Implemented Beginner Bhop server rtv system

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Animal, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animal

Animal Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just a sugestion,or a reminder i guess, that the rtv system on the beginner bhop server is super bad,i cant rtv being the only one in the server,if theres a way you can copy the rtv system from the surf servers it would be awesome,they work amazingly and give alot more freedom :)

2. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I do totally agree with you. I am really glad you wrote this down otherwise I would've done it within the next week or so. Would change it for the expert aswell then.

I would suggest to take the rtv system from our kz server though. It only allows players to rtv who really play and are not sitting in spectator or elsewhere + you can undo your rtv (with /undortv). It is way better than the one on surf.
    Since it's 100% required votes <7 players (this players have to be in a team, spectators doesn't count) the time you have to wait to rtv after a mapchange can also be reduced to 0 minutes instead of the current 10 minutes which you have to wait to be able to rtv.

TL: DR KZ RTV plugin:
    Percentages:
    1-7 players = 100% required votes
    8-9 players = 75% -"-
    >= 10 players = 60% -"-
    - Only considers players who have joined a team, and no specs/unassigned/connecting ones.
    - Able to undo your rtv with /undortv
    - because of the 100% required votes <7 players the delay for being able to rtv after a mapchange can be reduced from 10 minutes to 0 minutes

https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/kreedz-server-rockthevote-permission.13832/

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  3. Animal

Animal Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That would be awesome,i just suggested the surf one cause thats the only one im familiar with,and it works well. But the kz one seems amazing aswell. Im not exactly sure who the server manager is but its like 5 min work,and we would all be very grateful for it,i cant explain how frustrating it is to be playing a shit map just cause we cant change it,ands its like 5 of us in the server - "The minimal number of players required has not been met" thingy is annoying af ;)

4. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Dont worry im pretty sure this is going to be fixed very soon.

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Copied over the RTV system from KZ to bhop.
    If players are miscounted, the servers may need a full restart (should fully work after a mapchange tho).

The required time after a mapchange was left unchanged at 10 minutes, as it's a global config.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.