Declined Regarding Jailbreak voting

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Fennik, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennik

Fennik Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There's several commands related to voting present in the Jailbreak tf2 server, all of which can prove especially useful when players with ill intentions play on the server. However, there's a two things i noticed throughout my time playing;

The !fire command has an insanely high required amount of votes, which i assume was done to disable it alltogether; i do not yet know the reason why, so if anyone does, please explain in the comments.
    If it was "disabled" because people were abusing it or using it for fun, i'd like to point out the !votemute command, which has similar abusing potential with a very low amount of required votes that i often see used on wardens- this makes it so that they would be breaking the rules if they went warden, but it doesn't actually stop them from becoming warden if there is no staff online (which is usually why votes are called in the first place).

Now votemute is indeed very useful to rid micspamming people on either team, but it doesn't do much against wardens without a microphone, or wardens with ill intentions like murdering the entire blue team. I think it would be useful if !fire was given back to us as a way to take care of these two groups of players in particular.

My second concern is the fact that votekick and voteban have the exact same amount of required votes and a very different inpact. Where votekick can be useful to rid delaying guards and the like, voteban will deny them access to the server for a set amount of time alongside the effects of a votekick. I believe the amount of votes required for a kick should be lowered for this very reason- in the time i've been playing Jailbreak i've never the required amount of votes being reached. Admittedly, i only have about 26 hours on Jailbreak but unfortunately i've been able to experience many situations where these votes were issued, and with a good reason. While Faggot/Accel and some of the other staff members enforce the rules well while they are online, staff isn't online 24/7 and players need a viable way to rid rulebreakers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. Please supply constructive criticism and reasons why you agree or disagree in the comments- i'll gladly listen to them.

2. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The /fire would not change anything as it would simply fire the warden, it would not teamban him nor slay him, so if he has any ill intent or no microphone this will not affect him at all since he can still go on to freekill players. If there is a problem like I just described you have to rely on votekick/voteban to get rid of the freekiller because /fire and /votemute will not affect him or his doing at all so it is pretty much useless.

It's true that these two have different impacts as one lets you rejoin and the other bans you for a day, but keep in mind that both these commands can have a heavy impact on the game. If for example the warden gives a few harder commands supposed to trick people and the ones who died to this would get mad at him and claim freekill then they could votekick him easily if the required amount of votes was lowered even more(currently 60% of all players).

It's up to the players to deciede if the offence is worth a ban or only a kick so in my opinion neither of those votes should require more or less votes to avoid them being abused or them being unreachable because some people simply do not know how to use the voting system.

3. Fennik

Fennik Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thank you for the input. I understand the reason behind the votekicks and votebans now.
    I still think !fire would be useful so that other BLUs might take over the position of Warden and use friendlyfire to rid rulebreaking BLUs. I've seen this done before by other Wardens and unfortunately i've been forced to go warden and toggle friendlyfire just to kill one of many guards that thinks he's playing CTF on 2Fort, or sometimes even clever little buggers that feed on salt and use !w before anyone else can, letting the RED's angry comments rain over them. I can definitely understand where you're coming from, too; in the end, I understand why these things are here and i'm very grateful you explained them to me.

4. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well I explained it above and it's a tf2 universal plugin so we will not change it

Closing and moving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.