Declined Better balance maybe? (Dustbowl)

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Pride, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride

Pride Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Picture the basically "everyday Dustbowl situation" when there aren't too many players on. Simply about six higher skilled players gathering up on one team, while you're on a team of three players with the other three being bots doing nothing. And at the same time !votescramble isn't working because there aren't enough players on the server. I mean what kind of balance is this really? All it does is push people away because of how the unfair the teams are and how little fun it is to even try.

I'm suggesting something like; maybe the bots shouldn't count as players when choosing teams or something, so you're forced to fill out spots bots are taking, because the server can truly go imbalanced and I don't think a lot of players would be interesting in waiting till the "win-streak" auto scramble.

2. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maybe solve the whole situation by adding in a scramble every 30 mins?

3. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Mainly when I'm on I force scramble every few rounds by connection time^2/score.

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Unfortunately, this is currently not possible.
    Valve's bot "system" assigns bots to the team with less players, can't really change anything on that.
    The plugin itself also doesn't support that kind of feature.

Best thing you can do is contact an admin and let him/her manually trigger a scramble (at least until there are >= 12 human players).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.