1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approved [Roddy] Application

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Roddy, Nov 11, 2017.

?

Would you like to see him/her as an admin?

This poll will close on Nov 25, 2017 at 8:19 AM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roddy

Roddy Trainee Server Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep SourceBans gameMe
    Your name
    Genesis (Roddy preferred)

Date of birth
    October 12, 2000

Which languages do you speak?
    English

In which timezone do you live?
    GMT-5

Steam Community URL

Your gameMe page

Your total playtime on the applied server(s)
    35 and counting

Server(s) you wish to be admin on
    TF2 - Jailbreak NY | US1-25

If you already have experience, which plugin were you using?
    No experience as an admin.​

Adding to the question above, which community were you admin for?
    Was never an admin prior to this application.

Tell us why you're applying
    First of all I'm very thankful that you're taking my application into consideration. I'm a roughly new player to Team Fortress 2 and community servers in general, but with 350 hours already stacked up in overall gameplay and plenty more that I am eager to receive, I'm positive that I can and will become a great asset to you all.

In the time that I've played on your Jailbreak servers, I've witnessed a lot of harsh insults, frequent free-killing, and inappropriate sprays that would not be deemed suitable for some of the younger players that I'm familiar with. A lot of the time when an admin is needed, there are none available or they are simply unable to reach our calls in time, something that can be frustrating when those bad users find pure joy in our anger and annoyance.

Within the past few days I've become much more active online and have spent a majority of the time playing on your server. I've seen the same offenders coming back to harass users or spam chat/text just for the fun of it and because there is nobody to take charge and handle the masses, it easily gets out of control. With frequent activity and play time on my end, I can guarantee that in time the server will be watched closer and the abusers will be handled with strictly where players can enjoy their time without worry.

My active play time would be as follows in the GMT-5 time zone (hours are estimated and outside influences are not considered):
    Mon-Fri: 3:00 PM to 10:30 PM
    Sat: 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM
    Sun: 12:00 PM to 10:30 PM

As an admin in your server, I would stop spammers and free-killers, ban hackers and inappropriate sprays, mute racism/racist remarks regardless of ethnicity or beliefs, and overall remain a friendly person to talk to and play with.

Again I thank you for taking the time to read this and I welcome any and all criticism that could better my chances in the future. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns as I have constant access to the forums and threads.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. Solid Snake

Solid Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    Hey Roddy,
    Thanks for your interest in our community. Your application looks nice and your chatlog is okay. However a huge problem is that we don’t really know you. It’s not a requirement but it sure is handy. I would suggest joining our discord (https://discord.gg/ftfGcEB) and try and chat with some people. Furthermore, you have just reached the playtime necessary which makes the application a bit rushed in my opinion.

As a jailbreak admin myself, I haven’t really played on our NY server since my ping couldn’t take it. Perhaps I can add you on steam and see how you play in-game?

For now I’m staying neutral.
    Good luck with your application though.

3. Roddy

Steam:
    Thank you for your feedback! Indeed it was a bit rushed considering that I'm a bit newer to the community, and if my application were to be declined due to lack of extensive experience then there's always room to be more involved and reapply in the future. I'd love if you were to add me and spectate my activities just for further measures. As for chat, I apologize for anything that may have come off inappropriate--I'll make sure to watch what I say and prevent anything bad from happening this point on.

4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator VIP

Steam:
    Hey Roddy. Don't you think you're a bit young for being an admin in a server? Would love to hear you input on that.

5. Roddy

Steam:
    Hello! Young perhaps, but there's always a time to participate in something new and to get moving. Despite my young age I still believe that I am mature enough and fully capable to meet the needs of admins here along with the TF2 community server players. In consideration of future rounds in the later years of your jailbreak server, having this experience now and starting where I'm still able to connect with younger players will make it much easier to adjust rather than beginning my progress later when it may not be as necessary than it is now.

6. Solid Snake

Solid Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    So I've played with her on the actual server and must say she has potential. Only negative things I found is that that she is still pretty new to the gamemode and needs to learn some basic rules. Honestly I don't blame her since our rules are like 5 books combined. I'd like to see her as an admin cause jailbreak NY needs it and she is definitely a mature candidate. Hence why I'm changing my vote to a +1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Faggot

Faggot Get lost Server Manager VIP

Steam:
    I feel your playtime on certain days seem off for example on the 11th. 220 points for 7 hours is weak for JB even as prisoner, espacially for a guard though. If you are on low point basis (<5k) you still get normal points for killing others (atleast 2 each, max 25). So if you go guard and kill around 40 people you could have 200 points. 40 kills for guards would take a decent warden tops 2 maps Around 1hour and 10 mins of playtime. Harder if you get high on points since killing people with higher points = more points gained. And with 1.400 points thats not hard. 220 points for 7 hours is a very suspicious way of idling. Ive seen wardens in literally 2-3 hours get almost 300-400 points. 7 hours 3 kills and 35 deaths deaths can easily be attained by idling on red Although kills must be active.

Care to explain?

8. Roddy

Steam:
    I understand your suspicions but you see I play more on the RED team as opposed to being a warden or guard. Even as a prisoner I don't kill many BLUs as I'm more focused on following orders and getting to my destination--I pay no mind to baiters unless they are in my path or a spy disguising (which is rare). Another thing that may be dampening my scores could be the frequency of cell wars which would subtract 5 points for team killing, however I'm not sure if that changes much at all. Additionally, I've experienced a lot of illegal friendly fire that has unintentionally forced a form of cell wars which could add on to my previous statement. I assure you that I do not remain idle but instead I take part in games and actually communicate with players both in text and voice chat, and if my available hours listed above seem inconsistent then please keep in mind that outside influences are not considered, those being appointments, after-school activities, and time spent with friends.

9. RiddleMan

RiddleMan Member

Steam:
    Hello. Your application seems good to me, im voting +1, but I would prefer to hit baiters so that I can rack up those sweet points.

Because im guardbanned most of the time :^)

It's funny because i never actually read the rules. I just learned them as I played along. lol

10. Avaritia

Avaritia Absolute Savagery Moderator Creative Team Server Helper VIP

Steam:
    Accepted. Contact me on steam to set up your permission. Your mentor will be @Solid Snake@Solid Snake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.