Rejected [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - Nightshade

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Nightshade, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightshade

Nightshade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Nightshade
    | steam3ID: [U:1:73226988]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:36613494
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033492716
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198033492716
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Nightshade
    When did it happen?
    27th of February, 2015
    What's the specified reason?Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I have been trading for 4 years. In that time I have been scammed multiple times. I never scammed anyone. This ban makes me a marked scammer on steamrep. I buy a lot of keys every week and unfortunately two of them turned out to be scammer alts. I always check steamrep but I didn't know there was a criteria and I had to check every website made on temfortress trading on this planet. I usually just check steamrep. By the way the third proof is of this guy - https://steamrep.com/?id=76561198117465417
    I found him on tf2trader unusual server. Checked his steamrep, he had 31 level steam account and exchanged unusuals. I don't know what else I can do. I know I have been careless and should have thoroughly checked for alt scammers. I was buying 200-400 keys every week so didn't get the time to take all precautions. I have made a point now to not buy more than 5 keys from anyone without enough rep on a reputable website. I think it is a bit unfair to become a scammer for trading with 2 alt accounts in 4 years of trading. I would really appreciate it if you kind sirs could help me resolve the issue as I consider my rep to be the most important thing in team fortress 2.

2. Bomber Rat

Bomber Rat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree that the Marco alt seemed a bit hard to detect with only an outpost ban, I think a downgrade to a caution would be appropriate here

3. Nightshade

Nightshade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have 1391 trades and its been very hard to detect these alt accounts. They craft badges and get steam level and have over 50 friends. I did not trade with these scammers directly. Please help me, I cannot trade anywhere.

4. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  5. Nightshade

Nightshade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Awesome trade.jpg
    I bought keys from the first one. I did not do any trade with the second one I think. I cannot find any trades with him in my history. I think I got confused when the outpost admin asked me and this guy was going to sell me keys but I didn't buy them in the end. Like I said sir I was buying 300-400 keys a week so I don't know. I have checked my history for all the days since he added me and I don't see any trade with him.

I would also like to mention the second one had a reputable account with a rep thread on tf2trader and he told me he uses another steam account to trade keys and then he added me from the second account whose link you have shown me and his backpack wasn't private then neither was his friend list 0.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  6. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What did you trade for the keys?

7. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also, how many times have you traded with awesome?

8. Nightshade

Nightshade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I traded with him twice and it was paypal money for keys. The third time I asked him where he gets his keys from and he was being suspicious so I deleted him.

9. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And can we have a screenshot of the second trade?

10. Nightshade

Nightshade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Awesome trade 2.png
    That is the second one

11. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Declining this appeal. The reasons are as follow:

1. You only removed https://steamrep.com/?id=76561198149585758 2 days after your appeal, it doesn't really add up with your story of how you got suspicious of him and deleted him due to that.
    2. You're clearly hiding things, you sent OP a third trade, that happened on the 8th of february. Which also pokes holes in your statement from earlier.
    3. You traded for money, and after your first warning, this means it warrants a full ban.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.