Rejected Spartan, banning for without reason.

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by Darkregen, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello guys, today at 20:41 i got banned by spartan by the reason "Inappropriate Language"

Now, the only time i actually insulted someone was when i were being attacked by someone and i was defending myself. (Fortress of Gamers Statistics - Player Chat History) As you can see, if you combine this with MEH's chatlogs, he attacked me because i jokingly called someone "autistic" which as we all know is a global joke on the internet. I can look at my chatlogs, and clearly see that i was defending myself due to the sudden change in my chat, again you can combine this is MEH chatlogs to see that he started this.

As an old admin, spartan should be smart enough to see that i meant it as a joke, anybody should be able to see it, since its so obvious.

He could've asked me why i said it, instead of instantly checking my chatlogs when MEH got banned since MEH is licking litterally everyones ass if they are protecting them.

A little quote from Damien.
    Festive Darkregen: the fun thing about it is that the insults are jokes or me protecting myself.
    Damiensdk: That's fog though really
    Damiensdk: Admins can say shit to you
    Damiensdk: But if you even THINK about saying something back
    Damiensdk: Enjoy your ban fucker

I rest my case.

EDIT: Spartan also unbanned MEH and Sano, as the rules state. Admins arent allowed to remove other admins bans unless given permisson, which i highly doubt Spartan was given.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  2. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Didn't he add in his Unban Reason ( Sano Dash's Ban) that he has permission from noname?

3. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Then i would like to see the chat from spartan and noname where he was given permission. Though he still unbanned him because he thinks its the "right thing to do"

4. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It all depends on the morality of the admin what he/she considers to be "Inappropriate Language".
    Since I see this more of bickering between my cute little kittens I would warn/gag them.
    But since this is here :
    it falls within the rules.

5. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Indeed he can ban me for a reason that isnt stated in the rules, but as he actually stated a reason in the ban that is associated with the rules, and i were proctecting myself from someone calling me a fag. Then i think its acceptable.

6. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I had direct permission from noname to unban them, it is not a joke if they are feeling insulted and that is where you are wrong. Meh and Sano where actually horrified at some of your statements and that is just wrong, you are discriminating against Meh because he is autistic, the ban stays.

7. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Am i now being racist? Stop throwing insults like a two year old, and start working on some arguements. I didnt even call him autistic until he called me a fag, so from my point of view all i did was protecting myself.

8. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I read the server chat log and I must say not really worth banning for.
    If it happened in steam chat keep it in steam chat.

9. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Adding to this, Spartan changed my ban from 1 day to 1 week after i called him "autistic" here on the forums.

10. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If this is actually true, it's pretty sad.

Forum actions shouldn't be able to ban you on a server, unless it's a spambot and usually n0name bans those.

11. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This doesn't really belong to this thread, but I have a suggestion for you. What about you stop calling people autistic.

12. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It does apply, it mentions the ban in questioning.

As for the rest of this, stop being "edgy" and you wont get banned; some people don't agree with your humour (whether I find it funny or not), find your audience and stick with them.

1. Who knew Meh is autistic
    2. 'Horrified'? - wanna throw mortified and scarred in there for some more irrelevant drama?
    3. The extended ban from the forum post was pretty hilarious, but lets not get hasty with our ban hammers.

Oh god this is a wall of text.

TL;DR: Stop being wonderfully humorous around people who see words on a screen as an apparent threat to their very being.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  13. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I personally hate the fact that people are using autistic as an insult to others, what the hell is wrong with being autistic? Does it make you a lesser being? No. So WHEN it is used as an insult to someone who is autistic ON PURPOSE I really get annoyed.

Horrified was the correct word, you did not see their reactions to this and I will not explain it as it is not mine to tell.

I do not tolerate the use of "autistic" as an insult and I am sorry, but I find it just as bad as calling someone a Nazi. This is probably bias due to my personal experiences but "all bans are at the discretion of the admin" and I felt like this ban was just.

14. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just saying, you can only ban for actions that have occurred on the servers you administrate, if you wanted Dark banned for using 'autistic' as an insult, speak to a VA or n0name.

Also it's the internet, stop taking shitty insults like 'autistic' so seriously.

15. SirBobbyTheOwl

SirBobbyTheOwl Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    on one hand spartan perceives calling someone "autistic" is a ban offense and on the other hand darkregen states that he was joking

so here's what i think should be done, unban darkregen and add/edit a rule that specifies banning on "verbal abuse" I.E. "LOL STOOPID FAG GO KILL YOURSELF BEACH!" <---that is an obvious ban for verbal abuse, "lol what a retard" <---probably sarcasm, unless its is CLEARLY offending someone its a ban. then again its not easy to discern someone's intentions via text in a video-game or on the internet.

now then someone post something on the forums that does not involve "ban report666:Spartan did ____" or "i hate this server/community" or VIOLENT FLAME WARS , Thanks :)

16. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It did happen on a server I administrated. Then I did ask if I could extend it.

I am glad you guys all think the worst of me.

17. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, why exactly did you ask to extend it? From what I can get from this entire thread is that you banned Dark extra-hard because you felt personally offended.

Don't take me wrongly; it's absolutely not decent of Dark to call anyone autistic (especially at the rate of which it happens), but there are so many other insults people use wrongly. Why is "gay" an insult? Why is the n-word an insult? They're all terms for people in the end. Their sarcastic and non-realistic use makes them insults, not the meaning behind them.

18. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No extralong, he started insulting me after I had banned him.

It was originally 1 day. He then called me autistic and retarded, now yes it was on the forums but it was wrong to carry it on here and starting to insult me showed me that he needed a longer ban to calm down and see he had done wrong because if he was going to just continue and now attack me it was obvious that he did not care about his actions.

19. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Spartan@Spartan, you're an admin, you can't let others piss you off this much. Yes, Dark is being immature, but you have to be the bigger man and cast it aside. Prolonging a ban based off of Dark's actions on the forums was the wrong thing to do. Remember, you're a role model of the community, people look up to you, and doing things like this makes you look like a tool.

And @DarkRegen@DarkRegen, tone it down a few notches, will you? You're being too edgy and it's gonna catch up with you sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  20. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There is always something that pisses everyone off, no matter how hard you try there will be at least one thing that will piss someone off. This is my main one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.