Implemented Delete all linearmap checkpoint times

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Seynethic, Jun 3, 2017.

?

Delete all linear map checkpoint times?

1. yay

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ^simple as that.

but why should we delete all checkpoint times of linear maps?
    well right now the checkpoint feedback for most linear maps is pretty much bullshit.
    why?
    [​IMG]
    the old checkpoint system was taking differences instead of the whole time. right now its taking the whole time but still got the old difference ones. pretty much fucked up checkpoints. I mean srsly? +22.87 I don't need such a feedback.
    okay and deleting all checkpoint times of linear maps would solve this problem?
    [​IMG]

that screenshot was taken on surf_utopia_night. this map never experienced the old "difference cp" system.
    when I was hitting cp 3 I noticed that I was already falling behind the wr with about 1,3seconds. when hitting cp 4 I was falling behind a total of 3seconds - totally failed that cp huh?

another opportunity to "solve" this, would be to go back to our "old" system by taking only the differences on linear maps but that is in my opinion utter bullshit.

Let me know your opinions on that.

2. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'd like to keep some sort of checkpoint marker for the maps, but go back to the old system.
    I find using checkpoints on maps like ace fix and orthodox and kitsune which are all linear stage maps very useful to find out which part I need to improve the most, I'd love to keep this on linear maps so I know where I can best improve my times, though I do dislike the current +30 secs I keep getting on them which makes it confusing so I would support having the time differences between the checkpoints back.

3. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    some linear maps dont even have cp times and on the maps that is enabled its really confusing.
    only the newer linear maps have "ok" cp times

4. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    I'd say the staged checkpoints are perfectly fine (at least when compared to the WR(CP), and not the CPWR).
    looks like I gotta improve my s6+s8 on surf_orthodox.
    obviously the cpwr feedback is totally wrong. in this case on cp 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8
    [​IMG]
    sometimes the checkpoint timer fucks up when taking the time of some players. as you can clearly see #1, #2 and #3 got a bugged time because this is just impossible. first legit time(where the plugin did'nt fck up) would be made by Ninjamouze. happens quite often for whatever reason. this is clearly something that needs to be fixed in the future. but that's currently not the matter of this thread.

so in my opinion the staged map checkpoints are already working in the correct way.

yes. there are quite a few linear maps which don't have any cp's at all.
    that would be some work for our lovely SM's venom and avayodocactus to add some. but that's not urgently needed atm.

5. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i was actually on when the 1st time on s8 happened i asked him how he did it but i didnt get any answer..maybe they bhop like crazy of something
    some cps even on staged maps are bugged

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Deleted all CP times (652,744) for the following maps:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.