Declined Jailbreak | removing jail_anthology_b2_tf2jail

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Fennik, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennik

Fennik Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I believe the map jail_anthology_b2_tf2jail should be removed from Jailbreak's map rotation. It is a rather small map; while it features two things i haven't seen on any other map, the rest of the map is very limited. These are the features (i know of):
    • A large pool, including a more shallow kiddie pool and a diving board.
    • A game of Tic-Tac-Toe for two players.
    • A game of Connect Four for two players.
    • A moderately-sized Deathrun.
    • A large and rather unique maze.
    • A soccer field with a very large ball.
    • A cage with boxes that every map seems to have
    • A small infirmary/medic
    • A large Theater with curtains that can open and close
    • A beach with what i assume is Sweeper but seems to be broken
    • A teleporter that will take you to a random location to the map. Likely to get you stuck in a roof somewhere, but may also take you to places like the Infirmary and the Armory.
    This may look like a rather big list, but this is an low amount of features compared to other maps. It does not support the !open or !close commands and the buttons are extremely small and hard to activate. There's no "line" for the prisoners to stand at the beginning of the round- instead, there's the white outline of a box. It's extremely difficult to get prisoners to stand on a particular part of the box, say, "the line closest to your cells", where they'll argue that "the railing is a white line too" and other similar antics.

While the teleporter is nice to have and the concept is great, it has a tendecy to teleport people into unreachable places and get them stuck, making it impossible to end the round without suiciding or waiting out the full round time. Nothing else this map has is particularly impressive other than the Connect Four and Tic Tac Toe which i hadn't seen anywhere before. I notice a lot of the players showing negative reactions when this map is selected and many players just hit a random button on their keyboard when the voting menu shows up as to be rid of it (or they were about to select another weapon and instead vote by accident, etc.).

In conclusion, i think it'd be an improvement for the Jailbreak server if this particular map were removed from the rotation. As usual, please give your opinion on the matter and feedback in the comments- and thank you for taking the time to read my thread!

2. Inov

Inov Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To be honest, the map is quite boring as the connect four isn't quite interesting feature and tic-tac-toe can be found in other maps and Sweeper is broken, so there's nothing much to do. The white "box" presents an issue with round beginnings as it's extremely easy for rebellers to hide among other reds and avoid death. The map is uncomfortably small. It would be better if it was removed from the server.

3. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If the server manager wants to check what maps depopulize the server and which are popular he should look at this
    http://stats.f-o-g.eu/overview/8
    -> hover over this graph
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So for example jail_minecraft_dynf_v9 got rid of 7 players. (Probably! Might as well be someone ruining the fun)
    Just fyi :^]

4. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What if I don't want to? :<

Will look at this for the next week and then make a judgement

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I looked at it and I don't really see a reason to remove it, there isn't really a drop of players and the map atleast forces a warden to play games that usually aren't played that much like Simon says and 3-4 rounds can easily be filled with the minigames without playing one twice.

So I will not remove it (yet, I will of course keep looking at it in the future)

Closing this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.