Implemented Some stuff.

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Tri., Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yea, well. Pudge and me are actually trying to collect some cool ideas (donator perks, general ideas)

We would like to suggest animated trails to be added as donator features. Reason: why not, it looks fancy, donors have more to enjoy that way. (This would possibly work out for: all the idle servers, jump, surf.. ?)

We also talked about a plugin for fake bhops, while I am not sure if it is possible, you'd have to implement in a way so the user is forced to get the default gravity when using the command (real default gravity, not the trade /unu default one)

A general idea would be something like a randomizer system which gives away xamount of AP's every few hours/days whatever to xperson on xserver (not sure if you'd do that, but I saw something similar on other servers.)

Also you might wanna fix !giftap
    Pudge told me it doesn't work

We'll also think about other possible donator perks so this thread might get updated from time to time.

@Pudgey@Pudgey and Tri out.

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Pudgey

Pudgey Shinji did nothing wrong Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well yes, the !giftap command only works around map changes on Jailbreak I was told about, so a fix for that would be nice (As a VIP I dont need my points and would be better off giving them to a friend).

Starfish has mentioned before that the current donator benefits are rather low so these are just a few ideas. Other communities such as Skial or Panda appear to have a few benefits which FoG doesnt have such as http://puu.sh/nk2iP/42d3cf8e2c.png although the scout speed might anger a few of the non-donators, even so we have to somehow get hold of the plugins or whatever for these perks.

If you have any other ideas for donator perks it'd be nice to hear them.

3. Low Orbit Ion Cannon

Low Orbit Ion Cannon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Some ideas and recommendations.

Jailbreak
    - Maybe only small body size modifiers such as +10% / +25% on head and hands (not torso as it'd possibly give an unfair advantage, maybe not even hands as the increased weapon size might confuse players)
    - Being able to call votes (or maybe implement this in general as it'd be pretty useful for some games)
    - Definitely not the scout speed mentioned in Pudgeys post. People would probably be pretty mad about a heavy with scout speed in hungergames or similar things happening.
    - Show a message on the screen like the ones that appear randomly (with a cooldown of like 10 minutes so that people don't spam your screen with messages)

Idle, Trade
    - Definitely the /gimme command, but only normal weapons (stole this from Pudgey).
    - If the map allows it, a !skybox command to teleport yourself to the Skybox (if this isn't already implemented)
    - Custom player models (not a big fan of them, but some people like them, so might aswell mention them)

Surf, Bhop
    - Trails (and make them available via apoints)
    - Custom player models

4. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    donator 'benefits'

Adding existing plugins should be easy for our legendary management team.

5. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not entirely true.
    Plugins need to have their source code modified to work with our donator system, which takes time.

We're not adding the gimme plugin. We've had that and it didn't work out.
    AP suggestions are for n0name to handle.
    We're definitely not adding pay2win benefits, such as scout speed increase.

As for trails and the bhop stuff, we'll discuss internally.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  6. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And here i thought i had a voice on the bhop department.

Rip.

As long as i get a pony model or something im perfectly fine with it, also no anime shit or im gonna go mental

7. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Id like the models with csgo aswell.
    Just the Trails might be annoying as hell if everyone is just squirting them into your face when in front of you. At least in surf. Testing needs to be done with that.
    Then again having it for the replay BOT is great. (Saw it on another server)
    Also the bot had a blue/red playermodel (blue for CT, red for T).

Ingameshop masterrace. (People spam !shop already anyway)
    *caugh* admins and/or donators should get access to all of it without paying though *caugh*

8. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maybe a donator room on Unusual/Trade if that would work out

Also, I'll add all the collected ideas to the OP on sunday.

9. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ask sam.

10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Custom models - nope, maybe hats once Valve fixed the precache table limit (again)*.
    Trails for the replay bots aren't a bad idea, will add once the KZ server/WRCP plugin are online (same goes for color).

Also, Hats are an option (a part for free, other part for donators), which would work on all servers.
    Not really a fan of shop systems, they are oftenly badly coded and add a lot of strain to the server.

* While they increased it to 4,096, spawning an entity with a model cached with an index of >1,024 will crash ALL clients.
    The server will continue running, but every single person crashes - see https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=279526

----
    For TF2: low priority on all, maybe once the aforementioned things are on in CS:GO, I will fix the AP system.
    Not really gonna add any new spectacular features - existing plugins can be modified by the Downs.

Lastly, a big no-no to game breaking benefits (like speed change), we don't want to mutate into Saigns v.2.

11. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    and what is this? :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. Downy

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've added a betaversion of trails to the regular trade server.
    You can access it with /trailme
    It's currently set to only one trail. We won't be having custom trails, I'd rather not make people download more than they already do. Most TF2 particles are available trails, I'll make a menu where you can choose what trail you want later.

Also, currently the only way to get rid of a trail is to die.

13. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's a bug, there currently is no trails plugin on the server.

14. RIS`

RIS` Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Will there also be a possibility to disable trails player-side?

15. Downy

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Probably not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.