Modellin´

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by SirCloudySky, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirCloudySky

SirCloudySky Member

Ok guys here my problem:
    I want to make an Item for TF2 have an idea. I think it´s pretty balanced (but still can be improved) and now i have the problem that i can´t make 3d models this well and would need somebody teaching me or helping me.

Can somebody please help me:(

2. Konsta

Konsta Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Even if you made a model and it was accepted, it would be Valve who decides the stats.

3. SirCloudySky

SirCloudySky Member

yeah you are right but they said come with a concept so i´m bringing them a concept what they do with it afterwards may be sad for me because it´s a whole 180° turn or good for me because they take it like it is or just an improvement of my idea but i just try to fullfill their conditions.

4. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Pretending I understood that, 3D isn't just sprawling two cubes together - a decent 3D artist takes the most of a year or two to get into the gist.

Once you've made the object, you gotta texture it - UV Maps... and boy, are UV's an ass.

Then theres the problem of importing it into the source engine.

then there comes the tweaking.

blablablabla

Just to say, don't dwell on it, if you wanna do this yourself; start now and you might just get something out by next year.

No, I'm not doing it for you.

5. SirCloudySky

SirCloudySky Member

I know modelling and Uv mapping it's pretty hard i tried it and the UVs are evil and because it takes so long to learn i ask for help the problem is I know what i want is not that hard it's a simple shape but i can't make it as i think it in my head. It's like trying to draw something from just the memory, so it's hard for me. Thank you for the information about the time it'll take i hate to plan and not being able to fulfill it now i can make a kind of "timetable" to plan when i watch videos or read tutorial to special parts of the modelling process. ^^
    It'll take a long time but i think i can do this.

6. SirCloudySky

SirCloudySky Member

##########################################CLOSED##########################################

(still don't know how to close right)

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Closed on Request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.