Resolved CS Surf 1-2 Targeting players

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by Spartan, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello, I am going to be writing about a suggestion with the spectate and the self mute commands.

So what is the issue, when there is a mic spammer most people just want to be able to quickly mute the offending party, if you were to do /sm "insert name here" it will give the error "cannot target this player" and I feel like this is something that shouldn't happen as if you use the menu for self mute you can target the player. As this is only for the person writing the command I do not see a need for it to give an error.

Again, with the !spec command you cannot target players, this causes a problem when the server is full and people cannot find players on the spectate list when scrolling through, it causes the same error and I feel like it may be an issue that is not commonly known or is a feature that needs to be changed.

I would appreciate it if these commands allowed players to target others to make it easier for people to mute people or spectate others when they want to do it fast and without hassle.

2. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Would be definetly more comfortable. You are right.

Just by the way you can spec any player directly by using console commands:
    1. status
    # 2381 8 "HauPeng" STEAM_1:0:99466692 07:54 43 0 active 196608
    # 2368 18 "areston" STEAM_1:1:39691896 45:52 71 0 active 196608

2. spec_player 8 or spec_player 18 in this case

This even works when you can find them by scrolling trough the specmode.

3. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Re-classified this as a bug (and removed poll), seeing how both of these commands are actually public.
    While I can disable the immunity checking (which is currently on), it somehow causes the partial matching algorithm to fail.. (e.g. Test Player -> sm_spec Test works, sm_spec "Test" doesn't).

Under investigation.

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This has been fixed now.
    Messed the part of getting the targeted player's name up, so it wasn't finding anyone..

Deployed on all Surf & BHop servers - self mute on all CS:GO servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.