Already done CS:GO KZ - Maps, Fixes and Global Timer

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Jak, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Heya guys,
    I'd like to reach out with a few suggestions and bugfixes I have in mind for the kreedz server of FoG.

Addition of Global Timer (latest version: 1.8xx):
    - Would add higher player base and you could see your stats on kzstats.com
    - Could fix problems regarding the vanishing of your menu at times, all timers stopping at the same point for some strange reason or maps not working at all or bugging out on rtvs so it doesn't change but reload

Maps:
    - Add more maps that are already listed on the global timer because those maps got tested by some of the best players in the world for bugs and made it to global for a reason so why not be added to our server as well
    - Remove maps like: kz_lego or kz_measure because those maps are completely bugged out and unplayable as the server loads maps with the similiar names instead of those maps so you will never get to play those maps

Bugfixes:
    - Fix or remove the !radio command as you cannot turn it off or adjust the sound because the overlay won't appear after starting it so a player is forced to rejoin the server to stop it
    - The mapbugs listed above which could be solved by changing/adding the server to global timer
    - Do something with the rtv system as stated in another thread by Rizor and fix the bug where the same map loads again although an rtv has decided to change the map. In this case players are forced to start another rtv and then the map will change automatically without an actuall revote.
    - You cannot turn off !goto although it is in the options but disabling it won't do anything since players can still teleport to you

EDIT: Do something about the rankdistribution if possible as some jumps make no sense.
    It takes a ridiculous amount to get from SKILLED to EXPERT but almost nothing to get to the next higher rank of SEMIPRO.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Disregarding the other points, we are already using the global variant of the plugin (1.85 Global) and are listed on the global server list.
    Otherwise, the server would stay empty 24/7.

Regarding RTV: this problem only affects KZ, and no other servers (which also use the same RTV system), so I highly doubt it's a problem with the RTV plugin itself.
    Must be a bug with either the Workshop system of CS:GO or somewhere in the KZ plugin itself (which I will not touch).

3. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The Globaltimer just needs an update.
    "[KZ] Global Records disabled. Reason: This server is running an outdated KZTimer version. Contact an admin!"
    If im right the current version is 1.86 while the server is running on 1.85.
    And if it is properly listed you should be able to see you in the world rankings on kzstats.com as Jak mentioned. Which is currently not the case if im right.

On all other points I can just agree. There might be some fixes needed.
    Also on some maps your personal skins won't show for some reasons. Anybody had the same problems yet?

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Updated the KZ plugin to the most recent 1.86 version, global records should work again.

5. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    yes they actually do. Global Records are now visible on the server.
    Records from the FOG-Servers are not listed on kzstats.com tho.

6. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nice they actually work now again. Also you still need to remove a couple of maps as they do not work on the server at all. (kz_lego, bkz_measure, kz_ascend)
    Also some maps show up in your unfinished maps feed although you already finished them which created the bug of a lower mapcompletion percentage. For example I am missing only 11 maps I can actually still do and yet in my stats it says that I am missing 17 maps. Those maps would be kz_reach, kz_dzy_beyond).

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Replying to all points again:
    Updated to 1.86 Global (see above).

I turned off Steam Workshop auto-synchronization, as I suspected that it was causing the RTV/map not changing bugs, thus the map rotation on the server got a bit out of date.
    Would have to re-enable it and remove certain maps again which caused hard population drops / got reported as broken.
    No ETA on that.

If you give me a (mostly) full list of maps which aren't working and should be removed, I can do that.

Added the sm_radio / sm_radioff commands to the KZ whitelist, so they should work properly again (after a mapchange).

This point seems kinda redundant, could have been solved by the update I did.

Already replied, and also disabled the "nextmap" plugin, which is also suspected of causing mapchange issues.
    Regarding the rtv plugin modification to exclude ranks - is in the queue, no ETA on that either.

This can only be toggled off globally, so either noone can use the command or everyone (there is a seperate CVar for that).

The ranks are distributed based on an ELO system, and based on the default KZ Timer settings.
    These can be found here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/klyve/KZTimerGlobal/master/configs/kztimer/skillgroups.cfg
    Considering they were configured by the original plugin author, I guess they actually do make some sense.

Could have been fixed with the last plugin update, or it is just a discrepancy between the mapcycle.txt and the database (don't know the inner workings of the KZ Timer plugin exactly, so can't tell for sure).
    If it wasn't fixed with the last update, feel free to open an issue here: https://github.com/klyve/KZTimerGlobal/issues

8. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ty for the answers n0name.

The problem with kz_lego for example is. If you vote the map it is changing it to kz_lego_two_redux_v3 and not to kz_lego. Same with bkz_measure, kz_ascend I think.
    And yeah some maps Jak mentioned don't let you end even tho you end them.

I guess Jak would need to make you a list for:
    1. Maps not changing to the right map
    2. Maps not accepting the finish

Also what do you think is causing that you cant see your own skins on the server?

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Define "skins"? Player skins? Arm skins? Weapon skins?

10. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If I use the !usp command I dont get the acutal skin I selected in the weapon loadout. Only if I respawn and switch it with my mousewheel (Select Next Weapon).
    So by using !usp I basically just get the default one. Any idea or command to fix that?

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not that I know of, could it be that you are on the opposite team?
    Aka. getting a USP while on T.

12. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yep it acutally is only on T side.

13. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That is standard behaviour then, the CS:GO item server only applies your skin if the weapon matches with team (and your loadout).

14. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I listed them all here already : )

15. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1. Maps not changing to the right map
    kz_lego
    bkz_measure
    kz_ascend

2. Maps not accepting the finish
    kz_reach
    kz_dzy_beyond

correct me if im wrong.

16. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, if those 3 were all, then I have just removed them as well.

17. Jak

Jak Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks in advance. Really appreciated for your quick help and good communication.

18. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I actually count 5?

19. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Only removed the ones stated in the OP.

20. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The original post actually has 5 maps listed.
    Am I a noob right now? Excuse me if I am.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.