[BUG] Graffiti Update

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive' started by Dragoon™, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoon™

Dragoon™ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey guys,

So we've all noticed the new CS:GO update which includes Graffiti. I personally am not fond of the idea, as it is only another moneymaker for VALVe.
    I was browsing YouTube just a while ago and came across a video of Anomaly. He (or someone else) just found a bug within the new graffiti system, which allows players to have a one way see-through glass pane.

Once again, VALVe managed to launch an untested update. I'm aware that they have added the PBE a while ago, but I'm unsure if the update was launched on it before it went live.
    For anyone who wants to see how the glitch/bug works, here's the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGq8q9xffJc

What do you guys think about this glitch and/or the new Graffiti update?

~Dragoon™

2. Someone

Someone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Glitch ->Too much bitching over something so small and that will be fixed soon.

Smart move on Valve's part for graffiti update, because there will always be someone who would purchase such stupid shit. Probably shouldn't be allowed in competitive games though.

3. Dragoon™

Dragoon™ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So you call gaining in-game advantages a 'small' thing, doesn't really seem reasonable... I really think Valve should test their updates before pushing them to the live community.

4. Someone

Someone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am saying the whole situation is a small thing because it WILL be fixed and neither is it game-breaking. The current and easiest solution is just to shoot glass that has graffiti. Everyone seems to be treating it like it is the end of the world for CSGO though.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  5. Dragoon™

Dragoon™ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Agreed, but I think Valve should be more careful in the future...

6. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Reminder, Volvo broke TF2 a lot during updates so this ain't new.
    Here a small list of examples (occurred too often when I was around):
    • Last cp detonation on payload maps (Gun meddle update (introduced skins))
    • Last cp detonation on pl_upward (Expiration date update)
    • Crashing servers related to weapon pickup and jack (Somewhere when pass time was introduced)
    • pl_Borneo last cp detonation was possible again due to unfix when attempting to fix oob (out of bounds) exploit (related to fixed qcrouch (quantum crouch, go google it, not gonna explain))
    • New introduced maps often were exploitable due to spots where getting oob possible was and more
    • Spawning in enemy spawns (infiltration exploit) on arena maps was possible after a certain update (believe it was the second update with skins)
    • Lagging servers with alt-fire of short circuit (this could have been tested easily, Meet your match update)
    • Locking team in spawn in competitive (Meet your match update)
    • I'm sure there are lots of more examples
    So I'd suggest just reporting it and wait

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Moved this to the general CS:GO section, not really server-related.
    As for the topic itself, didn't expect much more from Valve tbh, they have become a money-hungry company over the past few years.

While true, they are a company, there are other ways to make money / keep making money apart from milking your customers.
    Like, making good games.

8. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

- = -

Sprays should not be allowed in competitive, and I'm not sure if you can do this or not, but you should be able to turn that shit off on community servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.