1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Declined [Spartan] Application

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Spartan, Jun 16, 2017.

?

Would you like to see him/her as an admin?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2017.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan VIP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep SourceBans gameMe
    Your name
    Jordan Boothby

Date of birth
    18/09/1998

Which languages do you speak?
    English

In which timezone do you live?
    GMT

Steam Community URL

Your gameMe page

Your total playtime on the applied server(s)
    12 days 22:25:16 hours (And an extra 100 days across all the servers)

Server(s) you wish to be admin on
    CSGO - Surf Beginner [Tier 1-2 | Timer | Ranks] :: F-o-G.eu

If you already have experience, which plugin were you using?
    SourceMod

Adding to the question above, which community were you admin for?
    This one

Tell us why you're applying
    Well here we are again.
    For those who do not know me, although I am sure most of you do, I am Jordan, 18 years old and I come from England. I have been part of this community from near the start, originally playing in 2010/11, since then I have only played on FoG servers when it comes to TF2 or CS:GO.

I have had a fair share of issues along the way, mainly due to how I was an admin, I firstly used some commands with a bit too much enthusiasm in some instances and also banned slightly harshly, to top this off, when I resigned I further ruined my reputation as after many years I told the community I lied about my age (I said I was born in 94 rather than 98), which I should have made public sooner, rather at the time I left.

So, why should I be admin now? In the following application, I would hope to change some of your minds and say why it is I think I should be given a second chance to become an admin again.

The first and foremost reason is the current lack of admins, whilst having the abundance of mini-admins, what I mean by this is that I have witnessed mini-admins being powerless to deal with some situations as they cannot ban, and have to turn to mute for a long period of time. Therefore, I feel like I would be able to help and ban those who are being racist or inciting Nazism who would get away with it.

I would like to think that I have improved myself a lot since my last application, fully becoming part of the community and actively playing every day. I feel like I am well known by every regular on the server, by all the mini-admins and admins and have really integrated in this community. It is because of this fact that I am always on each day, to keep talking to the regulars I have met and to try further my skills at surfing. During this time, I feel like I witness a great deal of rule breaking meaning that I would be able to effectively warn and punish these rule breakers, simply when I am just on the server to have fun and talk.

Overall, I find the server to be a great way in which to talk to people whilst also trying to relax through surf and over the last 6 months since my previous admin application have become a fully integrated member of the server and find myself always playing on the server, therefore by becoming admin I would be able to help improve the atmosphere whilst just enjoying my evenings with the community.

EDIT: Some people think this makes me untrustworthy now, and rightfully so, I did break the trust people had in me,and it does mean that I could be lying at any other point, but all I can simply do is say, I haven't lied about myself apart from my age whilst in this community, all I can do is say I care about the server and put out my offer to help, it is your choice to give me this second chance or not, all I can do is hope to be able to help out again.

I would like to point out, a lot of the time I have people comment saying that I used to be very abusive etc, I would like to point out if you were to look at my time as JB admin, and my time as orange and VSH, they had no real issues with any sort of abuse of commands, I used my commands a bit more on servers like Achi Idle or JB just like the trade admins also used their commands in a similar manner, I would like to say that I know that I shouldn't have used them all as much as I did, but I never tried to ruin anyone's gameplay with them and I wont do this again.

Thank you for reading my application and I hope I have made some of you reconsider,
    Spartan.

Just to make aware I have started working meaning that I will only be on from 7pm now and I will also be inactive mostly in august

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Avaritia

Avaritia Absolute Savagery Moderator Creative Team Server Helper VIP

Steam:
    I'm just gonna point out that I won't decide the outcome of this app seeing that I really can't act neutrally anymore. You have proven to be a hypocrite and a chronic liar. You were turned down on previous apps a lot and you never changed or just acted like you did. I never held that against you or disliked you for it but the fact that after your last app you said "I will stay on the server anyway, if accepted or not." and literally disappeared half a week after being declined it just flipped that one switch for me. I can't understand that some people still support you. You come off as so very powerhungry. You lie yourself pretty (e.g. age) and so many people buy it. Your activity and daily activity was present too at the time of your last app. Just it didn't really hold up after you got declined. I can't and won't just stand by and accept your statements and allegations. On previous apps (https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/spartan-application.13636/) many rather negative things were already pointed out (in addition to that you were also having a, in my eyes, very childish fight with "Arccadian") if you have fixed said issues or not, I don't know. I do have to admit I havent found any time or energy to connect to the servers the past months.
    If you do happen to get hired I just have to accept it. But, sorry, you won't have my support here or ever again.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Spartan

Spartan VIP Member

Steam:
    I would love to clearly review this statement atleast,
    I have said that I have played since that day, I had a four week period in which the league season came out and I played that, which K1ng can confirm it was not because I left surf, it was simply I was playing another game,
    I am saddened that you think I am a chronic liar, I would not think that I lie all the time for no reason,

I had this conversation with you before and I did want to become a mini admin rather than do this, however I feel the server doesnt need more mini admins, I'd much rather help the server rather than sidelining and not being able to do anything, and that is my own opinion.

I really do not know how it is I can make it up with you, I have tried listening to your suggestions, alas we do not see eachother enough to really talk or comes to grips with it. I feel like I have changed, I am not the same person I was when I used to be admin, yes I did have that childish fight with arccadian, but we fixed that a long time ago and it is in the past, it was more to do with what happened outside fog and it boiled up, which can happen with certain people.

All I can do is try my best, I play the server every day with love for the community on surf, I stay there because I enjoy talking to the players, I am here to stay, even If there are gaps in my activity. I do seem a bit power hungry, sure I feel like I can do something, so why should I not do it, I am there a lot of the time so why am I not helping out.

Sorry again for any offence, or negative opinions I have caused you.

4. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Senior Server Admin VIP

Steam:
    Weren't you the one that was like 3 years older than 1 year younger or older in like 2 different applications?

I respect your work for reporting, but this community got lied to on multiple occasions by you. To say you won't lie again, seems like another lie to us.

I don't want you to reply to me. Simply pointing out you lost a shit ton of trust amongst people.

5. K1ng

K1ng VIP Member

Steam:
    Here we go again.
    With Spartan trying again to get admin once again.

My opinion is that he deserves at least a chance. It has been 6 months. SIX MONTHS! People change, of course they do look at our dear server managers who no longer have the time, motivation or energy to join the surf servers. This is a clear reason for how people change.

Second thing is that this whole commotion about him lying about his age. This happened years ago. Before most of our server management were even part of this community. You may of felt betrayed or angry but seriously it is childish to hold a grudge just because he lied about his age. With also the nature of the lie in my opinion being harmless and beneficial for the community. What malicious reason would he have for lying? There most likely isn't one. He lied about his age to help the community and improve the quality of FoG, I don't think that is morally wrong.

Now this is just shows me how immature some of the management is. Pathological lying is a disorder not a characteristic. This is an unfair and offensive statement.

This is my fault. Many know I have a close relationship to Spartan, and he introduced me to league of legends 4 years ago as school friends. Therefore i force him to play sometimes. Making him play the new season that came out, by coincidence,straight after he got declined. This was something he enjoyed and I think its out of line to judge his playtime and passion for surfing solely on this one time.

Spartan would be a grate addition, and may i say someone who will indefinitely always stay here in this community unlike some who practically don't interact with the servers they manage. Objectively there is nothing that should say that spartan should not become an admin. But people have opinions and get misguided by different people.

(Side note= I realise this is not my place to say due to inactivity and leaving the community, but i think that i have the same stance on the surf 1-2 server with Avaritia only have 7 more sessions since i quit. http://stats.f-o-g.eu/playerinfo/1765592<Yoda's http://stats.f-o-g.eu/playerinfo/2292606<Mine)

[second side note, I don't mean to be offensive in anyway to Yoda I just think that its unfair to carry on with this hate to spartan. Hope we can still be friends Yoda (we should catch up some time soon)]

6. Arccadian

Arccadian Member

Steam:
    I have not posted here in a very long time nor am part of the community anymore, however, I would like to point out to avaritia that Spartan and I have made up and I have seen a change in his attitudes. I have not been on the surf server for months so cannot say how these attitudes have been reflected in the community yet have seen a change in him to be more respectful of others and more mature. Hope this has helped.

7. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Senior Server Admin VIP

Steam:
    Going to quote Starfish on one of Spartan's last applications:
    "If you really think lying for 5 years straight is not gonna affect anything, then you are strongly mistaken."

Starfish made a great point that sticks today. If rule breaking is something you were going to stop, you shouldn't have lied in the first place. Saying "years ago", when clearly he lied for "years", will not help. I believe in second chances, but the community put so must trust into you for years, and you lied to us for years. This is why I must say to anyone who is going to say he deserves a second chance should really do their own research.

Our management is there for a reason @K1ng@K1ng , over 3/4 of our management has been here since that time. "most of our server management were even part of this community", you should do your research my man, Yoda is the only one who probably wouldn't have been there for the good part of the time.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  8. Avaritia

Avaritia Absolute Savagery Moderator Creative Team Server Helper VIP

Steam:
    I usually wouldnt reply but I don't really want false accusations to be left standing in the room. First of all I'd like to point out that even when I'm spending 4-7h a day studying (if you would turn up on discord you'd know :L) I still take care of the server a lot. I do activity checks, I recruit staff, etc. But this doesnt matter because people don't see that I am still, despite the next to my name on the admin list, doing something for/ caring about the servers and community. Y'see I don't just make empty accusations, I have my eyes and ears everywhere and know when an admin is misbehaving. Just as much applicants otherwise it'd just make me a hypocrite.
    The thing is he lied and then the abuse story surfaced. So I dont really see the background you see to this.

I don't see the immaturity here. This is a fact or in the best case scenario, was one. Nevertheless nothing immature here, just you accusing and throwing empty insults at me.

I will (intend) not to reply here any further, feel free to take this into PMs (dont you dare over snapchat :L)

9. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Server Helper Member

Steam:
    Spartan has a +1 from me. The recent times I've connected(which is not many, granted) however every time I've connected he's been chatting with the community and engrossing himself with it, sure he's done lots of stupid shit in the past but I think he deserves another chance. In addition I feel like he's getting shit on for NEAR to no reason, and I don't see how that adds to the matter at hand. If this application gets accepted, I'll personally look through all of his admin logs/ chat on a daily basis if that makes everyone feel better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Trisstar

Trisstar VIP Member

Steam:
    Okay, so everyones (read noones) favourite lurker is here. While I just died on the server activity and stopped posting here as well, I have (for some reason) still checked the forums for the most part and seen all the shitstorms that have went down atleast since I first joined. And while reading the (way to many, jesus christ Jordan...) previous apps that Spartan has done I have to say that they counted more towards the -1 side and I 100% understand all the negative feedback and -1's. I was gona stay neutral after playing with you for the last week or so where you've been mature and friendly on the server but also considering you always seem both immature and hot headed in arguments and act way to fast for your own good. BUT then Nick comes in and saves that day saying he will monitor it daily, which I just see then as surf servers actually get to have an active admin on them.

+1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. FiNN

FiNN Senior Server Admin VIP

Steam:
    I have been playing on the surf server for a vile now, and Spartan is allways very active and helpful on the server. He is allways very kind and friendly to anyone and he is known for that on the server. I definitely think he deserves a another chance, also considering how active he have been on this community for many years.
    - I just thought i would share my opinion, to put light on how i find Spartan as a person and member on this community.:)

12. HaydenTDV

HaydenTDV Member

Steam:
    I recall that a previous admin under the name of Icarus had a similar situation where he would lie about his age. All was smooth until his confession. Didn't really do my homework whether Spartan confessed or was caught lying but if I were to guess it's probably option B. Personally I wouldn't regard this as something that is of much importance. Simply because of the fact that he's a well-known member of the community, a very active one at that and is also not hesitant to give his say in whatever the matter. Sure he lied about his age, but is this really a legitimate reason to not think this through and actually bother to admire his commitment to refining the community's well being, whilst making a change in attitude - something I've personally gone through and I'll tell you that it is NOT an easy task. I'll be staying neutral, since I don't play on the CS servers (despite owning the game ._.) On another note.. It really bugs me how statements coming from the closest thing to founder-tier members are taken under consideration, regardless of side ones coming from plain members, resulting in decision making that is formed in favor of contributions to such decision, which is not always the right one. On second thought I WOULD vote +1 (seeing as Spartan's stereotypical profile picture gives me the impression of ex-TF2 server admin) but I won't(not a cs player blablabla)All in all If you were to not oblige in giving a second(?) chance
    (*once again i didn't do my homework don't know whether he had his fair share of opportunities given**) I suggest present admins who have a history of lying about their age have their perms revoked.

13. K1ng

K1ng VIP Member

Steam:
    Okay so i feel obliged to answer back as i feel that i have offended some people that i did not mean to. I am sorry if i did so. Therefore i will try my hardest to clear up any misunderstandings on my view point and my knowledge.

I'm not strongly mistaken because i in no way think that its not going to affect anything. This is common sense. However i can see why you would think that i was trying to sugar coat everything bad he has done in the past. I strongly agree that his wrong doings in the past should be taken into consideration, however just like with everything in this world, mistakes make people and they learn from them.

The fact that you didn't think i did my research sadens me a little. I may of not been a active/high-up/admin/communicated much within the server but i have been playing with spartan since 2012 when he joined the community here and there. Therefore i have come across people and talked to them. I have been here since the lie started and think that i have my fair amount of research. I would also like to point out my relationship to Jordan. I have known him for almost 16 years. Throughout these years being close friends, we would argue all the time, have fights (physically and verbally) and hate each other for periods of time normally lasting from 10 hrs to one week. I know Jordan more than probably any person in the entire of FoG. (Unless his Dad is secretly in here somewhere, which would be funny xD)

Again with the research, it hurts man. It really does. I meant the surf management due to how this application is about surfing and not tf2. I don't mean this to be offensive, but if it is please tell me why.

Neither do i want powerful people swaying applications with their comments on them.

Of course these were not empty accusations, i believe i neither said or accused you of making them. I used your playtime on the surf servers as a way to legitimise my answer due to me not having much ground to talk on. And i also have my 'eyes and ears everywhere'. I still communicate with people that surf and have a general idea of what is going on. Maybe not as often or as many as you but i still have some relevant knowledge of how the server is going.

If he made one person have a good time while being connected to a FoG server then he did a good job. Obviously this would mean nothing if he made peoples time on the servers un-enjoyable more so than helping people have a good time. But i believe that he did make more people enjoy their time then people he didn't.

The fact that you still think that Jordan was a pathological lair shows how much you know him. He may have lied on several occasions, but this still doesn't make him a pathological lair. Everyone obviously lies and you are focusing on this times he has lied without taking into the many accounts that he hasn't lied. I would like to retract my statement from being immature to being un-aware or some word definitions that they throw out
    without knowledge of the meaning and implications to how someone might react upon hearing this.

+1

TLDR: The rest above is just responding below is important, again sorry for the long post
    From this statement i see no reason to decline the application as this will show us all the hard evidence if he will be a good admin or not and if he is not we can banish him from the lands of FoG for ever and never have to deal with another application again. Please reconsider your decision and take into consideration that this application will continue to keep happening and we will never reach a conclusion until we actually give him a chance.

If you have made it down this far, i congratulate you for listening to this boring reply, so i give you a cute anime gif to ease you're heart :D.
    [​IMG]

If you have anything you disagree on please reply and i will answer within 24 hrs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. Arccadian

Arccadian Member

Steam:
    I will stay neutral due to not playing on the surf server but I would recommend Venom's suggestion as a compromise to negative comments I have seen in this thread. Spartan clearly has motivation as evident with his other posts and interactions with the community. I can't see any harm in having him as an admin as he is constantly on the server (Very high playtime) and with Venom checking his chat and logs he can be revoked if he has not changed and is still abusive with his powers or lying. I don't know whether people like him in the community but judging of comments I have seen in this thread he is a very active member of the surf server and interacts with the community on a day to day basis.
    TLDR: Think he should be given a chance if he has changed since my previous posts on his past applications.
    However, I can't judge whether he has changed for the better due to not playing on the surf servers anymore.

15. Admynco

Admynco VIP Member

Steam:
    Yes, people change.
    Yes, the cashier who got caught stealing from the place he works at will probably not do the same mistake again in the future.
    But will he get employed at the same place again? Probably not.

-1 from me because I don't see a reason why, after multiple chances and attempts at applying, you should be accepted, when you've blatantly lied and abused your powers in the past.

• Like x 7
    • Creative x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. ✪ Swagbraham Lincoln

✪ Swagbraham Lincoln VIP Member

Steam:
    I can't stay neutral here for 2 reasons

1st of all I do not like Spartans behaviour (nothing personal)
    2nd the server DESPERATELY needs an admin who is active, since spaven hasn't been on for quite a while and lelensko resigned.

the reason why I do like Spartan to become an admin is, that he's very helpful and nice (honest or not) to people on the server. He knows the rules and a lot of stuff around the community asw3ll, be it good or bad.

personally I don't care about his past and I know he looks very powerhungry but he deserves a chance.

said a guy from the community

17. Starfish

Starfish Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    This feels more like a charity than an application.
    The only reason your application has a small chance of being accepted is because Nick will check your logs, this is an unreasonable advantage other applicants would never receive. I sure as hell don't think you deserve it.

Also don't use so many commas, it's unnecessary.

18. n0name

n0name Founder VIP

Steam:
    Under Review.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. n0name

n0name Founder VIP

Steam:
    Unfortunately, I have decided to deny your application again.
    While the votes are pretty much 50/50, I don't feel like you should be admin again, considering your actions in the past.

Honestly, I would not recommend you applying in the near future again (that is, at least 12 months).
    Locked.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.