Implemented Specifically highlight No Nazism as a rule

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Pointy, Jul 14, 2015.

?

Implement

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey guys,

There have been a number of ban appeals lately complaining that they have been banned for Nazism or similar. After thoroughly checking over our server rules (http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/599-team-fortress-2-server-rules.html), it seems that the words "No Nazism" (and similar) don't show up. I generally put it under the no discrimination rule, but it may be advisable to specifically highlight this as many new players don't recognise it.

Thanks,
    Pointy

2. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It does fall under the "no discrimination" rule, if people don't get that, they deserve to be banned. Also, Nazism is something that people should know isn't allowed.

This rule is equally as needless as the proposed Lenny face rule.

3. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We shouldn't ban people for ignorance and stupidity.

I support Pointy with this. It's still a law and should/could be stated in the rules.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  4. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This, +1.

5. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I guess there's no reason not to do it, although I do think bans for stupidity are rightful in some cases.

For example, when someone thinks everyone on a tf2 server would like to see Hitler when they walk out of spawn.

6. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    "I did Nazi that coming"
    Had too.
    So sorry, but anyways this seems to me understandable when we have no discrimination, then again our playerbase uses any excuse they can use so I guess this one can pass.

7. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why SHOULDN'T you ban people for ignorance and stupidity? Aside from the fact there wouldn't be anyone left to play, but eitherway I think that sounds fantastic.
    As nazism obviously goes under the no discrimination-rule it also goes under german law. It should seriously be a no-brainer.
    Seriously.
    I don't think there's alot of people out there that actually say "faschistic" things and actually put their heart and soul into it, obviously, it's 99,9% children who think they look cool by writing alot of nazi-esque & horrible things, and for that alone they should be banned. It's not "ignorance". You can't be "ignorant" when it comes to harassment if they clearly know they're talking trash about someone else. Ban them. Why the hell not.
    This shouldn't even be a thread, everyone should know this. If the "new players" doesn't recognize harassment and discrimination I think they should be banned right the fuck away, this should in theory encourage them to do something worthwhile, for example, going to school. Again.
    Please be reasonable.
    please

8. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This should seriously be implemented.

9. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I cannot agree with this any more than I am agreeing now. Luckily this is part of the reason we got the "bans are on the discretion of admins" rule, to catch any and all edgy exceptions.

It shouldn't be, but it is because players blindly assume satirical nazism is okay "since it's not really nazism, right? cabaretiers can do it". I'd say it doesn't hurt us at all adding this to the rules, and it also prevents a lot of people dumbing down on 'it isnt in the rules'. Preventing stupidity is the best thing to do in all cases.

10. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I slightly disagree but I can acknowledge your point. Punishing stupidity would be my first goto option but I can see how that'd be a problem aswell.
    It pains me to see this, riff-raff, this, abysmal nitpicking be added to the rules. But I guess it's for the better.

EDIT: It SEVERELY hurts my soul to see one is required to sink so low as to recognize the cheeky little brats' point. When they absolutely have to be a pain in the ass and try to avoid rules like you speak of I don't see the value in having to even make a response and a countermeasure for that shitty behaviour.
    I'm just saying, have a good one

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  11. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've added it to the rules because of... yea... Kids...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.