Declined Removal of JB_Soviet

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Bambi :), Apr 18, 2018.

?

Remove JB_Soviet

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If your a regular of the jailbreak community here, you are probably familiar with this map. There have been some complaints that this map should be removed so I thought it would be appropriate to start a poll to see what you guys really think, should this map be kept in the current rotation or should it be removed?

Please refrain from voting if you are not familiar with this map, thanks.

Here is my Opinion/personal take on this

Pros:
    +Rounds begin with prisoners separated in 4 cells (with usually 4 prisoners in each cell), This makes cell wars much more completive and interesting to me then your typical 2 person cell fights on almost every other map.

+Because of how spacious this map is (which Ill bring up again later), Hide and seek tends to generally be a interesting thing to do here, there are quite a few good hiding spots and no unreachable areas(Not including the roof of armory and cells).

+It has a unique mini game called Flappy Bird that is unlike any other mini game that I think is pretty fun.

+It has in my opinion the easiest obstacle course which can be great for newcomers.

Cons:
    -This is one of the more spacious maps, what I mean by that is that everything is far away from each other. It takes over a minute just to get prisoners from the starting area to any mini game located on the map and another minute just to get to the next usually. Why I'm pointing this out is because rounds take much longer compared to normal maps and when people are dead for an extended period of time I've noticed they tend to just leave the server because of the round taking too long.

-The EXTREMELY annoying nuke room. You can say whatever you want about this being fun or not but honestly it somewhat ruins this map. Whenever there are freedays, more then half the time they will activate the door to access the nuke room and attempt to activate the nuke which effectively ends the round by killing everyone. This seriously pisses some people off including me because there is not really anything you can do about this especially when you are doing something like death run and have no idea to expect the nuke even coming.

- The complete lack of used mini games. There aren't that many things to do on soviet, its rather lacking in mini games. There is obby, death run, fall game, flappy bird, 4 corners and crush game. Then there is disco, "diner", arena and pool. id say half of these games aren't even used in the map duration because people don't even know where these things are. You could count this as another con I suppose but even today I hear REGULARS say "is there a diner" "is there a crush game". Its also not like obby is the most overused mini game on this map either right? lol.

-This isn't really a bad thing about the map itself but if and when the map is voted for next I notice some people just leave the server if it is selected.

There are tons more things worth mentioning about this map but I'm just gonna end it here because I'm too lazy to go on over one stupid map and I'm not even gonna bother correcting any grammar mistakes. My conclusion is undecided but I'm leaning towards wanting to remove this map if you must know.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright, I'm personally voting No for this because your main concern here seems to be the nuke room. The nuke is very easy to prevent because of the following reasons:
    • Easily freeday-preventable
    The nuke room requires a button press to open, which you can kill the freeday for and then close it.
    • Nuke room is off limits anyway
    From what I remember, you can be killed as a red for being in there.
    • Guards
    They are called guards, you could send a pyro down there to airblast anyone out of the room and alerting the warden in mic.

I will go over your other negatives now:
    • Lack of minigames
    I know this map off-heart and there are a surprising lack yes, but to make each round more innovative you really need to rely on the warden's skill as a warden and their creativity.
    • Big map
    Yeah the map is big, but there are other big maps on the server (e.g. ba_chretien). Big maps also make rebelling more fun for reds, like you are on a spy mission. The long round times, you will have on any map. This just depends on how good the reds are at rebelling/obliging.
    • Leaving the server on vote
    You will have this with any somewhat disliked map. Imo more people leave on jail_night than soviet.

I feel like other even worse maps like night should be looked at first, but I see your concern for this map.

3. Kermitisko

Kermitisko Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well jb_soviet is a really good map tbh. It has a lot of fun minigames and the map is big too so idk why would you remove it. REDS can rebell and it's easy to escape. Well that's a NO for me.

4. Svarten

Svarten Maximal Effort Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Personally I don't like this map at all.
    However I do see how people might like this map, it's a big map making for a fun rebelling experience and some pretty neat minigames.
    The actual map idea is pretty good and I feel like the map is well structured.

My main reason for disliking this map is the nuke room, as a red being able to end a round simply by pressing a button is just not a good addition to the map.
    As Dino said sending a blu to guard the area might be a simple task, but I don't think anyone would really enjoy guarding a room for an entire round.

The map is also written in russian, so the warden must have played the map before to even have a clue about where the different minigames are.
    Often times wardens that are new to the map simply get lost and therefore just delay the round by running around looking for a spesific minigame.

As much as I would love to vote yes on this, I'm gonna stay neutral for now since there are a lot of maps in the current rotation, and I can live with disliking one of them.

I really enjoy Night, it's a clean and simple map. I also really like the "Night" theme.

EDIT: Decided to vote yes.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not saying I dislike night, it just has even less games than soviet :v

6. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Currently, the JB map rotation is lacking in my opinion. If we were to remove soviet, it would be only worse. If you could give a worthy replacement I'd also want the map removed but I don't think we should remove one of our most played maps on the server.

It's a very big map and I rebel a load. It takes a long time to get anywhere at all or on any other extremely large map for that matter.
    The map also has long and large corridors(?) around cell area and when a guard notices me escape, I can easily get killed. This is more of a personal issue but whatever
    Everything is in Russian which is hard for wardens to understand what everything is which leads to rounds being extended whilst the warden is searching for what they want.
    The abundance of white textures everywhere make it painful for my eyes.
    Though, the map is good for the amount of mini-games it has and the design is well done. It's generally a nice map to be on but I don't like it for my rebelling reasons.

7. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    For a long time I agreed with this. However what is the point of having a map which a lot of people don’t like? I personally do not dislike the map. I think rebelling on this map is pretty fun with loads of corridors to hide in. Yes it is big, but rushing behind the slowest class is a brilliant way to handle this. The nuke room has mixed opinions. I like that the map has an “ending”. This is something a lot of other maps do not have at all. However I only like the nuke room for this reason. Freedays can easily abuse it which does indeed suck. But, for rebelling this is a nice way of winning against the blu’s

I’m not voting at all. Would rather want to see what the community thinks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. TheJulianSNL

TheJulianSNL Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I personally don't like this map, it's probably one of the most likely maps (the only one at that) to get hit with an rtv

This might be of-limits yeah, but that still means that there must be a gurad guarding the place the whole time, and even if there is, the freedays can just rebel since they're often in a group of three, and just get to the button that way.
    by that time, you're screwed.

Expanding on what Yperz and Unboxed said, everything is in russian, and almost everything looks the same.
    This means it's basically just good luck on what game you are going to play since you have no way to know what game is what, unless you knwo the map by heart, but that's not a valid point.

To sum it up, I think JB_SOVIET should be removed due to it's major issues.
    This means it's a YES from me.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  9. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I half-agree with you on this.
    Freedays have an easy access way to end the round and guards cant stop them (unless they're nearby, like doing obby) because of the rule:
    B̶u̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶d̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶u̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶u̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶u̶k̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶g̶u̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶d̶a̶y̶s̶.̶
    Because I'm an idiot, I didn't realise only warden can kill the freedays.

I meant as in a guard can watch over a freeday so they won't want to attack whilst someone's nearby

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  10. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To that point, Ive never seen warden on JB_Soviet tell his guards to watch freedays, its not like people can think of this when that situation occurs.
    I'm also like solid, I'm not gonna vote and leaving this up to you guys and the votes. Ultimately however, this is up to faggot.

11. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will not remove the map as Jailbreak in general is lacking maps and mapmakers.

Most issues are easily avoided as you could kill freedays that open the nuke room or enter the nuke room if spotted simply by telling warden or changing the warden for the kill.

A good warden can easily fill 35 mins with the games and maybe custom games if needed.

Any decent guard is also able to kill escapers if they actually use their brain and maybe let a scout/sniper chase rebellers and not a heavy.

The map being big isn't really something bad, you could simply make the reds rush behind a slower class or pay some attention to them instead of making them crouchwalk everywhere.

People always leave if they don't enjoy a specific map, soviet isnt special there.

So I will declince this, however I will pay further attention to the player count for this map.

Closing and moving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.