Helping the refugees in the countrys all over the world.

Discussion in 'General' started by Toxic, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    A humanitarian emergency is continuing to unfold across Europe.
    UNHCR is on the ground providing life-saving protection but we need your help.

Thousands of families are fleeing for their lives, risking treacherous sea and land crossings, in a desperate bid to reach the safety of Europe.
    Over half a million people have crossed the Mediterranean and Aegean so far this year, fleeing war, persecution and a horrifying list of human miseries in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Eritrea, and other countries. Nearly 3,000 people have drowned or gone missing. Yet, the number of people arriving in Europe continues to rise.
    For many, the choice to embark on such dangerous journeys seems the only way to give their children a chance of survival and safety.
    “I am doing this for the future of my children. We had no hope of a future left in Iraq, in Syria, just a future of war. People where I am from have nothing to return to – we have had so many deaths, lost so many we loved. We hope that here in Europe at least our children can have some hope, a future again.” – Asma, a refugee traveling alone with her children.
    UNHCR is on the ground, working around the clock to help Syrian and other refugees caught up in this crisis. We are the only organization protecting refugees and providing lifesaving assistance at every point of the way, offering 24-hour service in many locations. As winter approaches, more support is urgently needed for us to continue to save lives and protect families forced to flee their homes.

Donate here: Donate to UNHCR - UN Refugee Agency

I donated 100 € = 1000 Kr

2. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No way mate, i need my money for cosmetics.

3. Pudgey

Pudgey Shinji did nothing wrong Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I shouldnt, but i laughed far too much at that

4. Oku!

Oku! Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I aint giving my hard earned cash to bunch of refugees. I need to feed myself.

5. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'll be happy to help out once I am able to feed myself (metaphorically)

6. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I need to buy cigarettes tho

7. Pudgey

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since when do you smoke?

8. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yoda money need anti wrinkle cream for.

9. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think it is actually a very noble cause and really mus compliment with what you did. I know not everyone thinks the same about the discussion about refugees but they indeed need help, if we want it or not. I am not sure if I will donate but it wont be to that organisation, rather take something in my own country then.

I bet most of us cant imagine how it is, to live in a war zone and flee your home because it is too dangerous.

10. OG Under the Dash

OG Under the Dash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The real refugees seek help in other countries instead of traveling across whole europe. Probably more than 80 % of the "refugees" which reach central europe just move here for the money. Helping real refugees is alright but this is just hilarious.

Some say that we shouldnt help that "human trash". I mean that quite harsh, but it has something.

11. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If there was trouble on the homefront, I and many of you would be conscripted.

Still reckon the men fleeing should be fighting for their country, not leaving it to the rest of them - but then god knows what this country has to do with it too.

Honestly the whole situation sucks and there really doesn't seem to be an end game to it.

12. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That post showed so much ignorance...
    I'm a person that does not agree with our policies regarding them but posting stuff like that is just being ignorant and generalize things- we are talking about soo many people and you make up your mind by seeing 2 or 3 people's opinions.

13. Pudgey

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Is it just me, or do I think everyone is gonna kick off over what Anthelion put?

Just try not to argue guys, okay?

14. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Tio José das Vacas@Tio José das Vacas I linked those video to give you a glimse of my opinion about them. It wasn't meant to make a debate out of it... AND no, I don't make my mind up by these videos "only". But as stated earlier, they wasn't meant to start a debate, so if you want a debate I can gladly fill your inbox on the forum with TONS of this kind of videos.

Have a good one, because I'm not replying more on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  15. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I kek'd to that tio post

16. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I just want to hear ur opinion, Nothing else, Jeeez

17. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will try to find time to make a reply with my opinion. @Rainbow Dash@Rainbow Dash, I would love to see a reply with arguments- that would awesome to read. Spam my inbox I love to talk about this subject.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  18. Yoda

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There's a law that says refugees have to stay in the country they arrive in, so the procedure of "if they can stay" is made there aswell. 2.1 million respect that and stay in turkey (which is the country most refugees arrive in) and those are the ones that i respect aswell. But those who ignore that and go to (in our cases) germany austria and so on ignore the law and in my opinion dont have the right to stay here.
    You want to live here? respect the fucking law.

19. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When you talk about as you say "the law", you should be more careful because different countries have different laws and in my country the constitution states that we are entitled to give shelter to everyone that seeks asilo when they are in danger and their country does not respect human rights- which is exactly what's happening with most of them.
    While I don't agree with giving them shelter in my country or others- I don't agree with your statement, we need to solve the problem in the source. We need to solve the problem in siria, libia, etc... That's not something we can do in a short period of time and for that reason I believe they should be temporarily sheltered in a neutral area.
    I don't have much time to post my thoughts but you get what I'm saying I hope. Will try to define the neutral area when I have time ;)

20. Yoda

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Of course grabbing the problem by its roots is the solution. But for that we'd have to stop a i think 10year war (i saw a post today..) and i dont think noone has tried that. If they failed before, why succeed now? Let it calm if we have to..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.