Give me tips :( - Getting an Unusual

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Sky, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So yesterday I decided to collect metals/keys/buds because there are some hats I really want to get in unusual. At the first time I had it in mind, I said I am gonna reach the age 60 when I get a bud...

So yeah, this doesnt sound easy. Not at all.

Note that I don't have any money, so I know it's much faster if i buy keys...

I wanted to ask you guys who have/had any unusual hat that:
    How long did it take get that/those? And how? What's your secret? >.>

So I'm mostly looking for some pro tips of somehow making getting metals/keys/buds just a little bit faster...

And what's the most expensive unusual effect? Like, the orbiting fire compared to the bubbling is higher or lower in price?

No I won't uncrate crates. 1% chance of getting an unusual, No thank you. Don't wanna waste keys.

I was planning of getting a cheap all class hat like modest pile of hat, or human cannonball with the effect of burning (don't know the exact name), bubbling, circling logos like hippy or tf2, orbiting fire, green/purple energy or smoking.
    and not looking for effects that it's hard to notice like massing flies...

So if you guys know any tips of getting an unusual a bit faster, I'd like to see a reply here...Thanks a lot!

P.S: I hope you understand everything because i'm "kinda terrible" about explaining this much...Again, thanks!

2. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The effects value vary from class to class.
    For example,
    The sniper's hats are worth way more with massed flies effect. Because themed. Do you see?
    The Engineer's hats are worth way more with nuts 'n bolts effect. Because themed. DO YOU SEE?

If you're interested in somewhat cheap unusuals look for heavy and engineer unusuals, those are worth somewhat less.

3. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Get 250 premium idle accounts.

Done.

I got my unusual from a lucky unbox. It's worth about a bud, and it's Counterfeit Billycock with Orb. Fire. It took a while, but the unbox didn't come from a big unboxing session, just 1 key on 1 crate.

4. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Buy a unusual Geisha boy, they're worth less than elderly slaves

5. GB_Fisherman

GB_Fisherman Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    if your after an unusual sell everything you dont need in your backpack. sell it all. weapons, hats, random misc items. sell the lot, if your favourite class is scout for example just keep the scout load-out you use and sell everything else. I have two unusuals, both not worth a great deal. But took me ages to get them, i waited and looked for a decent deal, somebody trying to sell quick.

6. Sir Waffle II

Sir Waffle II Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You trade yourself up. You've got to trade for items and not just metal, you won't get anywhere otherwise. Well at least it will take much longer. Think of it as buying and selling stocks, you follow items rising and falling in price. It's all about awarenes of prices and to take some risks to trade yourself up. If you see a positive trend on an item's price you buy it. See a negative trend, you sell it. For example, the people who bought festives just before they rose in price earned at least 10 keys if they sold it later during the autumn. Also, items rise and fall depending on season. Again, for example, the summer items will rise just befire summer.
    Hope this helped.

7. [LS] Ducky

[LS] Ducky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    How about buying new items in the TF2Warehouse and selling them in Tf2Outpost? Usually items are much cheaper in the warehouse so you can sell them at outpost for a higher price = profit.

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Did you even consider looking at the Thread date?
    New necro record - 8 Months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.