Declined Removing Random Crits and Damagespread from Mario Kart

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Konsta, Jun 28, 2014.

?

Remove Crits and Damagespread?

1. Yes

18.2%
  2. No

81.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konsta

Konsta Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't think random crits and damagespread add anything useful to the game. They just make it more frustrating. Removing them would just make the server better. Getting a kill because of getting lucky with either one of them doesn't even feel satisfying even if the person would have died without the crit/extra damage. Losing a kill because damagespread decided you would do one damage less than you should feels horrible though. And don't even get me started on dying to a crocket from halfway through the map...

So... Remove random crits. Please.

2. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I disagree with this idea. In my oppinion, you can get an lucky crit the same way your opponent can. You could have shot an crocket through whole map some day aswell. Valve tried hard to make this game not favouriting specific type of players.

3. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The same way? Lol, it's totally random, there is no "same"

4. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's the thing. You don't know WHEN will you crit. It's totally random. Sometimes might be you, sometimes might be some other person.
    It's the game, if you dislike it - don't play it.

Also, not to imply anything but people make posts about crits/dmgspread because they need an excuse for their bad in-game results. If noname would disable them, people would easilly find something else to whine about.

5. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You cant talk about a "same way" if there is not even such a thing called "same"

To be honest..

2fort - called "more serious" or "competitive" server, guess what - in the real competitive szene's of any game, they try to lower the "random" factor as much as possible, not because "lol I dont need an excuse for beeing killed anymore"
    No, its more that random factor things are getting removed because it is influencing the game too much. and RNG =/= competitive/serious /whatever

thought, 2fort isnt maybe the best example,
    but I am staying neutral to this anyway, I dont care.

6. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Should have airblasted the crocket back.
    -1 Random crits makes an element of caution in the game to avoid crits

7. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why do you argue about it so much then?
    Also, it isn't "competetive". As far as I know noone calls it that. If you want to go competetive you join an 6v6 or 9v9 team. Removing the crits is removing an huge part of the game. I knew you were going to say "But competetive removes it!". I highly doubt that FoG servers are it. Up to n0name. (or other authorities <3)

8. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Mini-crits should stay, it doesn't change much except for losing perhaps 40% of your HP on classes that has HP from 100 - 175.
    They're are here for a reason.

9. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I never said that the FoG servers are TRUE competitive, 2fort isnt even a map which is played in 6v6 /hl
    But it is called "competitive" or "serious" by many people here.

Okay yea, I dont care but I am not allowed to argue then?

All I am saying is that it's influencing the game too much, pretty often.

10. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I still can't see how it can be influencing the game, if it IS the game. It was originally made in Team Fortress 2 to have random critical hits, and people shouldn't really argue about that. It's like to say "Pyro is op class, remove it omg!"
    Trust me, if crits would be blocked, next thing we'd have round here would be a thread saying that some weapons are OP and also are 'influencing' the game.

Never said you weren't. All I did was asking why do you do it so much.

11. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Crit Fortress 2 mhmmm ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So you basically think, If we remove crits - it..it is not Team Fortress 2 anymore?
    Crits are more a feature than the "real game"

And I lol'd @ the "lol pyro is op class pls remove it" argument - it is a complete different thing, since we are talking about a feature and not about a whole class.

Why not? Forum is alive.

12. Konsta

Konsta Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Mini-crits? When did I ever mention mini-crits? Random mini-crits dont even exist.

You can't avoid/predict something that is random. That's the whole point of random. That's why random is so stupid.

What are these "specific type of players" you're talking about? People who are good at the game? Because that's who random crits punish the most. If you are saying that being good at the game shouldn't give you an upper hand I really don't understand your thinking.

I'm not whining. I'm just saying that it's really frustrating when you know you have an easy kill and then boom, the enemy gets a triple damage instagib shot at you without falloff just because they were lucky. Why should we make the game less about skill and more about getting lucky?

This Pyro argument of yours is completely irrelevant to this thread. Removing a class from the game has nothing to do with removing randomness from it and increasing the amount of skill needed. Same thing goes for removing weapons.

13. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Random crits then.

14. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I kinda meant the free to plays, since all I hear nowadays is "OMG F2PS ALWAYS GET CRITSS OMGGGG"

Once again, did you ever think of all the times that you killed someone with an crit? You also get those, trust me. If you want to play a game with 'skill', go and play Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2 is NOT for competetive playing.

I were argumenting Triforce, not you. And I haven't said that it is exacly the same thing. All I've tried to imply is that people always will find something to whine about, and that I can not understand why do you hate crits so much. Tell me, when you're playing and kill someone with an crit, do you go all like "sorry, sorry, it was a crit"? You don't care about crits when YOU get them, you care about them when the opponents do. I really disagree with this, this is just ridiculous.

15. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

explain.

16. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Lets talk about this in private, shall we?
    It's really getting a bit spammy.

17. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I dont mind, I can talk everywhere.
    It would look like more that we are an active forum and it is a matter here we can talk about =D

But, as you wish.

18. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The thing is, random crits help balance the game. Some items, such as many of the demo swords, or the Ambassador for the spy, don't get random crits, and taking random crits off would completely throw off the idea of balancing.

19. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You said random and balance in one sentence, I am impressed.

20. Konsta

Konsta Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And unlimited ammo doesn't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.