Rejected Lag/stutter on Higher Tower EU2-9

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by Marce_, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marce_

Marce_ Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, this has been a thing for a while, when there's over ~15 players on the server, there's randomly a quite amount of lag/stutter happening.

I first thought it's just my 1070 SLI, took it down to one GPU, nothing and other players started to tell same on chat too, so it's not on my end. Example i get normally quite high fps but it's randomly dropping to low 20 fps when there's that ~15 players or more. And this is happening daily. My ping has stayed same for most of the time(35-37), same with others.

If i try to describe that lag/stutter somehow, it would be like an HDD nor CPU is hitting it's limits.

2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think this is mostly caused by TF2's or the map's lack of optimization more than the server itself.
    For me, the same is happening on Dustbowl, where I get sub 50 FPS with a 970.

Unless I misread and you meant server-side lags as well.

Not much I can do unfortunately.

3. Marce_

Marce_ Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Don't quite get what you mean by that "server-side lags".

Anyway, went and played another server running highertower that was full of players and didn't get that kind of lag.

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The only thing which could cause lags is the ads.. you should be able to see those tho.
    Try setting cl_disablehtmlmotd to 1 and see if that fixes it.

If not, I don't really know what could cause it.

5. Marce_

Marce_ Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thus far that cl_disablehtmlmotd 1 seems to help, not as bad anymore, still some tho.

As you meantioned ads, i started to remember that this has been a thing as long those ads started to pop during waiting to spawn time after death.
    Before ads were only at start when joined to server.

6. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Dont wanna ruin the way of thinking here, but does it happen everytime you play on the server or was it a one time thing?
    Because there is something called lagbots. Valve said they fixed it but from people i heared that they are still a thing.

Maybe n0 knows more of it or someone else who played on that time.

Just pointing it out. Feel free to delete if its not needed or unrelevant. Just trying to help to find a solution

7. Marce_

Marce_ Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well it's mostly everyday and another have noticed it too..
    Looked up those lagbots, looks similar lag, but there has not been any lagbot spam on chat tho.
    And mostly server has known players playing.

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, don't really know what else could be causing the lags then, as we don't run any other plugins (apart from ads) which may induce lags.
    Maybe we just have quite a bit more unusual wearing players on the servers (as you mentioned regulars) or there is a random bug in TF2.

Marking as rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.