Declined Jailbreak - Microphone Checks

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I thought of a feature for the Jailbreak server.
    Basically, when you go on BLU, the server would automatically switch you to RED until it detects you have used a microphone and it would show text in chat saying things like:
    You have not shown you have a microphone yet. You have been automatically switched to RED.
    and
    You have used a microphone. You are now able to join BLU.

This kind of system would make mic-checking not needed and would take away a bit of the stress for admins.

2. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't know if SM has a built in things to hook the mic usage.
    (reserved for more content)

3. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i think that it wouldn't work, as they can prove they have a mic once or just use there speakers as an input. maybe if it told you to say something and a bot would recognize it, it could be abused less.

4. Youtubetz

Youtubetz Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seems legit

5. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Might, might not.

Atleast people would know they actually have a microphone. I don't think a bot would be able to recognise people speaking. Maybe keep the microphone on for 10 seconds?

noice

6. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    A bot wouldn't be able to tell the difference between activity and just toggled on. What you're talking about now is an AI with speech recognition. This is far too advanced to apply within Sourcepawn. And if it happens, who'll write it?
    -Blue

7. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I meant that they shouldn't add a bot to detect voice but rather one that detects how long you've kept the microphone on for - detects if you've kept the mic on for 10 seconds.

8. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This might be a good idea. However I think it's way to complicated to make and Faggot, Dille and me have no problem to mic check whatsoever. Also there sometimes is a glitch where you are muted even though you're speaking. This can cause some misunderstandings between people. Even for new people this could be annoying. I think it's a bit too far fetched to be honest. But if there is something that exists like this, it could come in handy...

9. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I believe I went on another jailbreak server with a feature like this and I think it used SourceMod

10. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You went on another jailbreak server?
    Disgraceful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. aaaa

aaaa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    IMO the "all guards must have a mic" rule should be taken with a grain of salt, the rule is more or less meant to be used in situations when people gets autobalanced out of blue team or when nobody goes warden after a few rounds
    with other words, I would rather not have this on the server (I rather have 3 micless guards on my team instead of being alone)

12. GODMOK

GODMOK Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It would be great to have it but me and solid as he said dont have any problem with michecking guys soo meh if it works and cant be abused thats cool but who knows that
    can even work

13. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As Blue explained above, a bot would only check if someone is pressing the talk button and not if any voice input is actually given.

There are also a few things that stand in the way of this:

If you get votemuted you can still go warden and this would remove your mute, so you are still able to be a Warden but the bot/plugin would kick you off.

There also is a slight chance of getting muted when dying after round end(most people suicide here anyway), this would also make the bot kick you off blue.

Also I do not know if we could make a bot target each blue on his on checking his mic without taking too much time or asking too often.

So as you only suggested this and do not actually know how we should be able to implement this I will consider this thread as useless, of course if anyone knows how to code a bot like that without breaking anything feel free to contact me.

Closing and moving.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.