I need a new headset

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Bambi, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well after many years my steelseries headset has severely decreased in sound quality, so now I'm looking for a new headset. Sound quality and comfort are obvious top priority. Mic/No mic doesn't matter. Feel free to tell which you use and what you think of them or recommend another you think is good. Thanks.

2. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sennheiser HQ 958
    Very expensive but by far the most comfortable headset I ever put on my head. I don't have to mention the superiority regarding soundquality, do I? :^)
    I got lucky and got it for 2/3 of the price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hilarious, mine broke just yesterday with an obnoxious pop.

I've just got some really cheap-ass £10 pair from ebay, though I may use this thread as later reference.

4. Someone

Someone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  5. Lair

Lair Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    beyerdynamic dt 990
    expensive as fuck.
    This is my go to, Its a open design so you will hear all the background noise on your house etc but the quality of the sound is the best i have tried so far.
    The open design gives it a airy/full sound quality and it makes the sound way more realistic imo..
    It's comfortable af you can sit with it on for 24 hours w/o your ears hurting

The one i got: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynam...55&sr=8-3&keywords=beyerdynamic+dt990+250+ohm

Dt 770 is a closed design had that one at first but it didn't give me that airy/full sound what makes it sound full stereo
    Goes for £109.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynam...8&qid=1479692043&sr=8-1&keywords=beyerdynamic

6. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Regarding this headset, I agree it is excellent for sound quality and sound cancellation. However the big drawback is the microphone quality. If you intend to do any kind of recording or sometimes just general chit chat it is not very good. I suggest you do what I did, if you have the $$$$, buy a standalone microphone to go a long with this great headset. I personally use the HyperX Cloud 2 and a Blue Yeti for the microphone.

7. SpaveN

SpaveN Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What Venom said, I also have the HyperX Cloud 2, I enjoy it alot so far, so I'll highly recommend it.

8. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteelSeries 9H. They are tournament headset- great sound quality, great isolation and top on comfortability. They are expensive...

9. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I recommend the Qpad QH-90 as a headset. Its got a quite good price for being such a great headset.

Both the sound and mic quality is excellent on this one. It may feel very hard and pushy on your head but you can adjust it/you'll slowly get used to it.

Only downpart might be that the cord breaks easily, i've had to replace mine every 12 months or so. Might just be me being careless though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.