Pending [ser12rt] Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by ser12rt, Jul 10, 2018.

?

Would you like to see him/her as an admin?

This poll will close on Jul 24, 2018 at 9:12 PM.
  1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
  1. ser12rt

ser12rt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep SourceBans gameMe
    Your name or nickname
    Serrt

Your age

Which languages do you speak?
    English

In which timezone do you live?
    GMT+1

Steam Community URL

Your gameMe page

Your total playtime on the applied server(s)
    ~13 Days

Server(s) you wish to be admin on
    TF2 - Jailbreak | EU1-2

If you already have experience, which plugin were you using?

Adding to the question above, which community were you admin for?

Tell us why you're applying
    Hey everyone, I'm Serrt, and most people will only exclusively know me from JB EU. I'm 15 years old currently, soon to be 16 and come from the UK. My playtime on the specified server is about 2~5 hours per day, depending on circumstances.

I've played Jailbreak since I was about 12, where MagickCake and Admynco helped me out with being confident and going warden often. Because of this, I'd say that I'm very well up to date in the enforcement of the rules and am able to explain my logic for a kill if needs be in a calm way. I also find it nice to help out the newer players, even if it's explaining AFK Freeze.

As far as I'm aware, Jailbreak hasn't got that many active admins right now and I'd like to help be there to fix that and have a constant rotation of people there to help out when people ruin the experience for others, since it isn't fair in the slightest.

In short, I'd like to apply mainly because I want the server to stay healthy and have a constant good reputation for having plentiful admins and no rule-breakers.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I hope to help the server out.

Faithfully,
    -Serrt

2. Kermitisko

Kermitisko VIP Member

Steam:
    Hello Serrt nice to see you apply again.
    In the time you have changed a Lot. Let me just do something here.
    + Has a very nice mic.
    Well this is everything good that i have seen on you.
    - Your sessions arent really great
    - Your using your m
    ic too often
    - You changed a bit but your still rude to some younger people sometimes.
    - Your Chatlog is kinda bad seeing some "OwO" "Lol" "Lmao"

This is a no for Me today. Good luck on your application !!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 7:40 AM
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. ser12rt

ser12rt Member

Steam:
    Kermit, thank you for replying.
    The only ones I can address are the often mic use and Chatlog. I can only say this is because of my preference to remain casual if it is possible in a given circumstance, and I like to just share jokes or laugh on in JB quite often. Professionalism does matter, and I'd like to say I can adopt a serious tone if needs be.

I would also like to comment that my session graph must look so skewed and inactive between April and July because my Laptop well and truly died on me, though that problem has fixed itself and I can safely say I will not have something like that happen again.

4. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    Hello, thank you for taking the time to submit an application. I don't really know you so ill try and go off what I know.

Regarding the post by kermit, those are simply not good enough reasons to down vote someone's application with the only decent point being your activity.
    using a mic too often, saying owo lul and lmao occasionally isn't a reason to decline someones app. as far as being rude to younger people, I have yet to witness this myself however I haven't played that much with him.

Your chatlog is ok and app itself is ok, no need to nit pick at so small things that don't really matter. however I did notice you asking people to vouch for you from your chatlog which isn't considered a good thing to do.

TD LR
    There are several open spots on jb eu (Jailbreak EU: Free (5/8) this guy shows decent promise. I think with the right mentoring and support from the rest of the jb admins, he could be of great use. Why not give him a chance, I'm surely up to helping him out. ill stay neutral for now and let some other admins/players who know him better comment on this before I vote.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Faggot

Faggot Get lost Server Manager VIP

Steam:
    Hello ser12rt,

You have been on jailbreak for a while and from what I could tell before I doubt that you would make a good admin judging only from your behaviour.
    You acted way too childish back in the day and mostly lost track of everything else when you found another discussion more interesting.

I also think that you rushed this applicaiton too much, you just started playing 7 days ago and many people have left/things have changed.
    Maybe it would be better if you actually play on jailbreak for a while to see if you would actually keep playing jailbreak with the new players/rules that are now on jailbreak and not find this out mid way and then retracting this way too late or stop playing once you get accepted.

On Bambis post
    This is something negative, if him talking too much makes the warden stop everytime or not even start to talk while he is at it he is blocking the round from progressing.
    Not everyone wants to listen to anything at all times, if you tell a story once it's okay but if you keep on saying things on jailbreak that is simply unneeded.

I will not vote on this applicaiton since I don't usually vote, but my advice is to apply at a later date so people can actually get an impression of you and then vote relying on that impression and how your sessions turn out until then. Maybe you don't even want to play it anymore then.
    But this is only a suggestion from my side, if you take it or leave it is entirely up to you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. TheJulianSNL

TheJulianSNL Junior Server Admin VIP

Steam:
    Heya Serrt, it's nice to see you applying.

To be honest, from as far as I have seen you for this short while, I think you are friendly, calm and you are generally a fun person to be around.
    With you being the way you are right now, I think you would be an excellent addition to the team.

However, I do agree with Faggot, a week might not be enough after 3 months of inactivity, a lot has changed.
    Also about you being childish in the past, I'm glad to see that has, as far as I have seen at least, changed.

Furtheron, as a response to Kermitisko,

It is kinda true, although pretty minimal.

Unless it's actual spam, I don't really see a problem with this, since Serrt does almost everything over mic anyways, and the owo's are mainly just from messing around with Roddy or to bully me. l:T

All in all, I'm going to stay NEUTRAL.
    Also because you asked me to give you advice.

7. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    Sorry for the double post but I would highly suggest to management to keep this application open for review for at least 2 + weeks instead of the usual 1-1.5 weeks and ill explain why

Well for starters its been mentioned you've only made regular connects the last week, you could as faggot mentioned touch up on our rules and get better acquainted with other admins/regular players in the 2+ week span and then decide yourself if you are still interested in this position
    Julian has confirmed this is true which if so, we can monitor you in those 2+ week span keep an eye on how you chat with others.

when I said this wasn't an issue I didn't consider things like "delaying the round" or "interrupting the warden" but with that considered yes it is an issue then. We can also monitor how you behave in a longer timespan.

like I said with 5 more spots left for admins I still don't see this going terribly wrong to give a chance so long as he lives up to what he says.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 7:35 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.