Declined Noclip for 1-6 and 4-6 servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by ๑ﭥßred๑ﭥ, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ๑ﭥßred๑ﭥ

๑ﭥßred๑ﭥ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey y'all !
    Noclip is an amazing tool to learn a bit harder, or even easier maps that you've never seen before, but as it is right now, noclip is restricted to donators only, which i personally kinda dislike due to me not being able to afford to donate, so what i thought was why not post a thread and try my luck to unlock noclip for 1-6 and 4-6 servers, and yes, before anyone says that noclip can be abused to gain units when leaving startzone or to dropboost, i'm sure you guys have staff that know coding who can force a !r before you can start your timer after noclipping again.

Thanks for reading!
    ~ Bred

2. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just out of curiosity:
    why exactly do you need noclip? Is the checkpoint system which is free for all not enough in order to learn / see a map in combination with replay bots?
    Please try to give me an answer on this why noclip would be such a necessity for you that it should be available for all on the servers you mentioned. Im asking because I dont read this out of your post. I only read that you want it.

The combination of:
    - checkpoint system
    - WR bots
    - and WR runs on FoGTV going live on 1.08.2017
    allows you to get the informations required for a map without using noclip.

In my personal oppinion it should stay as a donor only feature. Since it's one of the few features that actually can be used for donator benefits. This would be a backstab against all current donators.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. ๑ﭥßred๑ﭥ

๑ﭥßred๑ﭥ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    when using the chekpoint system requires you to surf not knowing what lies ahead, when it comes to the replay bots, you spend a good AT LEAST 5 rotations memorizing the map and sometimes maps can be very long and tough to memorize, but when you get to noclip through it, you get to stop and think, hey, maybe i could do this part differently than the WR does it, replay bost are usually mad insane, they do nutty skips, if a regular surfer were to do the maps as the replay bot shows them, they might aswell quit surfing, since as said, they're usually pretty nutty. I do get your point, there are already very useful tools to take advice of, but the easiest and no doubt the most useful tool is still restricted to donators only.

Edit: and sometimes maps can be very long and tough to memorize

4. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Go spec, press spacebar twice and you got yourself noclip

5. ๑ﭥßred๑ﭥ

๑ﭥßred๑ﭥ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    was not aware of this, might aswell lock it! thanks

6. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Even when you are noclipping trough a map you would have to memorize it. So that argument doesn't really work.
    The only use I see for noclip is to get faster to a certain point of a map in order to practice it then with CP's.
    But still as mentioned in my first post it is not really necessary to open it for everyone for the reasons I mentioned above.

Other might see this different tho.

7. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Closing then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.