Buds to not be considered a currency

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Tomorsomething, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomorsomething

Tomorsomething Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  2. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yep, backpack values on backpack.tf are now skyrocketing in response.

3. Dlauck

Dlauck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I blame the rich quick quick selling for the new over something or brand new games what are over hyped about and the will be like any other game paying to win.

4. Another Mundy

Another Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Guys, everyone is saying "OMG IT'S BP.TF FAULT! SHITTY SITE DESTROYED TF2 TRADING! OMG!". I'm kind of tired of that kind of people. As I have explained once on the Achievement/Idle servers the TF2 trading community was bound to become shit even before backpack.tf was made. Basicly, the currency (metal) were slowly creating an inflation which is reasoned so that it can be infiniteley created by the community itself. There is no limit of it and people have so much so that it slowly becomes useless. Let's consider an example like sand. It's pretty much useful, since you can use it to create building materials, but there's so much of it and it's so easily gettable so that people don't really pay much for it. The more of a currency there is, the less it will be worth. The keys aren't really that much of a currency, since to get them you have to eitherway put alot of effort (get drops and/or trade your way up to them) or you can spend your in real life currency - money. I can easily say that Valve could really have PLANNED for it to happen. In their ideology the metal currency would reduce itself because of the crafting, but noone really crafts hats from 3 ref, since it's not profitable. So as you see, it was not the fault of backpack.tf, people from backpack.tf were only smart enough to notice that.

TL;DR
    It's Valve's fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.