Declined rule display suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Smile, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So i got into a random surf server yesterday and i saw a pretty smart and good way to display the rules to all the players that come in the server.Right away when u get into the server on the left side they show the rules.It happens on every map and player. Its like the menu on dm servers where u get to choose weapons and stuff or on surf with !stage but instead of this they show a list of rules to all players and u have to press 9 to exit from this menu..I think its a better way than the !rules that redirects u to the page.So everyone would read the main rules like no spamming,no racism etc. and people would be more responsibles about their actions

2. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This kind of list is already implemented, but I think it only shows up when an admin decides to prompt it to everyone on the server or something.

3. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i didnt know that this is already a thing on the servers..but my suggestion was to make it a "permanent" thing so everyone would know the rules because none actually uses !rules to read them

4. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Are you thinking of the /msay command, if so the admin need to create a bind with the rules they choose to display on it and prompt it when they want too.

Having am official one that displays for players may be a good idea but make it stop displaying when the player meets a time played Mark might be better

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Which I do not wan't anyone to use, in case any admin reads this. Any surf admin that (still) does that should immediatly remove this. (Since we already pointed it out to them just recently)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.