple AND effective to shut down low budget cheaters that join frequently.

2. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I personally use +left and +right quite a lot in case of spins or me being too lazy to move the mouse for a second. (Yes even in Bhop)
    Good idea BUT cant support this idea really.

3. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Regarding surf, I don't think removing +right and +left would be wise, because I and even top surfers use it to be that little bit more smooth not just for spins as Yoda said, but that also. I suppose the removal of +right might be okay though, since 90% of spins on maps are left turning spins. Removing just +right could reduce strafe speed etc.

On mobile keep any grammar mistakes to yourself.

4. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    exactly.

hell no please not. I wasnt using turn binds for ages but I just started using them like 2months ago and I am literally only using the +right bind because Im way too dumb using the +left one.
    there are maybe only 5maps I've used the +left bind.

I definitely get the point of the thread but this has to be solved in another way imo :/

5. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I purposely only partly included surf.
    For bhop I know that pretty much all major servers have +left and +right disabled, for this precise reason. Sourcecode also has advanced anticheat, since their admin is the dude that developed all known bhopcheats himself..^^ But it's kinda hard to get in touch with them, let alone getting them to share their AC.
    My point stands, I fully think +left/+right should stop the timer.
    I'm not sure how the removal of only one of them would play out, I guess it's just as effective.

6. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I get your point. And if you say that big servers have the same system we should maybe follow the lead. (bhop only of course) Though are you sure that every map does not require a little turn help?
    How about we don't add the "pause when--" on the donator server? or for top 100?

7. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think there are 2 maps on the donator server where you could use +left to have a better chance, all other maps have turns of max. 720 degrees (which are also very wide and long so you can lift your mouse easily)
    I don't think limiting the pause feature to new users is a good idea, seeing as even one of the top 10 has been cheating lately. I can't possibly keep track of 100 players. Also I suspect another player of the top 10 to be cheating.

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Still not quite sure if I want to stop the entire timer session, or just block the keys (cheat won't work either way).
    This will also only be on Bhop, many Surf maps require those commands (for some insane spins).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Giovanni

Giovanni Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Don't block the keys, so you can still use +left to gain Speed in NoLimit style.

10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not going to implement, instead, added a heuristic anti-cheat to bhop (needs a bit of finetuning tho).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.