Declined Jailbreak EU rules change suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Enjoyker, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have had a small debate about this on the JB Fog Discord server and got mixed results, so I wanted to see what you guys think about this.
    1. I think the time freedays can spend after the last red has died could be shortened to 1 minute since many people are impatient and sometimes reds can sort of abuse this to be just rude and make everyone wait the whole 3 minutes. Often times that leads to drops in players.
    2. I'm not sure if this is a rule or not, but there could be a new rule added regarding "that last red hiding somewhere on the map for 5 minutes straight". Sometimes after all the reds which are eligible for LR die/after LR has been given there is one person who will hide somewhere on the map for 5 minutes and that is also generally annoying.So I am proposing to shorten the rule about freedays' time after all other reds have died to one minute, and also for a new rule to be added forcing the round to end/forcing the rebeller to come out after for example 2 minutes when all the reds eligible for LR have died and the rebeller is hiding.

2. Retro

Retro Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The 1st rule is rather strange to me, but that is due to the fact that I didn't get to play on the JB EU server yet. I will certainly do that in the near future, but I am not sure if this thread gets closed soon, oh well.
    On your second point however I do feel experienced enough to tell you why this doesn't sound like a good idea to me: I would like to remind you that the mode is called Jailbreak for a good reason. If a T (Red) is hidden after the cells have been opened and he managed to escape he practically did what he is supposed to do: He broke out. If a rebel manages to escape, (gets a weapon), and hides, well, then the Blues better be trying harder next time. You shouldn't be forcing him out of his corner, just because he outplayed the Blues. I can recall a situation when I played JB on CS: A T (Red), let's call him Ben, managed to get in the T-armory just after the 3rd minute, it's rather hard but he capitalized on the chaos. After 5 more minutes only Ben and another T (the "regular winner", having the LR) were alive. But Ben's teammate couldn't LR, because Ben was still alive in the T-armory. The Blues obviously figured he was in there but couldn't go in. After 3 very long minutes they all typed kill in the console, so that the round would end. The truth is that Ben outplayed the CTs. He deserved to be the round winner. You probably find that annoying or unfair, but that is part of the game in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Welp, this seemed like a good idea from the start, but it seems most people disagree.
    EDIT: Now that I am looking at this whole thread again, it seems most hatred goes towards suggestion number 2, so that one doesnt need to be taken into consideration, just hear me out on the first one.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  4. ser12rt

ser12rt Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'd like to mainly touch on your second rule proposal and say that it would be a bit unfair for someone who managed to out maneuver the BLU's to be punished for it if they wanted to have fun and delay the round. Regardless of if they do, once LR has been picked the BLU's have to actively end the round anyway, so it's not like they aren't searching, the RED has just found an efficient spot and should get to enjoy it.

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will not change these rules, depending on the reds every single one of them can die within 30 secs of the round starting making the entire freeday lr basically denied.

Also the maps in general mostly aren't that big so any rebeller could easily be found, most of them that escape try to kill all blues anyway.

Closing and moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.