Resolved [RTV/Mapchange] Still breaking frequently

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by Chefkoch JJ, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello,

as admin on bhop I have not much to do aside from taking care of occasional spammers, but there is one thing that has been bothering me and everyone who frequently plays - maps getting stuck for hours. I would like to request the permissions to change maps or toggle rtv. People are complaining and yet I cannot do anything about it, that's not how it should be.
    (Notifying other admins to change maps is not something I like to do frequently, also it's quite annoying ^^)

Cheers,
    Massta

2. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If im online at the time, please just write to me and i'll come and start a map vote.

If im not online on steam, which i am most of the day. Then you'll have to contact some of the other admins (I think its mainly n0name and the VAs). I think you gain map vote permission at either Junior or Senior.

3. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

n0pe.
    (i want that worst pun award.)

4. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I know I'm new and all and not in the position to question the inner works of fog, but I still don't understand why I'm handled like I'm gonna break the server at any moment. I became admin to take care of the bhop server, yet I have to message other people at least 50% of the time.

5. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Its not that WE dont trust you. The trainee system was put in due to some admins abusing their powers and permissions seeing as before the Trainee system was put in place, people like Admio unbanned and banned people without reason and supervision. Trainee is basically a fail-safe, it can be flawed and tricked but its a fail-safe. Rather be safe at the start then let you go ham when you've proven you're not abusive or things related to such things. Please dont think that we dislike or do not trust you, its basically due to past experiences.

6. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I guess I can live with that, it's only logical after all.
    Thanks for the explanation!

Is their any way to speed up the process of becoming trusted? :D

Aside from that, are there any plans on fixing this everlasting rtv error?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  7. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Dont even THINK about it. Thats the fastest way.

Gotta wait for n0 to show up

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There already is a topic (or actually, numerous topics) about the RTV problem, no need to keep this one open.
    As for the permissions, you will have to wait/ask other admins in case the map gets stuck.

Sadly, CS:S is kinda dead nowadays, otherwise I would prefer hosting servers there - easier, less bugs.
    Locking for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.