Implemented Jailbreak map suggestion.

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Snake, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So I browsed on gamebanana some maps we could install on the jailbreak server. So I found a new map and tried it with friends which I want to give a big shoutout to.
    Big Thank you to:
    Faggot
    Enrimeus
    Fahlo
    Spindel ( for helping me edit )
    For testing the new map with me.
    The map's name is ba_jailfort_b1
    Creator: Yezetee
    ba_jailfort (Team Fortress 2 > Maps > Jail Break) - GAMEBANANA
    It's a neat sized map and well designed. This map contains the following things:
    • Obstacle course
    • Steady pace
    • Pool
    • Box game
    • Stairway to heaven
    • Disco
    • Fall game
    • Arena
    • Jeopardy
    • Crush game
    • A medic room
    • Dodgeball
    • Soccer (the ball can kill)
    • Tf karts
    • Bubblebeam
    • There is a way in to armoury
    • Deathrun
    • Sweeper

There are also some special features (these are written by the creator):
    You can toggle on and off the armoury and medic room through the blue control room behind the armory.
    You can transform the pool into a racing pool or diving board or water polo (spawns a beach ball to play with in the water with goals).
    You can toggle critical hits, health packs and speed boost for the arena.

There are also some notes by the creator:
    TF-Kart can be camped, the reds can control the bridge and kill blues with it, you probably should set a rule for no camping in TF-Kart. (This also goes for the blue control room as reds cannot access it.)
    Armoury and medic toggle are only recommended for use during hunger games, it can easily be abused, so I advise you setting a rule for no toggling armory or medic when there are no hunger games taking place.
    The special ending can't be triggered unless there is a blue involved. (We have not found this ending yet)
    Do not switch gamemodes for the pool after you've picked one as it can mess up the physics of the ball when it respawns.

Also there is no button to open the cell doors. To open the cell doors you probably need to write !open in chat or open it via the warden menu. (We have not tried this yet because we haven't had the jailbreak addon installed)

Our final notes:
    We think the map "minecraft jail at night" should get replaced with the old and original minecraft map. It's a horrible map compared to the other jailbreak map because it's way to dark and it's a rip-off from the original jailbreak minecraft map. The only thing that's new is that it's bigger. It contains a small village where you can get ammo and that is mostly annoying for blu players.

That's all and thank you for reading.
    -Solid Snake
    -Fahlo
    -Faggot
    -Enrimeus
    -Spindel

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Enrimeus

Enrimeus alt_Human Member

I'd play jailbreak all the time if this was the only map on it to be honest ;D it was that fun and had that much stuff to do.

3. Inov

Inov Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm very interested in the map. Any way to make a public game test?

Edit: It seems the map creates errors that makes players crash at specific occasions, and that some parts of the map have been recycled from space jail (Though I dont think the 2nd thing is much of an issue.)

Another edit...
    Talked with Solid Snake, errors can be easily avoided. This would be a great map to be added in JB.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  4. Uncle Lance

Uncle Lance Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i want this map noaw

5. aaaa

aaaa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It looks good in my opinion, can't wait for it to be added. Also regarding the minecraft map part of the suggestion I think that it should be reverted to one of the old version's of the map since the minecraft map is one of the more iconic jailbreak maps(I mean completely removing it is like removing Rottenburg from mvm)

6. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ye that is true spindel, but I'm talking about the minecraft at night map. Not the original minecraft map.
    EDIT
    Just realized the old minecraft map got removed. Changing my final notes.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Installed and also removed the night map.
    Added jail_minecraft_dynf_v9 and jail_minecraft_jodc_v6, to see which one is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.