Declined Boxing Ring Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by jackboy61, May 3, 2018.

?

Should this rule be added?

1. Yes

30.8%
  2. No

69.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey I think we need to add a new rule for the boxing ring. Basically a lot of plauyers get annoyed when they try and have a boxing match and players constantly come in and kill them. The admins can't do much to help because there is no rule against it. Thus I propose a new simple rule for any server with a boxing ring in it: "Do not Interfere with an active boxing match". This gives admins the power to ensure that people enjoy themselves as much as possible without really negatively affecting other players as these rings are often out of the way of the main map areas.
    Let me know what you guys think.

2. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Drago, I am curious why you voted no. Care to expand? :D

3. DavisLF3

DavisLF3 Not a weeb, just retarded. Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To be honest, basic rules are already hard to handle, but I don't mind to handle this one if it's accepted.

4. Drago

Drago Member

I am an Admin, not a Kindergartener or Babysitter.
    I would much prefer to care about actual duties than to boost friendlies ego with their "nO kIlL!!! I Am FriNEdLY!!!!", in which they feel entitled to scream at the top of their lungs every 3 seconds.
    I know that the people that do spam their "fRIeNDly" are a minority, but I could still sleep better at night knowing that I am not supporting this annoyance.
    It is not that I am strictly against the rule, but much more that I don't see the reason why I would have to bother with controlling friendly matches.

5. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It is not going to work, not only will players will ignore it or not know about it. It will also cause a flood of reports for the admins and Trade already generates a lot.

Plus... in the past we had a similar rule called the "library rule" or no killing in the library of the trade map back then. It only gave a lot of nonsense and got removed for a reason. It only gives a lot of hassle and returns very little.

6. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    like what is said above, I don't see the need of what I think would be a really petty rule. As also stated I feel like it would cause some confusion and adding this rule would cause more harm then it would do good.

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't see much reason in adding yet another, very specific rule.
    Trade already gets the highest amount of reports (at least from auto reports), adding a new rule would only worsen the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.